CO Beta Question: Heart of the Rockies Ski Demo

Heading to Buena Vista for the holidays and decided last minute to maybe ski Copper and Monarch. Brought the boots, etc. but need skis. Local (Salida)hops aren't letting demos out yet... Any thoughts on how to get a pair of 190cm, 95-105mm skis for a day or two? BSL is 325 and will be landing in DEN in 2 hrs...

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Rent in Denver and get the insurance?

Or at the resorts.

Check Alpine ski and sport in Leadville. You would go through Leadville on your way to Copper. About 30 minutes north of BV

Quote Originally Posted by cspringsposer View Post
    Check Alpine ski and sport in Leadville. You would go through Leadville on your way to Copper. About 30 minutes north of BV
    You drive a lot fucking faster than I do.

OP: I'd check in with Larson's Ski and Sport. Right off I-70 in Lakewood.

I've used these folks before for visitors for I70 pickup/drop-off. https://maisondeski.com/rentals/

As suggested Larson’s would be my first choice, you can also check to see if The Trailhead in BV has anything.

Cspringsposer you must be one of those assholes that makes driving around here so dangerous, slow the fuck down or stay in the springs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

google shows 39 minutes BV to Leadville, I think using "about 30 minutes" is allowable as a general statement on the internet even if you drive the speed limit.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It's 34 miles. It takes a half hour. Just remember to slow down approaching either town as it drops quick.

might pick up a pair at CKS on main st they take in consignments in bv . also we rent from these guys
    https://www.mountainsportshaus.com/

If you need touring gear, Salida Mountain Sports is letting our gear out.
    Sawatch is French for scratchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    google shows 39 minutes BV to Leadville, I think using "about 30 minutes" is allowable as a general statement on the internet even if you drive the speed limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    It's 34 miles. It takes a half hour. Just remember to slow down approaching either town as it drops quick.
    Denver to Durango in 5 hours?

So none of these guys are letting their demos out yet... Anyone have a set of something fun I could ski? If I break'em I bought'em... Even leave a full price cash deposit if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    So none of these guys are letting their demos out yet... Anyone have a set of something fun I could ski? If I break'em I bought'em... Even leave a full price cash deposit if necessary.

I've got a pair of 190 Bibbys with Kingpins you could use. Mounted for 334 so should adjust to 325 easily. Bit wider than what you were looking for but I've got skins for em. Based in Southern Denver.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Thanks for playing y'all found a friend of a friend in BV with some enforcers...