How did you stay mentally healthy in 2020 (or not)

Here we are at the end of 2020. Very stressful year for us all. I feel like mental health was critical this year. I would love to know how everyone found ways to stay stable. Also if you didn't let us know what's up. Maybe talking about will help.

My quick rundown. I stayed healthy by moving my family to our rural mountain cabin. It is remote but not so remote that we can't get to a grocery store within an hour. We get deliveries also so no problem getting supplies. We would visit the big city once a month or so for Costco runs and the dispensary. My relationship with my wife improved greatly as we talked regularly and my tendency to hide my issues was removed. She liked having me around to vent. Sometimes I would disappear for the day to get work done as I like it quiet. I also had various projects to wrench on to keep me occupied. Im glad I didn't have house projects as I feel like that disrupts the work from home program.

I had to set my own ground rules with drinking alcohol. Limit myself to a beer or two a day. I focused on keeping my weight stable and beer really fucks that up. My weed intake increased dramatically but I found sativa strains that bumped up my energy. Daily but not at night. Again, a little bit of discipline goes a long way.

Depression kicked in a few times but reaching out to friends via text seemed to help. The occasional face to face was enjoyable. We also did a few road trips and went camping with friends. Those days were the best and I'm so thankful to live in Colorado.

I'm thankful to have my head on straight after a crazy year. Quiting social media was nice but I still go online to forums. Trump getting voted out was a relief but lots of work to do to get people out of this cycle of conspiracy theories and polarization.

So yeah let it go and let us know how you mentality got to here in 2020.

Bicycles.
    And some 2.5 edibles.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Ever been to Utah? Ra-di-a-tion. Yes, indeed. You hear the most outrageous lies about it. Half-baked goggle-box do-gooders telling everybody it's bad for you. Pernicious nonsense! Everybody could stand a hundred chest X-rays a year. They ought to have them, too. When they canceled the project it almost did me in. One day my mind was full to bursting. The next day - nothing. Swept away. But I'll show them. I had a lobotomy in the end.

Lobotomy? Isn't that for loonies?

Not at all. Friend of mine had one. Designer of the neutron bomb. You ever hear of the neutron bomb? Destroys people - leaves buildings standing. Fits in a suitcase. It's so small, no one knows it's there until - BLAMMO! Eyes melt, skin explodes, everybody dead. So immoral, working on the thing can drive you mad. That's what happened to this friend of mine. So he had a lobotomy. Now he's well again.