Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Season Eqpt. discussion thread

Sold my BC 120's with Shifts. Looking for a 115-120mm bc ski for use with Duke PTs or Tectons to complement my Ripstick Tour 104/ATK set up. I’m shiftless now (strength and durability…just like Duke PTs better.

At 1,800 gm per ski (same as BC 120) the new Season Pass is an sidecountry option.
    Rec is -4cm. Anyone else think of the 2013 Line Opus when they look at the 2023 Season Pass? I loved those Opuses!

185cm Eqpt Season Pass (2023)
    148-116-144
    tr 17.5m

185cm Line Opus (2013)
    144-118-141
    tr 17.2m

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	79316A59-0E9A-4712-99E9-9CAE3FFBEBFC.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	571.8 KB 
ID:	441483

Name:	2932092F-4FB1-4916-8971-EA3F2D8C4462.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	507.6 KB 
ID:	441484

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by kc_7777; 02-08-2023 at 09:06 AM.

Ordered some 185cm Season Pass skis to replace my Chetlers/Shifts that I sold. Putting Tectons or Duke PTs on the Pass.

Also decided to get some 183cm Formas too….I’m selling my Renegades and cause Season had a 1/2 price deal for the 2nd pair if you bought two. The Forma will be my directional pow ski. I think they’d be great in low aspect pow days, eg over in flattish terrain in Boundary Bowl. Plus gotta have a swallowtail in the quiver.

KC
    Last edited by kc_7777; 02-27-2023 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    Is anyone moving the mount point on the Forma?
    I like the gold bindings on mine.

Attachment 433227
    Wondering if anyone has skied the 183cm Forma at +1cm?

I’ll go at the ∞ mark or +1cm.

Joe - where did u mount yours? I’m going Pivot 15s as well.

Remounted my Forma +1. Skied only a handful of days on the line, had a feeling that +1 might be better

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Wondering if anyone has skied the 183cm Forma at +1cm?

I’ll go at the ∞ mark or +1cm.

Joe - where did u mount yours? I’m going Pivot 15s as well.

I skied them at recommended and didn’t feel like I wanted to move them.

Quote Originally Posted by Qilimanjaro View Post
    Remounted my Forma +1. Skied only a handful of days on the line, had a feeling that +1 might be better
    I had the same impression off a single run

I’m leaning to +1cm on mine. Short bsl.

Last edited by kc_7777; 02-08-2023 at 09:09 AM.

I got mine (forma) on line. I thought they were pretty easy to manage, especially with all the talk about how they are big for their size. I don't think they would be problematic at +1 though.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Just a couple of comments about dealing with Season as a company.... they’re good.

Was talking to Josh at Season last week about buying a 185cm Pass ski, but went online and they were sold out.

I had wanted to get a 185cm Season Pass and a 183cm Season Forma under their buy one, get one 50% off deal.

Josh emailed me later that day and said he saw there was one blem 185cm Pass for $700 ($100 off), and that he had looked at it and couldn't tell it was a blem. He said he would add the 50% code to that blem Pass for me. So I bought the Pass Blem and a new Forma. What was cool that was when the two skis went into the cart....they took 50% (eg $450) off the higher priced non-blem one (the $900 Forma). Classy.

The order didn't ship for a few days, so I emailed them and they responded that they had unfortuneately sold the 185cm blem Pass....but Josh had gone and sourced a brand new pair of the 185cm Pass skis from Evo and yesterday shipped me a brand new pair at the blem price. That’s good customer service.

KC
    Last edited by kc_7777; 02-08-2023 at 09:11 AM.

Just spent three low-tide days skiing Whistler. It was a 3-day shootout between my 179cm Nordica Enforcer 88s (122/88/111) and my 180cm Eqpt Season Aeros (125/96/121). Conditions were bluebird with hard, but grippable snow.

I ended up spending 2 of the 3 days on the Aero (winner).

