Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post

Back on topic:

Any idea why tyrolia would combine the attack 16 & 18 into the “new” 17 and not make it 9523 compatible? Guessing their team is breaking sliding afds, just surprised they still don’t have a MN/AT option over 14.
    From what beta I have, the 18 is not selling & the 16/18 is confusing to the consumer, so a 17 consolidates sales & production costs. I too would like to see a 9523 above 14, yet will keep my thoughts to myself as not to disappoint the masses 'only here for the gear stoke'

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    From what beta I have, the 18 is not selling & the 16/18 is confusing to the consumer, so a 17 consolidates sales & production costs. I too would like to see a 9523 above 14, yet will keep my thoughts to myself as not to disappoint the masses 'only here for the gear stoke'
    Correction, I’m only here to light up self-righteous ski instructors. You’re just collateral damage.

“ Never argue with an idiot, for they will usually win on experience alone”. Let’s stay on topic re new Gear for 22’

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Not all who wander are lost"

30" thighs? My buddies give me shit for my stumps so I got curious and measured after reading this thread. 24". Congratulations to you, you beast of a man.

30" thighs at 185 pounds too. I weigh 160 and have a 30" waist, FFS.

No way he can wear corduroys without starting a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Interesting thread. Must resist comment, there used to be this place called Epic Ski. They got into this stuff
    Yeah, and Epic guys moved to PugSki, but Josh got banned by them, so here we are....

30” thighs!
    Looking good Josh
    Name:  IMG_8301.JPG
Views: 1535
Size:  35.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    30” thighs!
    Looking good Josh

FIFY
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    30" thighs? My buddies give me shit for my stumps so I got curious and measured after reading this thread. 24". Congratulations to you, you beast of a man.
    Yeah, I'm 24 too, 30? Sounds pretty big.
    But then he presses 700 and so do i, so maybe some fat there? Not like i don't have any.
    And I'm turning 72 in a week.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Correction, I’m only here to light up self-righteous ski instructors. You’re just collateral damage.
    Next year the Attacks come in a Blue colorway.

I would really like to talk about the new STH 16 and the "Power Switch" technology and understand how it actually works. If the idea is that one setting gives you more direct feedback and one gives you a smoother ride, that has to be either something in the toe interface to the ski (like a sping or rubber that you can bypass) or has some sort of manipulation on the spring. Also, the toe height adjustment looks to be the exact same on the new binding which is a good thing since it keeps it away from having the same finnicky AFD on the shift.

Name:  STH MNC.PNG
Views: 1305
Size:  392.4 KB

Marker SC switch part 2. Not sure why a really good binding would try to copy a really bad one...

Maybe it’s a switch that makes the afd slide vs not slide?

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Marker SC switch part 2. Not sure why a really good binding would try to copy a really bad one...
    onenerdykid could likely explain, but I have reservations.......... too many moving parts.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Maybe it’s a switch that makes the afd slide vs not slide?
    That's my initial thought.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    I’m guessing it’s a cam that squishes down an otherwise slightly bouncy elastomer under the AFD (grey part) when engaged, giving you less squishy vibes and more direct energy transfer.

But I wouldn’t know, my boots actually flex.

I’m guessing it’s a cam that squishes down an otherwise slightly bouncy elastomer under the AFD (grey part) when engaged, giving you less squishy vibes and more direct energy transfer.
    Thats what my guess would be as well, but overall its a cool idea.

Thats some high quality shit post to just squeak in there. Bravo

Seems likely given the image. I had a pair of Markers back in the day that were billed as either "freeride" or "freestyle" bindings because they came with little rubber pads about that same thickness as the grey piece in the Solly image. Never noticed a difference in ride quality, though I wouldn't be surprised if that little bit of compression and recovery over and over again contributed to them ending their days by ripping the f out of my skis after a season or two.

All I know is that I’m still excited about the XT3 pro tour

Can't remember where I read it, but Lange and Dalbello are putting pin inserts into their resort boots...if I remember correctly. Is anyone else? Debating on if I should buy resort boots or hold off until next season.

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Can't remember where I read it, but Lange and Dalbello are putting pin inserts into their resort boots...if I remember correctly. Is anyone else? Debating on if I should buy resort boots or hold off until next season.
    Dalbello is putting them into at least the top of the line Kryptons.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    Yeah, I should of specified Kryptons. Don't remember the Lange model or maybe I dreamt the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    I wish they would bring back the pro......with solid lugs and plug like plastic over the current 120 that is a noodle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    I wish they would bring back the pro......with solid lugs and plug like plastic over the current 120 that is a noodle.
    Dolphin turn, dolphin turn, dolphin turn, ooooooohhhhhhhhh thirty inch dolphin turn!

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Yeah, I should of specified Kryptons. Don't remember the Lange model or maybe I dreamt the whole thing.
    Krypton definitely gets pin toe

I’ve seen pics of the entire RX series from Lange and none have pins, so unless it’s some obscure option to add them I think pins will only be on XT series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk