ID:	356750

New Lupo
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AC9CAD32-D5C7-4283-8155-4C7102365B50.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	284.8 KB 
ID:	356759

Jeebus. The lupo pro HD is
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

the source for the pics above is a 2min video posted on skifanatics.nh on insta, found here.I am guessing that MDV are going to be less than impressed with that video and I would not be terribly surprised if it is removed by skifanatics.nh again, even if the damage already has been done.

There are no BMTs on that wall, but I am unsure if they are discontinued or just not shown as Völkl has soooo many skis. The touring range does not seem to be in focus in that demonstration.

The new Mantra102 graphic is killer imho.

From the same MDV video - looks like there's a new boot somewhere between the Quantum and the Lupo Air. Lightweight/tongueless but with a proper ladder buckle over the instep in lieu of the Quantum's ratchet dial.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 8.47.22 AM.png
Views: 5915
Size:  507.0 KB

new voile strapXdynafit collab binding! Lightest in the game, skis better than your look pivots. The revolution is here!

Name:  PXL_20210106_144203454.jpg
Views: 3984
Size:  204.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    new voile strapXdynafit collab binding! Lightest in the game, skis better than your look pivots. The revolution is here!

Name:  PXL_20210106_144203454.jpg
Views: 3984
Size:  204.7 KB
    can't wait to see the colorways

My bet would be that the quantum factory gets the boa and the cheaper models are those to left with the regular buckles. Make a bigger price and weight difference between the factory and next steps down than what they currently have.

Of course someone with more industry knowledge is more than welcome to chime in. It is funny that those boots have power straps while the quantum and lupo air this year do not.

Quote Originally Posted by madriverfreeride View Post
    My bet would be that the quantum factory gets the boa and the cheaper models are those to left with the regular buckles. Make a bigger price and weight difference between the factory and next steps down than what they currently have.

Of course someone with more industry knowledge is more than welcome to chime in. It is funny that those boots have power straps while the quantum and lupo air this year do not.
    Could be. I was only saying between the Quantum and Lupo Air with regard to weight/downhill performance. I'm curious to see what materials they decide put in those shells and what weight/flex they ultimate achieve. The fact that they are including power straps and ladder buckles says to me they are sacrificing a few grams for added downhill performance.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    Could be. I was only saying between the Quantum and Lupo Air with regard to weight/downhill performance. I'm curious to see what materials they decide put in those shells and what weight/flex they ultimate achieve. The fact that they are including power straps and ladder buckles says to me they are sacrificing a few grams for added downhill performance.
    I agree those boots could be interesting. I’d be extra interested if they made an air with the 98mm last instead of the ax100mm, and maybe add in more standard buckles but the ratchets really aren’t that bad.

I agree those boots could be interesting. I’d be extra interested if they made an air with the 98mm last instead of the ax100mm, and maybe add in more standard buckles but the ratchets really aren’t that bad.
    Same. My Lupos are fine for the occasional backcountry day (and killer in the resort), but if I was to make a habit out of longer ascents I'd want a lighter setup. Scarpa and Atomic have been doing interesting things in the 1000ish gram range, but I'd be extra stoked for something legit from Dalbello.

Better shot of the new Dalbello Quantum. Labeled as a Quantum 130 Free. Seeing that it's part of the Quantum family but called out as a "130" I imagine they're shooting for similar performance to the Lupo Air (which by all accounts is more like a 100-flex) with some weight savings. Very curious to see how this ultimately stacks up against other low-weight, decent-downhill-performance boots like the Scarpa F1 and Atomic Backland Series.

I'm not particularly stoked to see the return of the cable-style top buckle from the Virus/Sherpa series boots. I had some Sherpa 5/5s for a little while, and ditching that buckle was the first thing I did.

Name:	988060_1600w_1600h.png 
Views:	320 
Size:	384.5 KB 
ID:	357206

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    Ski sales are forecasted to be down 50% this year in Europe (key market for the big boyz) so 21/22 will be interesting to launch new models.
    Hope you guys hang in there and stay in business - minus 50% could kill a company...

Quote Originally Posted by obi wan kenobi View Post
    Hope you guys hang in there and stay in business - minus 50% could kill a company...
    Thanks boss. Salomon down (no pun) and more pain to come next year.

https://france3-regions.francetvinfo...s-1913094.html
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Lange XT3 pro tour, full rubber sole?

