Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Longest cut jackets w/ 3L gore, event or similar

PN wet rider. Needs to be waterproof.

Been using the strafe nomad and Patagonia untracked. These are good options. Might be what I stick with. Which means I’m not in the immediate market for a jacket.

That said, I want a jacket to be like 1-2” longer. I don’t consider Saga’s 3L to actually be waterproof.

So some mix of steezy (but maybe not to a park rat level) and technical.

Norrona lofoten has a long cut, but it’s an anorak (buzz kill) rather than a jacket. It’s also $800 and a new piece so there’s no used market.

Norrona Tamok? Looks longer in photos.

TREW powfunk? Seems shorter.

What’s the longest cut arc teryx? Sabre LT?

Anyone else? Armada? Scott?

Who knows these things?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I have a trollvegen that is a large black. Super long sleeves and L euro is like a bigger US medium which works well for me. It’s super nice but I don’t need the full level that it offers in terms of waterproofing coverage. If you want Pm me and I can send pics. Not in any big hurry to sell it unless I get the right price. My biggest issue is that the sleeves are 1.5-2” longer than I need.

It’s pretty amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a Picture Organic 3L ‘’expedition’’ jacket that fit on the longer side. Can’t remember what fabric it was but it was thick, burly and waterproof. At 5’7’’ I loved everything about the jacket but the fit so I gave it to a buddy. They have a Eurosteeze look

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    PN wet rider. Needs to be waterproof.

Been using the strafe nomad and Patagonia untracked. These are good options. Might be what I stick with. Which means I’m not in the immediate market for a jacket.

That said, I want a jacket to be like 1-2” longer. I don’t consider Saga’s 3L to actually be waterproof.

So some mix of steezy (but maybe not to a park rat level) and technical.

Norrona lofoten has a long cut, but it’s an anorak (buzz kill) rather than a jacket. It’s also $800 and a new piece so there’s no used market.

Norrona Tamok? Looks longer in photos.

TREW powfunk? Seems shorter.

What’s the longest cut arc teryx? Sabre LT?

Anyone else? Armada? Scott?

Who knows these things?
    Norrøna Tamok is long, very good fit for me - tall and athletic, but somewhat slim. Great pockets, good hood, very good wrt waterproofness etc.
    On my third season now.

190cm/83kg - I use a medium, works ok with two thick layers. Large is too big with less than two layers. Arm are long.

Another alternative is Hagløfs. Especially the Vassi. Similar fit (has been a couple of years since I tried one on), good quality.

Sweet Protection tends to be slightly baggier. Unsure of length vs width. The Crusader is pretty long

the rush series from arc has a pretty long cut i hear.
    swing your fucking sword.

Sabre LT owner here. Bought last years model because it was their longest goretex ski jacket, 31.5" hem, with an exterior chest pocket. And this year's version is an inch longer with 2 exterior chest pockets. Love it, it's a little boxy on my skinny body but that leaves room to layer as needed. Long sleeves that even a gorilla would love, 2 big interior drop-in pockets 1 is zippered, and an interior media pocket with zipper. Don't notice any extra material flapping around when skiing.

6' 1" 175lbs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9E20ABC8-4475-49E1-A86B-867642EF2657_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	971.4 KB 
ID:	353934

Apologies for the terrible photo quality, it's a photo of my computer screen

I am a PNW rider and I’m all torso, so I have the same needs. Went with the Trew Capow jacket and I’ve been super happy with it. Portland local company, too.

Tried the Patagonia jackets but found them too boxy for me

I’m 6ft and all torso as well. Burton’s AK line fits me great.

https://www.backcountry.com/burton-a...BhayBqYWNrZXRz

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Norrona Tamok is going to be the best choice

I'm 6ft4/80kg/180lbs and my current hardshell is a Nomad from 3 years ago I think. Longest sleeves I've ever had, which I like. Almost bought an Untracked but found a deal on a past season's Nomad.

Previously I had a 2015 Sabre that was shorter in the body and sleeves. Always felt too short and wide.