The E88s are great skis that rip. They’re solid and still release if you don’t want to carve a turn. The Aeros rip too but seem more fun. With my new Head Kore 130 boots I am at -3.2 cm (-0.3cm from ∞ mark). I’m at -7 cm or so on the E88.

Aeros more funner and yet you don’t give up much in grip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0663.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	445104  
    Last edited by kc_7777; 02-08-2023 at 09:14 AM.

I recently sold some Shifts and BC 120’s….listed them for sale locally and got a crazy good price. I had an extra pair of Duke PTs and I’ve decided like Duke PTs better than Shifts.

The Season buy-one-get-one 50% off deal….resulted in this:

185cm Season Pass + Duke PT16 (at rec, -4cm)….these are like a lightish Line Opus reincarnation. And much prefer Duke PTs to Shifts (stronger, more durable).

183cm Season Forma + Pivot 15 (+1cm, -6.7cm)…swallowtails are simply cool, and I don’t have a more set back ski to surf pow. This is a quiver ski.

Name:	IMG_0762.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	159.8 KB 
ID:	446655

Name:	IMG_0763.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	446656

Name:	IMG_0764.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	446657

Last edited by kc_7777; 04-05-2023 at 08:09 PM.

Season Kin

Anybody skiing the Kin? I love these things. I picked up the 181 Kin this year to ski with my kids and make low tide days more fun. I mounted them at -2 from the infinity line. Hip dragging carves are easy to initiate at low speeds and slope angles. They've got a soft smooth flex that ramps nicely when pressing hard into the turn. They practically toss you into the air in transitions. Despite the aggressive turn radius they've been easy to break loose and smear around. I've been skiing them way more than I thought I would.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Sold my Renegades cause I have flat rocker Faction CT 5’s I ski a lot so the Rens were lonely. Plus just got new a Hojis.

Had Shifts on some like-new BC 120’s and listed them locally and got a crazy price.

Really love my Season Aeros. The Season buy-one-get-one 50% off deal….resulted in this:

185cm Season Pass + Duke PT16 (at rec, -4cm)….hoping these are like a lightish Line Opus reincarnation. And much prefer Duke PTs to Shifts.

183cm Season Forma + Pivot 15 (+1cm, -6.7cm)…swallowtails are cool, and I don’t have a more set back ski to surf pow. Quiver ski. May CAST in future but they’re pretty heavy.

We’re headed to Red Mountain, Whitewater and Fernie shortly for the annual Powder Highway trip. Bringing these two fo’ sho!

Name:	IMG_0762.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	159.8 KB 
ID:	446655

Name:	IMG_0763.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	446656

Name:	IMG_0764.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	446657

Nice.
    Formas have been drawing my eye for awhile.
    More camber than the Seasons Pass?

Harlauts look great

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Nice.
    Formas have been drawing my eye for awhile.
    More camber than the Seasons Pass?

Harlauts look great
    Yes the Formas have more camber than the Pass. Though in the 3rd pic the Harlaut brakes on the Forma may have been stuck…making the Forma camber look more than it is.

Harlaut Pivot 15 white/black/red colors went great with the Season stuff. Couldn’t resist.

Re camber….my Season Aeros have decent camber, that first right to each end, yet they are still easy to throw sideways at high speeds, so I’m interested to try the Formas.

PS I went +1 on the Forma cause of my short bsl.

Also pretty excited about the Pass with Dukes. It replaced a BC 120 + Shift set up that I use for sidecountry pow laps. I’ve previously owned and really liked the Line Opus and hope the Pass feels similar.

Will report back here when I’ve skied them.

