Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    With all the Maestrale comments on here I've seen I figured I'd chime in on something - That boot is not a 50/50 boot, we're talking about a boot that is significantly lighter than a Hoji Free or MTN Lab, and only has a 1-year warranty. It's a stiff touring boot, but at the end up of the day, it is solidly in the touring side of things. From a design perspective: there physically isn't enough material in that boot to support being pounded on lap after lap.

A patroller buddy of mine, who weighs about 160lbs and is a moderately aggressive skier, just had the walk mode rip out from the back of his Maestrale and is not getting support from Scarpa because he's 9 months out of warranty... As an additional data point - he's going back to a Lupo.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    I did a search and didn't see any pics that had pin compatibility. Am I missing something?

Would be awesome if this existed and didn't have to spend an additional $200 to have CAST do it. Too bad not more resort boots have pin compatibility.
    Yes, you have to buy the tech sole separately and switch with the DIN sole. Probably tough to find Ghosts or those tech soles, but I have seen both float through gear swap or other places on the web occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

https://www.bergsskishop.com/replace...4161c3282.html

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I guess I'll go against the grain here. My previous boot quiver was a Lange RS 130 and Salomon Mtn Lab. I always wanted more boot than the MTN had. This year I did the one boot quiver of a Salomon Shift with an Intuition Luxury Liner and have used it 10 days on lifts and 6 short tours. I had the shells molded and 4 punches total as opposed to 10 on the Langes or 8 on the MTN and I am thrilled. The fit is great and I haven't had a want for more boot yet.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    How does the Cochise compare to the XT3 from a skiing perspective? The Cochise is a decent bit heavier, but I've only heard good things about the XT3.
    One skis like Lange made a really good cross over boot and the other skis like Tecnica made a really good cross over boot. Stance and flex 'Feel' are pretty on brand target for both.

I got Hawx XTD 130's last season and put an Intuition in them and while they're an absolute revolution compared to my old touring boots they still don't compare to my RS 130's on the way down, despite my hopes that the Hawx would become my do it all boot since my Langes are getting old. Don't get me wrong the Hawx are plenty stiff, but what they lack is flex...if that makes any sense at all. When locked down they're solid but they don't have the responsive flex of a dedicated inbounds boot, probably a product of them being a fraction of the weight. But I'm guessing we all know that, just don't fully buy into the reviews and descriptions saying these boots are comparable to a stiff heavy resort boot if you're used to skiing in those.

I'll continue to use two pairs of boots moving forward even if it means having to replace my RS 130's sometime soon
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    I guess I'll go against the grain here. My previous boot quiver was a Lange RS 130 and Salomon Mtn Lab. I always wanted more boot than the MTN had. This year I did the one boot quiver of a Salomon Shift with an Intuition Luxury Liner and have used it 10 days on lifts and 6 short tours. I had the shells molded and 4 punches total as opposed to 10 on the Langes or 8 on the MTN and I am thrilled. The fit is great and I haven't had a want for more boot yet.
    Thanks. Eager to hear more on the Shift Pro. I've been on older Cochise 130s and am looking at trying something different.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    What's you height/weight/ski ability?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

IME my Vulcan is a stiff pin boot but it doesnt flex which is how it is stiff, as mentioned you just won't get the same feeling/flex/ anything with an AT boot compared to a real alpine boot

also you run into right boot wrong binding/ski scenario's or vise versa

it was the same with swapable boot soles

really you need 2 different boots period
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    What's you height/weight/ski ability?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    6,00, 165lbs, 24.5, former patroller, like to ski fast and jump off things. I also agree with others not the same suspension as a true inbounds boot and I've found the shift to be leaps on bounds better than the MTN.

I have a QST 120 Pro. It’s kind of the pre-cursor to the Shift. I used it as a one boot quiver for three years and I feel it does well enough in the resort (keep in mind I’ve never skied a full alpine boot). I just got the ZGTP and I think it’s significantly worse in the resort. I’m in between getting something like a Lange XT3 or a fully alpine boot.

I’ve never felt out of place on the QST but I’ve definitely felt undergunned as my skills have increased. Especially in the PNW snow.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    another vote for Cochise.
    If OP needs 28.5 I just posted a mint pair after downsizing one shell size.
    I currently have them paired with a Zero G Pro, which I may end up downsizing too.

Used to have Freedom RS, which was a great 1-boot solution.
    I'm in the market for 28.5 Cochise. just sent a DM

I don't use pins, but the Lupo HD is a charger defined. Love mine, but also ordered wrap liners along with the stock liners.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    I don't use pins, but the Lupo HD is a charger defined. Love mine, but also ordered wrap liners along with the stock liners.
    ^ Love the Lupo HD, going to put a new wrap liner in soon. Actually, keep going back to this boot for the Resort.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    ^ Love the Lupo HD, going to put a new wrap liner in soon. Actually, keep going back to this boot for the Resort.
    Surprisingly, I actually prefer the Dalbello wraps to the OG Intuitions. Slightly "softer", and seem to be a tad warmer.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Surprisingly, I actually prefer the Dalbello wraps to the OG Intuitions. Slightly "softer", and seem to be a tad warmer.
    Big fan of the FT boot for cold days (soft/warm) & OGs for technical skiing

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Big fan of the FT boot for cold days (soft/warm) & OGs for technical skiing
    They're like a second hardshell!
    Gravity. It's the law.

From my experience any of the dual purpose boots that have a walk mode are significantly softer and roomier than a true alpine boot. My Cochise 130 feel more like a 100-110 compared to my LV mach 1, 130. If you’re an aggressive skier, you’ll be giving up a noticeable amount of performance.