Norrona Narvik Dri3 from about 2013 was the best fit I ever had; slightly longer in the body than the Nomad, shorter sleeves but asymmetrical cuffs so they still covered the same at the back of your gloves, and definitely slimmer all over than the Nomad. Not sure if the Narvik line is still cut like that. Edit: nope, it's gone. Lofoten line is still there, if you're into that sort of look, but doesn't look too long. Tamok Gore-Tex Pro jacket does a long cut though, as mentioned above.

BD's original Dawn Patrol jacket is a really nice slim/slightly longer cut stretch-woven softshell too by the way.

Strafe

I have used Norrona outlet and had great luck. Just have to create an account and it’s free shipping over $150 I think. My westcomb stuff is pretty long cut but also not cheap. Good luck man

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

The whole Tamok collection is gigantic. I tried on a medium Tamok jacket (I fit medium lofoten pretty perfect) and I looked like Henrik Harlaut

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    The whole Tamok collection is gigantic. I tried on a medium Tamok jacket (I fit medium lofoten pretty perfect) and I looked like Henrik Harlaut

Yeah. M Tamok is pretty similar to L Lofoten. But always longer.

I’m 6’4” and have a very long torso. The Orage Retallack is what you seek. Very nice jacket, waterproof and burly.

I guess they don’t make the Retallack anymore, it’s been replaced by the MTN-x Spire

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Norrøna Tamok is long, very good fit for me - tall and athletic, but somewhat slim. Great pockets, good hood, very good wrt waterproofness etc.
    On my third season now.

190cm/83kg - I use a medium, works ok with two thick layers. Large is too big with less than two layers. Arm are long.
    sounds like similar build to me, but ive got the large tamok, good for resort use, definitely on the freeride fit side but i didnt find exchanging worth the hassle, love the jacket its great quality and should hold up to longterm abuse

Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    Norrona Narvik Dri3 from about 2013 was the best fit I ever had; slightly longer in the body than the Nomad, shorter sleeves but asymmetrical cuffs so they still covered the same at the back of your gloves, and definitely slimmer all over than the Nomad. Not sure if the Narvik line is still cut like that. Edit: nope, it's gone. Lofoten line is still there, if you're into that sort of look, but doesn't look too long. Tamok Gore-Tex Pro jacket does a long cut though, as mentioned above.
    ive got an old narvik dri3 as my thrash until dead jacket after it served many years of fantastic use, the dri3 held up well but eventually delamed around shoulders and hood

norrona fanboy here, almost always fit me great

Where is the collective on dakine offerings?

Alpental skier here, looking for the same thing this year. I actually like anoraks, and bought the Lofoten Anorak earlier this year in the hopes that it would do this as long storm-day shell. I knew it'd be big/long, but after getting it, it was just too much... almost trench-like. It didn't bind up too much to restrict movement, but I just couldn't pull it off and wound up returning it.

I wound up trying on the regular Lofoten shell and the Tamok shell in a L (5'10", 195lbs), and I wound up getting the Tamok. It splits the difference perfectly for me - longer coverage for storm days, but doesn't look ridiculous. The sleeves on the Lofoten felt like they had huge volume/bagginess that I didn't like. The Tamok sleeves are long and aysmmetrical, but felt better. I also like the higher denier reinforcement on the shoulders.

My only knock on the Norrona jackets was that I wish the hood opening was bigger volume. It fits over my helmet fine before zipping, but the opening of the neck feels a little snugger than I'd prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Where is the collective on dakine offerings?
    I’ve had good luck with them in the past. Everything I’ve had of theirs has held up, but was pretty heavy. Good fit and style for me.

6’4” and 205 lbs and rock the Strafe Nomad jacket and bibs... And like you also own several Patty Untracked pants and jackets... Own 2 Trew Powfunk and much prefer Strafe...

I have an Armada jacket with Goretex and it is cut long.

Rush and saber are pretty similar, and the older sidewinder. The cuts vary, seem to be pretty slim. mediums don't fit over the hips, and larges are huge on my frame.

Rush also has gore pro on newer models

They're changing things up to pull in the new 80-100D most rugged like the alpha SV has too, so be careful of older stuff if pro is attractive

Why does armada change the model name of their jackets every year?

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Strafe
    Anything by Strafe....longest cut in the game. Cham for touring, Pyramid for resort/touring, Nomad for Resort.
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"