Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    i think you get the value by riding them if thats what you mean

one time i was in the shop chillin, somebody gets off a phone and sez to the collective " Bobs bike is creaking, Bob is coming in ! "

Its fucking terrible weather Bob has been riding his 20K+ Dogma (same bike different guy with way more money) in shit november snow n rain so the bike is full of sand from the plow trucks, Bob brings it in and leaves, its 5 pm on a saturday, 2 mechanics and the manager triple team the bike, it was impressive to see these guys jump on the last hr of the week

so i ask how could Bob ride a bike like that in such shit, isnt that bike abuse ?

well Bob figures if you got it ride it, Bob spends a LOT of money here Bob is a nice guy, what does Bob do well yeah he owns a lot of things
    I know a fair amount of people like Bob, (most I know like to fix their shit, though), and they have cars, motorcycles, fly rods, bikes, skis, etc. They use their shit.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

did a trip to Moab last year with 13 enduro type high end bikes specialized/SC/ Ibis/ yeti/ a couple of E bikes/ a spawn so just yer average group of medical types some business owners with assloads of money and some with not much money, didnt count it exactly but that was well over 100 K so we never trusted the garage door openners in the rental houses ... vise grips on the garagedoor rails eh

cost per lb of really expensive bikes may be crazy high but are not that expensive compared to a lot of toys
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

One of my Bob friends has 4 or 5 Nortons, a BSA, a couple Triumphs, an Indian, a Harley soft tail for pub crawling, etc. He loves working on them. Tune it up, go for a spin. Nice way to spend a Sat.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda