Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    I like to get dropped off at Thunderhead in the morning.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Montana was high in the running as a relocation spot for me, but between wages that are a step above indentured servitude and the way the politics of the state broke in the most recent election, I'll just keep on heading north, thanks.
    I would stay the fuck out of this state. It's fucking depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I like to get dropped off at Thunderhead in the morning.
    Also fucked, and if it was't you'd be doing your best to make it so. The line before it opened was up the hill with no less than 11 cars and shuttles dropping of folks at a time.

Fuck
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I was just talking to a realtor friend today and we were discussing how most of the hordes of people who have moved to Montana this year to "escape" the pandemic are the exact people we DON'T want moving here. Dumbass Trump followers acting like idiots. And reading the Gallatin County SAR Facebook page for the Bozeman area right now is crazy. All kinds of idiots getting into trouble on their sleds and needing rescue. Like really dumb stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/gallatincountysheriffsoffice/
    Jezuz, you would think that somebody would talk about banning sleds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele'ndaboat View Post
    Also fucked, and if it was't you'd be doing your best to make it so. The line before it opened was up the hill with no less than 11 cars and shuttles dropping of folks at a time.
    Uhhh

Took us about 45 minutes from being in line right before it opened at Christie to top of Thunderhead. The funny thing is that they have half of the lines in the mazes closed for social distancing so the lines look 2X as long as they normally would.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Uhhh

Took us about 45 minutes from being in line right before it opened at Christie to top of Thunderhead. The funny thing is that they have half of the lines in the mazes closed for social distancing so the lines look 2X as long as they normally would.

So you are saying I'm right? 45 minutes is 20 to long. Plus that comment was about what my friend found when she was dropped off at thunderhead.

Jezuz, you would think that somebody would talk about banning sleds.
    And canoes. Nothing like dumping the boat in December with your mom on along. Let's just keep going ma.

On Sunday, December 27, 2020 at 1:05 pm, Gallatin County Sheriff Search and Rescue and Gallatin River Ranch Fire Department responded to a call from a 26-year-old man and his 63-year-old mother who overturned their canoe on the Gallatin River, just east of Nixon Gulch Bridge. They had put in at Dry Creek and planned on pulling out at Nixon Gulch Bridge, but overturned the canoe twice during their outing. The first overturn occurred approximately halfway through their planned trip; they lost some of their gear but were able to turn the canoe upright and continue their trip. The second overturn occurred approximately one and a half miles downriver from the first overturn location. They lost their canoe in the water and were unable to walk out due to terrain and cold exposure. The male reported that his mother was also experiencing minor back pain.

Rescuers from Search and Rescue and Gallatin River Ranch Fire located the patients and coordinated a rescue by Zodiac boat launched from Nixon Gulch Bridge. SAR members successfully transported the patients to the Nixon Gulch Bridge, where AMR Paramedics provided medical evaluation.

Steamboat Shit Show(rant)

Quote Originally Posted by Tele'ndaboat View Post
    So you are saying I'm right? 45 minutes is 20 to long. Plus that comment was about what my friend found when she was dropped off at thunderhead.
    So your expectation is ZERO line? On Christmas break with covid restrictions? On a powder day?

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    .....bites tongue trying not to comment on shadows/closets...... ive contributed enough bad juju for this thread
    That's a weird run to be all hush hush about, every Tom, Dick and Harry know about that one. It's THE signature tree run of the 'Boat.
    Now, if we're talking about Rancid Tuna, Land of Little People and Times Square, shhhhhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    That's a weird run to be all hush hush about, every Tom, Dick and Harry know about that one. It's THE signature tree run of the 'Boat.
    Now, if we're talking about Rancid Tuna, Land of Little People and Times Square, shhhhhhh....
    Rancid Tuna.

Don't you guys have to drive by a couple miles of condos barfed onto the side of the hill before you even get to the lift? That would kinda tip me off the place might not be exactly empty.

Meanwhile Routt County has been giving a buddy of mine the hardest time just to keep his restaurants open. The dissonance is deafening where they'll let the mountain open no holds barred, the shift the goalposts daily on everyone else.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    People in Denver day trip to steamboat? Fuck, that's hardcore.
    I am guilty of doing that a few times for select powder days.

I just like the name thunderhead and how its best in the morning.

For the SAR thing going on so frequently now a days in the west.....I say keep it as natural selection, we have a problem with overpopulation and stupidity.

I say, just leave them to fend for themselves and if some die, oh well....

Kind of like it was only a few short decades ago. If they made bad decisions, well let them suffer and figure it out for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    And canoes. Nothing like dumping the boat in December with your mom on along. Let's just keep going ma.
    That one in particular. What in the actual fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I like to get Thunderhead in the morning.
    Yes

Something we can all agree upon
    . . .

I had a local take me around the 'boat on a pow day. He was a former local DH racer, who was getting back into the race scene again. It was pretty much impossible for me to keep up with him, but I did my best. He took me to all his favorite tree stashes. I have no idea what the names of any of them were. So, your secret stashes are safe with me. I probably couldn't find them again without some serious effort. And even then, I doubt it.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    For the SAR thing going on so frequently now a days in the west.....I say keep it as natural selection, we have a problem with overpopulation and stupidity.

I say, just leave them to fend for themselves and if some die, oh well....

Kind of like it was only a few short decades ago. If they made bad decisions, well let them suffer and figure it out for themselves.
    Their body, their choice. Isn't that the rally cry of the anti-maskers now? I'd say you want to put 1000 cc's of two stroke power between your legs because you have a credit card and there's no skill test to do it, nobody should tell you not to. They also shouldn't be at your beckon call to come help you either. But hey, to each their own.

Aspen, CB, Tahoe, Telluride, Summit Cty, Cottonwood Cyns, Big Sky, Bridger, Sun Valley, Jackson Hole, and even Taos - they’ve all gone to shit, and now it’s Steamboat’s turn. Nothing’s as good as it was. It’s a domino thing, so we all go Jaded Local.

But hey, the PNW! Let’s all go!

Those tree runs on the map are secret!!

Maybe they should set up a seniority/psychological type calculation 🧮 reservations system and set gondola times for walk on

native/non native
    Years in CO
    Years in SB
    Can you name a secret stash on the mountain?
    Where should you smoke one and catch the sunset?
    Local Trivia and history questions
    Minus for CA, NY, NJ, MA, TX, FL, etc birth certificate

actually.....i was commenting how those runs are overhyped lameass runs......like most of that lame resort.......sorry....not sorry. reminds me of skiing in vermont where theres only limited lanes through there. the need to be discreet there was not what i was going for at alll

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    actually.....i was commenting how those runs are overhyped lameass runs......like most of that lame resort.......sorry....not sorry. reminds me of skiing in vermont where theres only limited lanes through there. the need to be discreet there was not what i was going for at alll
    But do they have Champagne powder in VT?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Their body, their choice. Isn't that the rally cry of the anti-maskers now? I'd say you want to put 1000 cc's of two stroke power between your legs because you have a credit card and there's no skill test to do it, nobody should tell you not to. They also shouldn't be at your beckon call to come help you either. But hey, to each their own.
    Ha.

Also, those Gallatin County rescues are of tourists going to WY and BS and renting snowmobiles. I highly highly doubt those are newb Bozemanites getting into trouble buying a sled in their first year in MT, that's a stretch. They are instead most likely buying a nice set of new earmuffs and snowshoes to go on an adventure. Which may also require SAR, but not quite the same as slamming into a tree on Two Top.