Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    118

    Any Mountain Hardware reps here? Let me share my customer experience with you.

    I would love to share my customer experience with a rep from mountain hardware.

    Willing to spend a good deal of money and trying my damndest to give it to mountain hardware. Already have an outstanding order in from Dec 10.

    Anyone in for the save? I canít be the only one going through this. I wonít air this out in public but Iím at my wits end here.

    Put on an iron cup and PM me.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,023
    If this is worth making a thread for, then it's definitely worth sharing with the collective.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    118
    I want to give reps a shot first.

    let’s just say I have been on hold or chat hold for more than 4 hours today trying to get an order re-shipped. Yes Re-shipped.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    11,799
    Damn dude if it’s this painful to get their attention, maybe consider other vendors

    For a jacket you won’t go wrong with Freeride Systems. Great product at very fair price. Customer service is beyond outstanding
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the Zion Curtain
    Posts
    4,097
    I had a Mountain Hardware hardshell I wore for 10 years. Was so happy with it I bought a dryiq softshell, two seasons in the fabric started coming off the seams. I sent it in and they returned it saying normal wear and tear, with a voucher for half off a new coat.

    I couldn’t really afford a full price new coat so I used the voucher to get another one. Yeah, that fucker started delamning in the same two seasons.

    Fuck those guys.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    cordova,AK
    Posts
    3,109
    Mountain Hardware is Columbia. I know as far as warranty work it goes through the Columbia process. They were ok but have long lines.
    off your knees Louie

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    118
    I tried to get an FRS jacket for two years, no inventory available when I could pull the trigger.

    I tried, hard.

    I almost bought one two weeks ago in Dillon but something was wrong with the sleeves, they were way short for some reason.

    Anyway, I had and still wear am MH jacket I bought in 1996, great jacket. So I thought I’d try them again. The Boundary Ridge jacket got great reviews.

    I’m not looking for $ or free product (there are codes all over the web) I want to try and give reps a heads up.

    I just now got off the phone with their CCare dept and the rep helped me get this straightened out. The CS reps I have spoken directly with have been excellent. It’s the process that really sucks and needs to be fixed. Premium prices should command premium service.
    Last edited by RyansFaith; 12-21-2020 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Details

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    2,525
    What size FRS are you looking for? There's a medium mint green Antero 2+ for sale on SkiTalk (formerly PugSki, formerly Epic) for $125. If I didn't have 5 FRS jackets, I would have scooped that one up.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    6,468
    Strafe nomad on sale at evo. Love the event fabric and features


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

    So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....


    Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

    8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32

    2020/2021 (30/35)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,123
    Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Mountain Hardware is Columbia .
    No wonder i have always been underwhelmed by the Mountain HW product

    had to buy a soft shell for a last minute trip, it kacked a zipper in < 1 year
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Golden, CO
    Posts
    2,346
    Quote Originally Posted by RyansFaith View Post
    I tried to get an FRS jacket for two years, no inventory available when I could pull the trigger.

    I tried, hard.

    I almost bought one two weeks ago in Dillon but something was wrong with the sleeves, they were way short for some reason.

    Anyway, I had and still wear am MH jacket I bought in 1996, great jacket. So I thought I’d try them again. The Boundary Ridge jacket got great reviews.

    I’m not looking for $ or free product (there are codes all over the web) I want to try and give reps a heads up.

    I just now got off the phone with their CCare dept and the rep helped me get this straightened out. The CS reps I have spoken directly with have been excellent. It’s the process that really sucks and needs to be fixed. Premium prices should command premium service.
    now that's you've sorted out all of your drama, what was the actual issue?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Park City
    Posts
    4,138
    I ordered some of the down mittens for the kids in a small...they for me perfectly and Iím an XL in black diamond gloves. Seems weird


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    now that's you've sorted out all of your drama, what was the actual issue?
    1) the order never left their building
    2) two customer care reps basically told me to sit and rotate as it will eventually make it through the system.
    3) waiting for hours on chat to get things straitened out, then being told to finish up later on chat and place a new order when possible(no problem) however after waiting over an hour on chat hold I was told I had to call and place an order as all reps who could help me with that were gone. Da fug?

    4) waited on hold wit CC for an hour to promptly be hung up on as a rep answered the phone
    5) waiting 1.5 hours on the phone to finally speak with CC and have them tell me the would “Rush” ship the new order, still no shipping confirmation

    so now I’m stting here, paid for two jackets no tracking info or shipping updates on either.

    Needless to say, this will be my last MH purchase. We will see what happens with the shipping now.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    What size FRS are you looking for? There's a medium mint green Antero 2+ for sale on SkiTalk (formerly PugSki, formerly Epic) for $125. If I didn't have 5 FRS jackets, I would have scooped that one up.
    I will check it out, I’m looking for a small or med. the one I looked at was a med with super short arms, I could go with either really.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,023
    username checks out

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    3,359
    I thought MH was good...and then became Columbia. No?


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,063

    Any Mountain Hardware reps here? Let me share my customer experience with you.

    Must be Festivus already.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I thought MH was good...and then became Columbia. No?



    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    A few of their products had good reviews. I’ll see what happens with this jacket.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    11,799
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I thought MH was good...and then became Columbia. No?
    Yup about 20 years ago
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

    For a jacket you wonít go wrong with Freeride Systems. Great product at very fair price. Customer service is beyond outstanding
    This x 1,000,000. Best Jacket I have ever worn. I have one in the Neoshell fabric. breathable.. super dry, skied in pouring rain yesterday, no worries at all.

    Trew makes some nice bibs for your lower half...

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ne pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,892
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Damn dude if it’s this painful to get their attention, maybe consider other vendors

    For a jacket you won’t go wrong with Freeride Systems. Great product at very fair price. Customer service is beyond outstanding
    Win

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    give'er eh!
    Posts
    1,864
    Quote Originally Posted by RyansFaith View Post
    1) the order never left their building
    2) two customer care reps basically told me to sit and rotate as it will eventually make it through the system.
    3) waiting for hours on chat to get things straitened out, then being told to finish up later on chat and place a new order when possible(no problem) however after waiting over an hour on chat hold I was told I had to call and place an order as all reps who could help me with that were gone. Da fug?

    4) waited on hold wit CC for an hour to promptly be hung up on as a rep answered the phone
    5) waiting 1.5 hours on the phone to finally speak with CC and have them tell me the would “Rush” ship the new order, still no shipping confirmation

    so now I’m stting here, paid for two jackets no tracking info or shipping updates on either.

    Needless to say, this will be my last MH purchase. We will see what happens with the shipping now.
    Lol- shit happens, ur not special. Nobody cares- covid 19. A jkt purchase gone wrong doesnít warrant ur duck getting sucked. Move on....

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fraggle Rock, CO
    Posts
    6,581
    You should shoot rontele a private message. He's not with MH directly but he works in a related industry and does a good bit of contract work for them. So I'm sure he's got contacts that could help escalate this issue beyond the front line cs employees you've been able to interact with so far.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Mostly the Elks, mostly.
    Posts
    971
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    You should shoot rontele a private message.
    Dude's got like, infinity PM's to get through.
    north bound horse.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    9,860
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    Dude's got like, infinity PM's to get through.
    Does anyone else have this image of Rontele at a coffee shop sipping a latte and carefully crafting a thoughtful response to each message he receives like it's his life mission?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •