Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    i feel like we need to commend this man for being the sanest but also the most insane bomber in history. +vibes for the preservation of human life. that is commendable. his motive, as i understand it at this point, as well as his method of attack and some of the details surrounding it: fucking batshit crazy.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    So is the concern about some direct physiological consequence of the 5G transmission infrastructure? Or is it more like a concern about the increase in command-and-control IT resources that 5G service may enable?
    Likely the former.
    I really don't think the 5G conspiracy crowd is smart enough to be worried about the latter reason, which you are right as being the thing that we should worry about.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I only know one person who even mentions 5G. And he is really drunk on the Lefty coolaid
    As another data point, the one person I know who is concerned about 5G could certainly be considered a right wing nut job. She also talks about chem trails, etc.

The only “why?” I want answered:

I suspect it answers all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    As another data point, the one person I know who is concerned about 5G could certainly be considered a right wing nut job. She also talks about chem trails, etc.
    As lego skier pointed out.

I could go on for days about electronics and privacy. But it falls on deaf ears. Or they know exactly what I'm talking about but just want to not draw attention to themselves.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    The only “why?” I want answered:

I suspect it answers all the questions.
    You mean other than the fact that he went downtown to blow himself up?

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Now this one is a little odd. They arrested the driver of this box truck and have placed him under a $500K bond. He was playing music “similar” to the RV that exploded???

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I want to see a Venn diagram of the anti-mask, COVID-denying conspiracy theorists, and the conspiracy theorists who are convinced 5G is killing people.
    Imagine one circle...

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Now this one is a little odd. They arrested the driver of this box truck and have placed him under a $500K bond. He was playing music “similar” to the RV that exploded???
    Homeboy is going to get a nice settlement from the taxpayers for that bullshit.
    Live Free or Die

If you slide down into the rightwing twitter pit of nutjobs you'll find the typical 5G/Bill Gates loons and just about the same number who are calling it a government (deep state) missile strike (the van was a false flag) used to eliminate the super secret findings of a super secret audit of the voting machines that would show the orange shitstain winning 50 states.

It's hilarious.

I'll put this here. A little over the top fear mongering propaganda at the beginning, but the last episode was startling...

https://video.vice.com/en_us/show/wh...rest-of-us-die

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I want to see a Venn diagram of the anti-mask, COVID-denying conspiracy theorists, and the conspiracy theorists who are convinced 5G is killing people.
    It's a single circle.

Bored-to-death side of me says “OMG PLAY PETULA CLARK ON THE BUS PA!!!! LOLOL!!!”

Defeated old middle aged side says “SHHHHHHH........settle down there...easssy big fella....”

Who will win??? Details at 11!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Homeboy is going to get a nice settlement from the taxpayers for that bullshit.
    No he’s not. He’ll be lucky to just get a slap on the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    No he’s not. He’ll be lucky to just get a slap on the wrist.
    For playing 'similar' music over a loudspeaker?

Details are sparse from what I can tell, but if that is all it is, this guy is getting paid.
    Live Free or Die

Details are sparse from what I can tell, but if that is all it is, this guy is getting paid.
    Just because someone was arrested and shouldn't have been, that doesn't mean they "get paid". I have not given any attention to this and what happened, but what is the basis for you thinking he is going to get a large settlement?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Articles are unclear - if he was broadcasting “evacuate the area” he’s fucked. If he was broadcasting “Downtown” song he’ll get off with a slap of the wrist for being an idiot.

This wet dream some people have about how suing someone is an automatic lottery win is hilarious but also just sad (see the current president and his rabid followers for examples)

If this truck was reported and the cops did nothing and it then exploded the same sub70 IQ idiots would be saying “sue for damages!! Incompetence! Why didn’t anyone do anything?!”

I know all you polyasshats like to follow me around and talk down to me, but this guy broke no laws with the facts presented, was counties away from the crime, and was playing fucking music (just similar - not even downtown), and is now being broadcast nationally as some sort of accessory to a bombing, and has a 500k bond requirement, on Christmas. I hate to break it to you, but all of those things are prime examples of the stuff you hate in the 'police behaving badly' thread, and while not to the level of say cop murders black guy and the family getting paid, any competent lawyer is going to get some money for him. This isn't local cop hassles skateboarder territory.

Again, assuming the story stands that he is playing music from a loudspeaker. As of now, its not going that far out on a limb that that is true considering they have released zero updates in 24 hours post fuckup. I would agree if he is projecting evacuate that would be equivalent to yelling fire in a movie theater, but that is pretty fucking easy to confirm and no one has. Just because someone reports something suspicious doesn't mean your rights go out the window.
    Live Free or Die

maybe he is a skateboarder.

