Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    There is wide agreement that the Hoji Free skis great and the Hoji Lock, which seems complicated, works well and doesn't break.

Lots of problems with maleolus conflicts, though, especially forward-located ones, and it is often very hard to modify for this as the spot is typically right on the edge of the shell. You can't cut or grind it because it will compromise the flex pattern and you can't punch it well because there is little supporting structure.
    I've started to punch the ankle with the boot completely done up with some good success. It doesn't solves every problem but stops the punch from slipping out allowing for a more substantial punch and also helps stop the edge of the shell from wrinkling due to the lack of supporting structure.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I wish Dynafit would figure out whatever the fuck it is with their fits. The Hoji lock is great but I know several folks who have or are about to throw their boots away because of the fit issue. The rest who have the boot have some persistent yet minor and nagging issues with the fit. Never met a soul who raved about the fit of any Dynafit boot.

Every other company some how manages to have at least some group they fit but the smoothbrains at Dynafit have yet to to make a boot which fits anyone well. Until they look at a human foot and start using it as a basis for how boots should fit they can fuck right off to irrelevant land next to their outdated overweight poor performing skis and bindings. Doesn’t matter how good the Hoji lock is if it doesn’t fit anyone. If it’s really that good only a matter of time until another company figures out a way around the patent and takes Dynafit a lunch money away from the only product they make worth a damn in any market segment.
    I guess I’m an outlier. After skiing my whole life in pain and learning how to punch and modify my boots out of necessity the Hoji Tour is the first comfortable BC boot I’ve worn with only minimal punching....and I’ve tried them all. Pretty stoked to tour a full day pain free wearing slippers on the up with a surprisingly beefy feel on the way down

Shitty that it doesn’t fit the mean because with a little higher cuff I think it would be the lightest/most comfortable free ride boot ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    I guess I’m an outlier. After skiing my whole life in pain and learning how to punch and modify my boots out of necessity the Hoji Tour is the first comfortable BC boot I’ve worn with only minimal punching....and I’ve tried them all. Pretty stoked to tour a full day pain free wearing slippers on the up with a surprisingly beefy feel on the way down

Shitty that it doesn’t fit the mean because with a little higher cuff I think it would be the lightest/most comfortable free ride boot ever.
    They fit me super well as well. Didn't even mold the liner at first!

After about ten days I did do a little punch on the right cunieform. I'd also take a little narrower heal in an ideal world, but great boots imo.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

since this is now the hoji boot mod thread, a massive medial malleolus punch and first/fifth met-head punches got me in the game. oh and throwing the liner in the garbage. surprised Sidas puts their name on that thing.

also hoping they can figure out how to make a foot shaped plug/liner concept.
    bumps are for poor people

TLT5P: Amazing. Vulcan: Godsend. TLT7: When did Scarpa design lasts for Dynafit? Beast: Probably works when it doesn't break but weird. Hoji/Free: FINALLY the Vulcan repla....oh fuck this is a low-roofed shoe box. Dealing with new boots SUCKS at first so a predictable fit is key. Dynafit has totally lost a shit ton of people because they're all over the goddamned map with lasts. I desperately wanted a Dynafit answer to my worn out boot problem and they didn't have anything. Say what you want about Lange, but you know goddamned well what you're getting into every time. Maybe others are the same. If Dynafit is making boots for weird feet people now, cool, but totally changing your customer base YOY based on fit is a bizarre - possibly stupid - business model.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    I've started to punch the ankle with the boot completely done up with some good success.
    I do the same, but the scaffo often wrinkles and you can't see it with the tongue over it; you have to spot heat it afterward and flatten it with gloves on manually . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    I do the same, but the scaffo often wrinkles and you can't see it with the tongue over it; you have to spot heat it afterward and flatten it with gloves on manually . . .
    For sure. Or partially cool the punch and then shift it over and punch out the wrinkle with the punch set at a fraction of the depth. A little less work.

