kids in glasses - 2020 Covid Version

Anyone have youngish kids that need glasses but don't' wear contacts yet? My soon to be 7 year old needs glasses to see distance - making it a requirement for skiing. Last year, we got a good pair of Smith over the glasses goggles that worked pretty well. This year- with masks, its making the fogging issue that much worse- goggles on the helmet = fogged up glasses in seconds.

Anyone have any suggestions or tips for skiing with kids with eyeglasses?

kids in glasses - 2020 Covid Version

Smith fan goggle and OR uber tube

Buddy has this issues and he’s a big kid

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Try some "Cat C rap" brand on the glasses lenses would be one thing to try before going out and spending money on new googles. Also while adults solution, there is the Fogging of glasses and goggles discussion where some are stating that the OR mask is working for them because of the nose design of the mask. Not sure if OR has a kids version or not...

Other options include divers mask anti-fog, the old school white shaving cream on the glasses (but have to reapply faster, as that does not last very long), or just human saliva (spit on them)...

What about Prescription goggle inserts?

There are some reviews of a company on pugSkitalk and then another company called SportRX.

I do not have first hand experience with either, but I’ll be getting my wife some at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

If his vision isn't as bad as fogged lenses a last resort might be ski without them.

With compulsory masks I'm having to re-learn how to keep my glasses from fogging and can't imagine a 7 year old managing it consistently. Haven't had to resort to skiing without my glasses yet, but now carry a glasses case in case I have to.

Quote Originally Posted by SLCMunchie View Post
    Anyone have youngish kids that need glasses but don't' wear contacts yet? My soon to be 7 year old needs glasses to see distance - making it a requirement for skiing. Last year, we got a good pair of Smith over the glasses goggles that worked pretty well. This year- with masks, its making the fogging issue that much worse- goggles on the helmet = fogged up glasses in seconds.

Anyone have any suggestions or tips for skiing with kids with eyeglasses?
    my 13 y.o has the same set up.
    goggles on face all the time seems to do it for her. Minimal fogging.
    I was considering a pair of the Julbo Goggles that lift the lens offf the frame (designed for skinning), that way, the frame stays in place to seal the top of the mask.

airflux, aerospace, ventilate and a few others have that system

I have goggle inserts for both my kids (5,8). Sports RX, they snap into the frame. Both kids love them and say they are more comfortable than wearing their glasses under the goggles.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    OM knockoffs, over their regular glasses, with turtle fur neck gaiters tucked under the goggles. no fog.