KC

Last edited by kc_7777; 04-05-2023 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twoAdog View Post
    Anybody skiing the Kin? I love these things. I picked up the 181 Kin this year to ski with my kids and make low tide days more fun. I mounted them at -2 from the infinity line. Hip dragging carves are easy to initiate at low speeds and slope angles. They've got a soft smooth flex that ramps nicely when pressing hard into the turn. They practically toss you into the air in transitions. Despite the aggressive turn radius they've been easy to break loose and smear around. I've been skiing them way more than I thought I would.
    This is what I've been wanting to hear. I've been looking at these, line blade optics and black Crows Mirus Cor as some low tide fun days with the kids. I like the idea behind season. The only thing making me hesitant to pull the trigger is some reviews on the kin maybe not being as durable and well built as some of the other skis in seasons lineup (I say that also realizing that one of my current favorite skis is the reckoner 112 which gets some pretty mixed durability reviews as well).

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Mine seem pretty well put together. I've only got 12 days in on the Kin but they've bounced off a couple rocks and rattled around in the back of my truck. Still looking good but time will tell. I got the Gen2 production run with the more durable top sheet. Savings to be had if you go with the Gen1's.

I think the Kin uses the same base material, sidewalls, and edges as the other models. They lack titanal and the metal tail. That may explain the cost difference.

Been skiing my Hojis/Ravens exclusively on the Pow Hwy. We got back to Whistler and there was 28cm new, light snow overnight (= such stupid line-ups though.....f u Vail). I figured it was time that I took out my new 185cm Season Pass skis, which are mounted with Duke PT 16s.

Awesome float with their big tips and tails. We did three Spanky’s laps in super soft and pretty deep packed pow. The Pass floats very well in soft snow, and mounted at rec (-4cm), skiing centered, there is zero tip dive. I think they ski like a Line ski (eg reminiscent of my 185cm 2013 Line Opus?). Which is what I wanted. Easy to pivot and smear but still able to hold a decent edge when you want them to. I did find my Pass tails grabbing each other a bit in Fraggle bumps a couple of times, maybe that’s the 185cm length and -4cm mount and the wide tail? At 144mm these are pretty wide tails. I’m used to 181cm Nomad 115s or 183cm Faction Candides (which measure 182) or BC 120s in these kind of conditions, which have slightly narrower tails.

Anyways, very happy with the Pass skis + Duke PTs combo as a Bentchetler 120 + Shift replacement. The Pass is light (1,800 gm), but did not feel too light when skiing. Kind of like the Chetler. It's really easy to ski and fun like the BC 120, though not quite as pivoty/slashy. Cool looking too in all black. I felt like I’d been on them for years. The Pass is good enough that I could see selling my Candide 5.0s.

Conclusion: the PASS will be a great deep inbounds soft pow ski and/or sidecountry pow ski.

PS We waited in line for Glacier Express to crack. Here’s the couple of my first pow turns on the Season Pass yesterday:

Name:	IMG_1244.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	856.8 KB 
ID:	449428

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1263.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	316.8 KB 
ID:	449538

Last edited by kc_7777; 04-05-2023 at 08:12 PM.

Just a quick update on the 180cm Aero.

Mine are mounted at approx. -3.2cm (rec is -2.9cm) with STH.

Spent the day lapping Peak and Harmony. Lots of frontside of Peak with big bumps. Some ice, some chalk and soft snow. A few laps of Doom and Gloom and once down VD Chutes. Even did a couple of the Horseshoes on Harmony with some pretty steep drop-ins.

The Aero handled everything. They’re great going from groomers to steeps and up to approx. 4-5” of packed pow. Perfect Whistler lower tide ski you can still ski anywhere.

What’s surprising is I find the Aero’s tails easy to release during a turn. Their combination of a decent amount of camber, plus a kinda stiff underfoot flex, and the centered mount point just work. I find them very easy to ski fast in all snow conditions and all terrain.

The Aero is good enough that I sold my barely used 179cm Enforcer 88s. I prefer the Aero over the E88.

These are way better for how/where I ski.

Name:	IMG_1642.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	245.1 KB 
ID:	453347

Last edited by kc_7777; 04-05-2023 at 07:51 PM.