Anyone have a line on next years Flylow Gear? Looking for a new jacket and want to see what they have next year before I pull the trigger on one.

Block ops 118 in 192 for 21/22

got lucky and got a response from parker white on instagram! he told me that a longer black ops 118 should be available next fall

Quote Originally Posted by mba35c View Post
    got lucky and got a response from parker white on instagram! he told me that a longer black ops 118 should be available next fall
    any mention of the 110-ish width version? ...in longer?

we seriously need more retro inspired gear like the k2s

Quote Originally Posted by Bite Me View Post
    I would say that's a hudge understatement. So after some years he actually paid what he owed after being outed so as not to look like a deadbeat. BFD. He's been kicked off of gapic and pugski (or whatever it's called today) multiple times for being a flat-out asshole in almost every thread. Even now, he's the self-proclaimed "Tech Talk Master" - how long before he starts believing that and cunt up every thread.

Maybe when he doesn't have a keyboard in front of him he's not such an ass, but fine - let him live at Alpinezone or PAskiandride, and spew his dolphin turn bullshit there to the crowd that believes that nonsense.

The guy is internet poison.
    Wow much hate....

So first as far as I know Bandit Man is the only person ever to send me out a pair of ski on partial payment. Yes I did not pay him the last 50 bucks and legit had no money. I had turned in my Manager of Banquets at Snowbird for sexual harassment against a young female coworker, I didnt know the HR director at the time was his fucking Wife! I lost my bar tending job, my ski instructor job and was in place where I had almost no support network. As most skibum do I was living very paycheck to paycheck and lost my ability to pay rent. I got blackballed from working anyplace in Utah, and quite frankly most places in the country. doing the one thing beside Engineering I am good which is ski teaching. I literally forgotten about this a long time ago this was spring of 2009....11 years ago. I think he had forgotten as well because I am fairly certain I have bought skis from Bandit Man since this time because he such a prolific seller.

I legit was trolling in this thread, and hell even my "Tech talk master" is a troll..I mean look at the ski its fucking Metron B5 which is funny if you know what a Metron B5 is. although being a PSIA Ed Staff member, A shop rat, someone who knows how to do boot alignment and fitting work and Mechanical Engineer means I understand the "tech" side of this sport pretty damn well. When I saw the thing about not paying Banditman, I sent him a PM apologizing to him, and said if you still want the money I can pay you and its just to make things straight with him, had nothing to do with my reputation.

As for Pugski I basically told someone to not request a certain Deer Valley instructor who is a bad instructor, by bad I mean he actively teaches upper body rotation and swing your poles across your body. . If someone is going to spend 1k+ a day to ski with someone they should at least get good info. I dont regret one bit trying to help that original poster, I would DE recommend that instructor and several others over and again. It not worth playing little games and staying in Tricia and Phil's sandbox, dozens of regular Pugski poster want me back there, maybe more who are quiet. The quality of info in the ski school section has gone downhill for sure, I would go back to pugski but I am not apologizing for trying to save someone a thousand fucking dollars and I am not going to stop being honest about certain people or certain teaching styles/tactics.

I also never post on Alpinezone/PAskiandride so if someone is there posting it is not me.......I have been active here I have actually met many of you that I liked quite a bit hell I have been here longer in some form than this hater right here.

I really think the trouble has always been that since I was called a troll on epicski for years...even though I was just posting factually correct info but doing it in a brutalist fashion a sport like skiing which is based on hard physics is not place for opinions, I was never taken serious and very few people that had not skied with me ever though I was A. Serious. B. actually knew what I was talking about. The amount of people trying to chop my legs out and bring me down though out the years is fucking staggering it wears on dude and basically just started trolling them right back to deal with it.

but honestly i thrive on all of your hate. The more negative comments the more I ll keep trying to right wrongs so if you really want me gone it will be losing battle for you.

On the recent revamp of my Youtube channel I am getting so many downvotes from all the haters. I love it. I am known enough that people feel the urge to downvote me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6WWii0dj-c&t=0s

so go head and keep hating...its basically impossible to get banned from this forum.

