Check Out Our Shop
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
    And you can't build apartment buildings because the Karen's go scorched earth. This is my 'hood and my HOA. It's looking like a lawsuit is coming and they want to send the residents the bill. Go rich whities go!

https://www.skyhinews.com/news/apart...e-controversy/

Sent from a 6 m/s face melting thermal

If that's all true ... good fucking god.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    It's sort of related, right?
    STR versus LTR, possibly for local workers.

Maybe the town could give a tax break to those landlords who LTR rent to local workers? A little remodel so that the owner could still use part of the house and LTR rent to locals?

Point is, it's a real problem, not only for vacation towns, but real estate on any coast.
    the scummit county goverment was paying around 10k cash to convert your home from STR to LTR some people took em up on it especially the ones with flailing rentals

just ate 10mg of eddibles I"m fucking going xc skiing
    just think about cashing out and can't wait

I'm trying to think of what kind of song I can sing about how shitty my life is
    ski town bumming has me down costs of living suck me dry
    I haven't broken 7 figures yet this year seems like my van aint getitng no new jewerly
    need a skid plate to cover that tranny cause I don't want anyone to know my real bender

thrad needs some music I swear OT is singing about breckenridge

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Yea actually it is. Should be governed by the lease. Tenants can still bail on the landlord but the landlord can't give an asshole tenant 30 days notice to get out.

Last years version (rejected):
    Forbid landlords from "raising rent unreasonably" on renewal of lease.
    Forbid landlords from not renewing the lease unless they were going to put their own family in the place.

It was fucking insane.

I'm not sure how much of that made it into this years version but I do know if a landlord wants a tenant out at the end of the lease they have to give tenant 120 days notice that they won't renew the lease under the legislation! That's unreasonably long.

I'm not a landlord. That shit is fucked. I'd never LTR a room in my house.
    It's 90 days warning about lease termination according to what I read:

...Landlords would need to provide a 90-day notice to a tenant before proceeding with an eviction.

Sponsors also took out a provision from last year that would have required landlords to offer tenants in good standing a “substantially similar” lease with only a “reasonable” increase in rent when it expires. This time, that provision applies to tenants who leave a unit so the landlord can do major renovations and want to return.

There is also an exemption for landlords who rent out part of a property at which they also live.

Do I misunderstand that in the current proposal, the landlord can set their own rent, that the ability of the state to do so has been removed with the remodel exception?
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 03-29-2024 at 05:47 PM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    If that's all true ... good fucking god.
    Oh, its true. That's the non-emotional version without the classism and racism. These people are insane. They cry in the meetings and talk about how it will make it unsafe for kids to walk to the bus. They truly thing an apartment building in fuckin' Tabernash is gonna be a Mexican filled drug den with 24/7 pit bulls and Mariachi Music.

I told them they don't have enough money to live behind a gate. They can't believe that a middle ages white dude ain't on their side. I say I liked in better before their house was build and they moved to town but that doesn't mean I'm entitled to it. They are really starting to piss off the wrong people. They will lose. I just hoping that the legal fees can be paid out of the reserves so I don't get a special assesment.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    It's 90 days warning about lease termination according to what I read:

[i]
    ...Landlords would need to provide a 90-day notice to a tenant before proceeding with an eviction.
    No it is 90 days for eviction notice WITH CAUSE as specified by the restrictions of the legislation, which is fucking insanely long that it takes 90 days to evict with cause.

If you want to not renew a lease, it is 120 days notice minimum of non-renewal or you have to pay the tenant $$$. That is FUCKED.

This time, that provision applies to tenants who leave a unit so the landlord can do major renovations and want to return.
    So you have a tenant move out of a fucking dump, you renovate it into a nice high end place, now you have to rent it back to that same tenant for "substantially" the same price as when it was a dump because the law says so.

This is horrific breaches of private property rights and massive overreach by the state.

it is slightly less fucked than when the state was goin to decide what reasonable rent increases landlords were allowed to make.

This is what the Denver/Boulder dems think is right and fine. It's even worse than their plans to centralize most local zoning control with the state.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    a Mexican filled drug den with 24/7 pit bulls and Mariachi Music.
    I lived in one of those in Thornton.

It was pretty sweet. Way better than any place in the fucking suburbs, that's for sure.

Hmmm.
    I'd have to see the text of the bill, but as of last Tuesday, this is what I read:

Sen. Kyle Mullica, D-Thornton, also attempted a wholesale rewrite of the bill.

His strike-below amendment would have added renewal of a lease to the protections covered under the state's fair housing law. The amendment also would have required ample notice if the landlord chooses not to renew the lease, at 120 days, with a penalty of losing the tenant's deposit for violations.

"We are creating a situation where one party of a contract is forced to stay in that contract for perpetuity," Mullica said of the bill as it arrived on the Senate floor.

Gonzales said the middle ground proposed by Mullica would strike the entire bill, which she said as amended drew neutral positions from realtors, the apartment association and the governor.

The amendment failed.

I'm very interested in this, generally don't like these restrictions. But like Puffy Cathy, let's not misconstrue the facts.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Colorado really should have a standardized lease. That would be a great start. But really, in my opinion, Mom & Pop landloarding has been a pretty big supplier of rentals. So when we have a housing crisis, it seems counter productive to disincentive this. You'll just get more larger corporate landlords that can spread the legal, admin and security muscle over multiple properties. Then they'll get their lobby fired up with golf trips, steak dinners and whatever other blow jobs they can offer and we'll all lose.

20+ years ago Boulder had a model lease. It was handy for both parties. Are you by chance titled "Head Pole"?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Fairly good rant. Yes, regulatory volatility is part of the game. I do really think that the sharps let the hobby business puffy coat mafia Linda of Littleton's do their dirty work. I do wonder when the existing STR owners will start lobbying for caps.

https://www.summitdaily.com/opinion/...a-second-home/

Fairly good rant. Yes, regulatory volatility is part of the game. I do really think that the sharps let the hobby business puffy coat mafia Linda of Littleton's do their dirty work. I do wonder when the existing STR owners will start lobbying for caps.

https://www.summitdaily.com/opinion/...a-second-home/
    "My advice for people who can’t afford a $200,000 mortgage on a home that is now valued at $1.4 million is to sell it and use the money they make on the sale to stay at hotels in Breckenridge when they want to visit. Or cut down on the avocado toast."

GOLD, Jerry. GOLD!

…the hobby business puffy coat mafia Linda of Littleton's…
    I like it.