I know all you polyasshats like to follow me around and talk down to me, but this guy broke no laws with the facts presented, was counties away from the crime, and was playing fucking music (just similar - not even downtown), and is now being broadcast nationally as some sort of accessory to a bombing, and has a 500k bond requirement, on Christmas. I hate to break it to you, but all of those things are prime examples of the stuff you hate in the 'police behaving badly' thread, and while not to the level of say cop murders black guy and the family getting paid, any competent lawyer is going to get some money for him. This isn't local cop hassles skateboarder territory.

Again, assuming the story stands that he is playing music from a loudspeaker. I'm going out on a limb that that is true considering they have released zero updates in 24 hours post fuckup. I would agree if he is projecting evacuate that would be equivalent to yelling fire in a movie theater, but that is pretty fucking easy to confirm and no one has.
    Don’t flatter yourself -no one is following you around. This is just another fantasy of yours?

No articles I read accused him of being an accessory to the bombing. Not saying that never was said but the story as it’s being reported currently doesn’t back that up. Every article I read yesterday on CNN or Fox says the bomber acted alone. You appear to be exaggerating this and many other points to defend your post about this guy getting paid.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    maybe he is a skateboarder.
    Fucking punks!
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Just because someone was arrested and shouldn't have been, that doesn't mean they "get paid". I have not given any attention to this and what happened, but what is the basis for you thinking he is going to get a large settlement?

Again, assuming the story stands that he is playing music from a loudspeaker. As of now, its not going that far out on a limb that that is true considering they have released zero updates in 24 hours post fuckup. I would agree if he is projecting evacuate that would be equivalent to yelling fire in a movie theater, but that is pretty fucking easy to confirm and no one has. Just because someone reports something suspicious doesn't mean your rights go out the window.
    As only 2 people seem to have responded to you, me being one, I assume you're including me as "all you polyasshats" that are following you around and talking down to you. Which is kind a weird because I don't post in poliass much (6 total posts in the last 30 days, about one post every 2-3 days in the last year) and sure AF don't follow you around, I just happened to be reading a thread that you posted in. And asked for you to provide the basis for what you asserted. Am I missing something here?

As I stated before, I have not followed this particular incident which is why I asked you for the basis that he's going to get paid. I still don't know what happened, and what rights of his were violated, and how that will lead to him getting a large settlement. All I "know" is that he was arrested and you say it was a wrongful arrest.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    So is the concern about some direct physiological consequence of the 5G transmission infrastructure? Or is it more like a concern about the increase in command-and-control IT resources that 5G service may enable? Or is that a false dichotomy?

I understand some degree of uneasiness about stuff like “smart dust” and total complete societal electronic surveillance. I cannot envision a scenario where that kind of power isn’t eventually deployed in abusive ways, perhaps ways we haven’t yet imagined.

I understand that unabomber concept...that most of the big tech has been abused in disastrous ways...nuclear, aviation, satellites, internet, wireless...etc. If you think about it enough, it’s really hard to feel comfortable with any big rollout of more mobile tech, insomuch as it’s so easy to imagine the abuse potential.
    I'm really concerned about new tech too. I still remember the good old days when we discovered rocks can crack open acorns. We should dump all this modern tech that's clearly used for evil, and go back to simple rocks and a blessed, gentle, and noble hunter gatherer lifestyle. What?! Rocks also bash skulls? All my tribe-mates track my movements / know what I'm doing most of the time? I don't want to live in that hunter gatherer dystopia any more.

Humans. Always complaining. Don't know how good they got it. I'm gonna step out of my air-conditioned palace, hop in my self-directed, oh-so-comfy auto-chariot (also air-conditioned), and find a nice outdoor place to walk. Nashville bombing is just another flat tire of life.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Articles are unclear - if he was broadcasting “evacuate the area” he’s fucked. If he was broadcasting “Downtown” song he’ll get off with a slap of the wrist for being an idiot.

This wet dream some people have about how suing someone is an automatic lottery win is hilarious but also just sad (see the current president and his rabid followers for examples)

If this truck was reported and the cops did nothing and it then exploded the same sub70 IQ idiots would be saying “sue for damages!! Incompetence! Why didn’t anyone do anything?!”
    either of those things (the message or song) right after the bombing seems to fit into the "a punch in the mouth is well deserved and would solve some things" that i saw described in another thread. and lamented that didn't happen too much these days. guy sounds felony stupid, and if you need attention, well, you got it, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity's Gone View Post
    either of those things (the message or song) right after the bombing seems to fit into the "a punch in the mouth is well deserved and would solve some things" that i saw described in another thread. and lamented that didn't happen too much these days. guy sounds felony stupid, and if you need attention, well, you got it, bud.
    The German word, I believe, is "backpfeifengesicht," which roughly translates to "a face that deserves a punching." A very common usage would be in the NCAA basketball thread, i.e. for most duke players. Grayson Allen or Wojo being prime examples.