You're a tool. But that's ok here.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You're a tool. But that's ok here.
    Did I ski with you at Mount Snow in a PSIA Bumps clinic?

21/22 Gear Rumors

Ok, so back again to the topic. Any ideas what changes are coming for next year’s Hoji (ski, not boot)? https://www.instagram.com/p/CLnnCSll...=1vmcxz147l7q0

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Mercury is the best fitting boot I have. And I tried a lot of boots.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Mercury and Vulcan are the same shell/different flex but i don't think Mercury was anywhere near as successful as Vulcan looking at whats on peoples feet

both fit me pretty much perfect, i swapped liners when i got the new vulcans and went touring perfect right out of the box

Hoji in the shop feels like it would fit
    Last edited by XXX-er; 02-23-2021 at 03:24 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Mr Bushwacka, you've been paged to the "most boots are too stiff" thread.

Please report here.

I’ve seen some of the 4frnt guys at Alta skiing the prototype hoji. Haven’t really fondled it. But it looked more renegadish.

My guess is that the Renegade name goes away for a bit and we see a slightly wider Hoji and a heavy directional powder ski.

Just a theory from poking around on social media and the Renegade thread.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I’ve seen some of the 4frnt guys at Alta skiing the prototype hoji. Haven’t really fondled it. But it looked more renegadish.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Mercury and Vulcan are the same shell/different flex but i don't think Mercury was anywhere near as successful as Vulcan looking at whats on peoples feet

both fit me pretty much perfect, i swapped liners when i got the new vulcans and went touring perfect right out of the box

Hoji in the shop feels like it would fit
    Tgat is what made those two boots the pinnacle of boot design. Moderately stiff mercury, which I like as a lighter guy and the Vulcan for more demanding skiers. The option to pull the tongues for light and fast missions in challenging terrain. Reasonably reliable buckles, only three to worry about. Sure there's a bunch of 4 buckle super stiff, more ROM, lighter and all the marketing fluff but imho they can't touch versatility and overall performance of those two boots. Maybe the HOJI is ok, but I did not care to try it yet since they charged the last.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dub_xion View Post
    Ok, so back again to the topic. Any ideas what changes are coming for next year’s Hoji (ski, not boot)? https://www.instagram.com/p/CLnnCSll...=1vmcxz147l7q0

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I saw on one of the 4frnt threads that they are considering a flatter rocker; which, IMO would make it more in line with the Ren and Raven.

I also asked a while ago on their website chat if they were making the 195 size again next year, and was told Yes.

Boing. The new xt tour pro liner is already looking and feeling like 1000x better then the xt3.

Don’t mind me. I’m over here tucking it into my sweatpants band....

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post

Boing. The new xt tour pro liner is already looking and feeling like 1000x better then the xt3.

Don’t mind me. I’m over here tucking it into my sweatpants band....
    TASTY. Let us know when you get it on snow, I'm curious how it skis inbounds mostly. I feel like we already know it's gonna tour like an XT3 (same walk mode) except lighter cause Grilamid. The question is how much do you give up going to Grilamid from PU.

EDIT: Can you also get some weights on this thing? I know it says 1520g, but just wanna confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    TASTY. Let us know when you get it on snow, I'm curious how it skis inbounds mostly. I feel like we already know it's gonna tour like an XT3 (same walk mode) except lighter cause Grilamid. The question is how much do you give up going to Grilamid from PU.

EDIT: Can you also get some weights on this thing? I know it says 1520g, but just wanna confirm.

Shell with liner. 1597.7
    Shell 1291.5
    Liner 306.2

Skiing either tomorrow or Friday. Definitely Friday. Hopefully tomorrow too.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post

Shell with liner. 1597.7
    Shell 1291.5
    Liner 306.2

Skiing either tomorrow or Friday. Definitely Friday. Hopefully tomorrow too.
    26.5 or 27.5?