Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any Mountain Hardware reps here? Let me share my customer experience with you.

I would love to share my customer experience with a rep from mountain hardware.

Willing to spend a good deal of money and trying my damndest to give it to mountain hardware. Already have an outstanding order in from Dec 10.

Anyone in for the save? I can’t be the only one going through this. I won’t air this out in public but I’m at my wits end here.

Put on an iron cup and PM me.

If this is worth making a thread for, then it's definitely worth sharing with the collective.

I want to give reps a shot first.

let’s just say I have been on hold or chat hold for more than 4 hours today trying to get an order re-shipped. Yes Re-shipped.

Damn dude if it’s this painful to get their attention, maybe consider other vendors

For a jacket you won’t go wrong with Freeride Systems. Great product at very fair price. Customer service is beyond outstanding

I had a Mountain Hardware hardshell I wore for 10 years. Was so happy with it I bought a dryiq softshell, two seasons in the fabric started coming off the seams. I sent it in and they returned it saying normal wear and tear, with a voucher for half off a new coat.

I couldn’t really afford a full price new coat so I used the voucher to get another one. Yeah, that fucker started delamning in the same two seasons.

Fuck those guys.

Mountain Hardware is Columbia. I know as far as warranty work it goes through the Columbia process. They were ok but have long lines.
    off your knees Louie

I tried to get an FRS jacket for two years, no inventory available when I could pull the trigger.

I tried, hard.

I almost bought one two weeks ago in Dillon but something was wrong with the sleeves, they were way short for some reason.

Anyway, I had and still wear am MH jacket I bought in 1996, great jacket. So I thought I’d try them again. The Boundary Ridge jacket got great reviews.

I’m not looking for $ or free product (there are codes all over the web) I want to try and give reps a heads up.

I just now got off the phone with their CCare dept and the rep helped me get this straightened out. The CS reps I have spoken directly with have been excellent. It’s the process that really sucks and needs to be fixed. Premium prices should command premium service.
    Last edited by RyansFaith; 12-21-2020 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Details

What size FRS are you looking for? There's a medium mint green Antero 2+ for sale on SkiTalk (formerly PugSki, formerly Epic) for $125. If I didn't have 5 FRS jackets, I would have scooped that one up.

Strafe nomad on sale at evo. Love the event fabric and features

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Mountain Hardware is Columbia .
    No wonder i have always been underwhelmed by the Mountain HW product

had to buy a soft shell for a last minute trip, it kacked a zipper in < 1 year
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by RyansFaith View Post
    I tried to get an FRS jacket for two years, no inventory available when I could pull the trigger.

I tried, hard.

I almost bought one two weeks ago in Dillon but something was wrong with the sleeves, they were way short for some reason.

Anyway, I had and still wear am MH jacket I bought in 1996, great jacket. So I thought I’d try them again. The Boundary Ridge jacket got great reviews.

I’m not looking for $ or free product (there are codes all over the web) I want to try and give reps a heads up.

I just now got off the phone with their CCare dept and the rep helped me get this straightened out. The CS reps I have spoken directly with have been excellent. It’s the process that really sucks and needs to be fixed. Premium prices should command premium service.
    now that's you've sorted out all of your drama, what was the actual issue?

I ordered some of the down mittens for the kids in a small...they for me perfectly and I’m an XL in black diamond gloves. Seems weird

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    now that's you've sorted out all of your drama, what was the actual issue?
    1) the order never left their building
    2) two customer care reps basically told me to sit and rotate as it will eventually make it through the system.
    3) waiting for hours on chat to get things straitened out, then being told to finish up later on chat and place a new order when possible(no problem) however after waiting over an hour on chat hold I was told I had to call and place an order as all reps who could help me with that were gone. Da fug?

4) waited on hold wit CC for an hour to promptly be hung up on as a rep answered the phone
    5) waiting 1.5 hours on the phone to finally speak with CC and have them tell me the would “Rush” ship the new order, still no shipping confirmation

so now I’m stting here, paid for two jackets no tracking info or shipping updates on either.

Needless to say, this will be my last MH purchase. We will see what happens with the shipping now.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    What size FRS are you looking for? There's a medium mint green Antero 2+ for sale on SkiTalk (formerly PugSki, formerly Epic) for $125. If I didn't have 5 FRS jackets, I would have scooped that one up.
    I will check it out, I’m looking for a small or med. the one I looked at was a med with super short arms, I could go with either really.

username checks out

I thought MH was good...and then became Columbia. No?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Any Mountain Hardware reps here? Let me share my customer experience with you.

Must be Festivus already.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    A few of their products had good reviews. I’ll see what happens with this jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Yup about 20 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

For a jacket you won’t go wrong with Freeride Systems. Great product at very fair price. Customer service is beyond outstanding
    This x 1,000,000. Best Jacket I have ever worn. I have one in the Neoshell fabric. breathable.. super dry, skied in pouring rain yesterday, no worries at all.

Trew makes some nice bibs for your lower half...

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Damn dude if it’s this painful to get their attention, maybe consider other vendors

Win

Quote Originally Posted by RyansFaith View Post
    1) the order never left their building
    2) two customer care reps basically told me to sit and rotate as it will eventually make it through the system.
    3) waiting for hours on chat to get things straitened out, then being told to finish up later on chat and place a new order when possible(no problem) however after waiting over an hour on chat hold I was told I had to call and place an order as all reps who could help me with that were gone. Da fug?

4) waited on hold wit CC for an hour to promptly be hung up on as a rep answered the phone
    5) waiting 1.5 hours on the phone to finally speak with CC and have them tell me the would “Rush” ship the new order, still no shipping confirmation

so now I’m stting here, paid for two jackets no tracking info or shipping updates on either.

Needless to say, this will be my last MH purchase. We will see what happens with the shipping now.
    Lol- shit happens, ur not special. Nobody cares- covid 19. A jkt purchase gone wrong doesn’t warrant ur duck getting sucked. Move on....

You should shoot rontele a private message. He's not with MH directly but he works in a related industry and does a good bit of contract work for them. So I'm sure he's got contacts that could help escalate this issue beyond the front line cs employees you've been able to interact with so far.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    You should shoot rontele a private message.
    Dude's got like, infinity PM's to get through.
    north bound horse.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    Dude's got like, infinity PM's to get through.
    Does anyone else have this image of Rontele at a coffee shop sipping a latte and carefully crafting a thoughtful response to each message he receives like it's his life mission?