AFTER YOU SELL - READ THIS

When your gear has sold, please consider not deleting your thread or editing out the price/pictures. You could just edit your post with a big old "SOLD" at the top.

Leaving the thread, price, and pics in places helps out future buyers and sellers, to see what has been sold, in what condition, and at what price.
    Last edited by Danno; 12-24-2020 at 07:53 PM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Do we need all these stickies at the top? I think the "keep kids skiing", the "Before you sell", and "Props to" threads seem frequently used and/or important. Not sure if the "half a pair" and "beat the scammers" are needed, but maybe they are. This one may not be needed either, but it seemed worth trying, at least for a bit.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I agree. I think it’s a great reference. Before selling any gear with a higher price tag, I always try and search to see what the going rate is, or was in the recent past. Good point

Sticky it. As you noted you can always nuke it.

Do many people regularly read something other than "New Posts"?

For my experience stickies are completly irrelevant, as they don't show up the way I browse teh TGRs

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Do many people regularly read something other than "New Posts"?

For my experience stickies are completly irrelevant, as they don't show up the way I browse teh TGRs
    Fair point, but a sticky gives people an opportunity to snark at other people when they overlook it. Like the “New Roolz” thread.

When you create a thread, you have to be in the right forum, so the stickie will be there

It doesn't show in mobile unless there's new posts, but anyone on a pc/laptop should see it.

Here's some reasons to delete the price:

It prevents price referencing - a seller moving gear along at a generous asking price won't lead to a seller who needs the money getting lowballed later on.

Protects privacy buyer's/seller's reputation - similar to the prior: it can prevent predatory negotiating down the line. Or prevent disrespectful comments about the selling price that could complicate/sour a deal after it's made.

Prevents bidding wars - less likely someone else comes along offering more money/higher trade value after a deal is made. And prevents other sellers with the same gear from trying to swoop a buyer.

Meh. Too many rules.

Back in the day, community was smaller and that was a good practice.
    And you couldn’t edit thread titles.

Now noobs keep bumping stale sale threads asking if shits for sale when the first post was edited to say sold but also keep the price.

I do like the price history, but it’s not worth enforcing.

The upside of deleting prices is great deals don’t give me sads.

Either way, carry on.

One thing I do enjoy is watching a noob or ten post jong call dibs and get ignored in favor of someone that contributes more and posted dibs hours or a day later.
    Dibs isn’t the law it used to be.
    It’s more like “dibs me dat”
    . . .

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i am
    Dibs
    and i approve of yur message
    and would hope the gates of stoke git guarded again someday
    instead of another worthless stickey thread
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno