Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Season Eqpt. discussion thread

I pulled the trigger on the Season Eqpt. Forma skis, and hope they are a suitable replacement for the Pescado and Sakana, both of which I wanted to be 115mm at the waist. I am hoping they ski somewhat similarly, but I've been told they are chargier and heavier, which is OK by me.

Also, anyone who has ordered a set and either received them, or received a shipping notification? I have not.

Pescado had me intrigued.
    Forma with it's more versatile width and fall-line charger MO sounds even better.

Not this season though.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    I pulled the trigger on the Season Eqpt. Forma skis, and hope they are a suitable replacement for the Pescado and Sakana, both of which I wanted to be 115mm at the waist. I am hoping they ski somewhat similarly, but I've been told they are chargier and heavier, which is OK by me.

Also, anyone who has ordered a set and either received them, or received a shipping notification? I have not.
    They are not what I expected after the Pescado and Sakana, but for me they're better . . .

Not sure about the exact timetable of the Formas (got mine through non-commercial channels), but I've pre-ordered skis from evo before and they simply showed up a few days before they said they would - website says they are shipping January 5. Assume they are going on a best estimate of delivery time from Season.

Season air lifted a few skis out of Europe for initial product launch those (skis) have pretty much all been sold at this point. The rest are coming via boat and apparently there is a lot of 2020 related slowdowns in trans Atlantic shipping.

Forma was great today at Stevens - 5-6 inches fresh over icy bumps when we arrived, over 12" by the time I figured I'd best get out of the lot before I high-centered the Alltrack. Enough mass and stiffness to handle the hard rollers early, plenty of edge hold for dropping into Tye Bowl (sheet of ice), excellent float when it got deeper . . .

Apparently they are finally stateside, so I should see mine soon. If I ordered through the brand website do they still ship out from EVO?

Apparently they are finally stateside, so I should see mine soon. If I ordered through the brand website do they still ship out from EVO?
    I think so, look for them next week.

Finally got a shipping notification!

Anyone been on the nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Blister has. Luke says it’s like the SFB just a bit more substantial

Yeah saw that thanks!

It looks kinda interesting- I was bummed by the lengths but it looks like the EE is the same as a 186 Jeff/kartel 108 which never felt too short to me when I was on them.

Camber shot of Forma Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4348.JPG 
Views:	213 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	357589

My Pescado’s died this weekend from a bad shark hit... still low tide. I’ll be interested in feedback on these.

Whoa. Look pretty serious.
    Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    My Pescado’s died this weekend from a bad shark hit... still low tide. I’ll be interested in feedback on these.
    What do you mean died?

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Whoa. Look pretty serious.
    Nice
    Looks pretty similar to pescado camber IMO.

Interested to hear more about the differences.

Big edge compression with some significant sidewall cracks. If feels a little 3D on the topsheet of the ski where the edge compression is.

I just think it’s beyond repair sadly.

What do you mean died?

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    I have a couple days on the 183 Nexus, and like it a lot. Light underfoot and precise, with much better edgehold than the SFB. I was looking for something nimble and precise, but with more tail rocker than, say, a Ripstick 106 or QST 106, and this fits the bill. The mount point looks super far forward on your feet, but "infinity" mark is in the middle and the ski works well there (big tail rocker).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nexus_1.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	373.2 KB 
ID:	360835

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nexus_2.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	470.3 KB 
ID:	360836

Still haven’t ridden the Forma due to lack of snow. I might have enough to ride them this weekend

I wanted a damper and heavier Pescado that could ski variable snow at higher speeds but would still lend itself to a more creative and playful look at the mountain as a whole, that's the Forma in a nutshell, for me.

They are excellent in steeps, trees, and varied transitional terrain, playful, yet damp enough to charge through chop at moderate speeds.
    -mounted on the infinity line

Last edited by DeathVan; 11-07-2022 at 09:50 AM.

DeathVan, thanks a bunch! Super stoked to mount mine and try them out.

Out of the plastic, the skis are really beautiful, well made and absolutely gorgeous to touch. Never been this excited about a pair of skis.

Probably will mount at infinity with Shifts just in case.

Now also thinking about getting my wife Nexus, but she's kinda between sizes (172 would be ideal, 167 a touch short)

Blister said the forma felt as though the ski pivots from the shovel, as in just before the binding toe, and not underfoot. Can anyone try to elaborate further on what that feels like compared to the typical? Cause the idea of a heavier ski that can swing around real quick while keeping pressure on the shovels and not needing to back off and lift them off the snow sounds very inviting for the thighs. The rest of season's line is just too progressive on their mounts to interest me, too much tail that does nothing for my style type; I adore my WC118's in spite of the tail because the tails don't catch on shit and there's still plenty of ski in front at that length.

Forma just needs to be at least 3-5cm longer.
    Last edited by SnakeMagnet; 01-30-2022 at 11:49 PM.

So super late to this conversation but these just came in last week. Can't wait to get these mounted up this week and on snow. Absolutely love the simplicity of them. Nexus 108 - 189s for the record. Going -1 from

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMagnet View Post
    Blister said the forma felt as though the ski pivots from the shovel, as in just before the binding toe, and not underfoot. Can anyone try to elaborate further on what that feels like compared to the typical? Cause the idea of a heavier ski that can swing around real quick while keeping pressure on the shovels and not needing to back off and lift them off the snow sounds very inviting for the thighs. The rest of season's line is just too progressive on their mounts to interest me, too much tail that does nothing for my style type; I adore my WC118's in spite of the tail because the tails don't catch on shit and there's still plenty of ski in front at that length.

Forma just needs to be at least 3-5cm longer.
    I don't think the Forma pivots at all.

Mounted at "infinity" 183's (me 5'8" 175) they make a smooth predictable turn when up to speed, but that speed is pretty high. At lower speeds you need to unweight a bit to get them into the fall line i.e. "hop" - this in contrast to my regular soft snow ski (188 Rustler 11) which seems to pivot under the toepiece when needed.