Wonder how light it is

Name:	F23D485D-8140-47F5-8212-02F4B791983F.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	797.5 KB 
ID:	357224

Better shot of the new Dalbello Quantum. Labeled as a Quantum 130 Free. Seeing that it's part of the Quantum family but called out as a "130" I imagine they're shooting for similar performance to the Lupo Air (which by all accounts is more like a 100-flex) with some weight savings. Very curious to see how this ultimately stacks up against other low-weight, decent-downhill-performance boots like the Scarpa F1 and Atomic Backland Series.

I'm not particularly stoked to see the return of the cable-style top buckle from the Virus/Sherpa series boots. I had some Sherpa 5/5s for a little while, and ditching that buckle was the first thing I did.

Name:	988060_1600w_1600h.png 
Views:	320 
Size:	384.5 KB 
ID:	357206
    Not that makes me more interested, I have a hard time seeing room in the line for both of the quantum free 130 and lupo air 130. The difference in weight between them can’t be that much considering the quantum free has to weigh more than the factory. The lupo air doesn’t seem like it was that well received, I could see them pulling it and letting the lupo line serve as the crossover boots and the quantums be the full touring boots. I’ve been using airs for a few weeks now and find them acceptable, but definitely have room for improvement in a few areas, the buckles and the walk mode being two of them that look to be improved on the quantum.

Not that makes me more interested, I have a hard time seeing room in the line for both of the quantum free 130 and lupo air 130. The difference in weight between them can’t be that much considering the quantum free has to weigh more than the factory. The lupo air doesn’t seem like it was that well received, I could see them pulling it and letting the lupo line serve as the crossover boots and the quantums be the full touring boots. I’ve been using airs for a few weeks now and find them acceptable, but definitely have room for improvement in a few areas, the buckles and the walk mode being two of them that look to be improved on the quantum.
    Agreed. Gotta believe after seeing this the Lupo Air is on its way out.

Agreed. Gotta believe after seeing this the Lupo Air is on its way out.
    Probably. Maybe just rebranding it w/a few upgrades to make it lighter.

Anyone ski the Quantum yet to see how it fairs?
    For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

Just saw those quantum frees look to have a two piece upper cuff, seems to be another pivot above the ankle pivot. Kinda hoji-esq where the upper cuff moves to allow more ROM?

Just saw those quantum frees look to have a two piece upper cuff, seems to be another pivot above the ankle pivot. Kinda hoji-esq where the upper cuff moves to allow more ROM?
    I would guess so. The old Virus/Sherpa system upper cuff cable ladder buckle didn’t open nearly far enough for proper ROM unless you fully unbuckled it. The extra hinge, in theory, should allow for better movement

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Lange XT3 pro tour, full rubber sole?

Wonder how light it is

Name:	F23D485D-8140-47F5-8212-02F4B791983F.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	797.5 KB 
ID:	357224
    If it’s comparable to my xt3 now I’d definitely grab those and a RS and sell the xt3 I have. That looks like exactly what the doctor ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    they look very promising indeed.

hm, so 70gr off the big boi 191 length? That is not a lot, especially if most of it is the very tips or whatnot.

sure look pretty though
    Attachment 356394Attachment 356396
    Attachment 356395

these videos are kinda nice too - if a bit contrived. They were posted in this preview, then went on to MDV USA's Vimeo to link directly.
    Tailored titanal
    Tailored carbon fiber placement:
    3d radius explained
    From the look of these movies, I can already tell they removed too much metal for my liking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so when does new stuff get announced this year, as I'm assuming no tradeshows?
    more importantly... when does this year's stuff go on sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    so when does new stuff get announced this year, as I'm assuming no tradeshows?
    more importantly... when does this year's stuff go on sale?
    I think you’ll see it trickle out for the rest of the season. There is technically still a remote SIA/OR, and I think an ISPO too, but a lot of brands aren’t participating.

Same. My Lupos are fine for the occasional backcountry day (and killer in the resort), but if I was to make a habit out of longer ascents I'd want a lighter setup. Scarpa and Atomic have been doing interesting things in the 1000ish gram range, but I'd be extra stoked for something legit from Dalbello.
    How do the lupo air skiing? I'm more interested in the downhill performance. I ski the Technica zero g pro, and they ski well.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk