Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Its amusing that Dynastar makes pre cut skins for the M Free 108. Props to anyone touring on the 192

It's interesting that the XT3 Tour Pro weights 1520g. It's really not all that far off from the current XT3 weight, but probably skis significantly worse. I guess it's supposed to be a straight up competitor to the Hawx XTD and ZGTP.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Gross malpractice. Especially with the Maestrale, terrible boot
    FIFY
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    V-Werks Katana and Mantra are both in my 21-22 catalog . . .
    I keep wondering how long they’ll run those BMT/VWerks molds before 86’ing the series, or if they’ll do updated models. Must’ve been huge investment in those and high manufacturing costs in Germany. Brilliant skis, very happy with the ones I’ve skied, they’re still ahead of their time, but about 200g heavier than the market trends right now. The only touring skis that don’t rattle my fillings out on refrozen corn.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    So he never paid up the rest? That's some bullshit. Your gear swap sales are the ideal - the skis I've bought from you have been in excellent condition, and you price stuff low in the first place.

Dolphin whacker - make good on your payment.
    Yeah...I pushed back and he got whiny, so I never pursued it. I think time has shown his true colors. It was a LONG time ago...over some 2nd or 3rd Gen K2 Seths.

It’s not really anything to me at this point, but one more piece of data towards answering the question “Is Bushwacka Josh the best PSIA instructor to have ever graced the interwebz?” Probably not.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    A more important question is how many people with skins can dolphin turn?
    LOL...got a good chuckle out of that comment!

A friend of mine who is a total ripper says the new Salomon Blank is a sick ski and much better both on and off-piste than the QST118.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    A friend of mine who is a total ripper says the new Salomon Blank is a sick ski and much better both on and off-piste than the QST118.
    I've heard the same from a buddy whose been on them a couple of weeks.

Can anyone explain what a rocketed boot board is?

Quote Originally Posted by turnfarmer View Post
    Can anyone explain what a rocketed boot board is?
    Probably this?Name:  12c4140cf8ef38bd8de2a8a61abb6a11.jpeg
Views: 1231
Size:  51.5 KB

Are rockered boot boards really a thing? It seems extremely stupid. Maybe they help if your boot doesn't flex?
    Do they just mean a rockered sole? Because that would actually make sense

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    I've heard the same from a buddy whose been on them a couple of weeks.
    Probably held back by the radius I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Probably held back by the radius I'm sure
    I bet they can’t stop turning. Some say they’re still going in circles.

That’s encouraging. I really liked the QST 106 in soft snow but it lost a lot on firmer groomers. If the on snow feel is better than the tighter turn radius suggests...awesome.

I’ve just found that around an 18-m radius is about as tight as I want to go. Smaller than that, and I feel like I end up fighting the type of turn the skis naturally wants to make...just too tight.

XT3 is 1750g so the new boot is a bit lighter, more of a direct comparison to the zero g, just heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    It's interesting that the XT3 Tour Pro weights 1520g. It's really not all that far off from the current XT3 weight, but probably skis significantly worse. I guess it's supposed to be a straight up competitor to the Hawx XTD and ZGTP.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image-1.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	155.0 KB 
ID:	362330

New Fischer Transalp boot

looks kinda like the Travers and Maestrale had a baby

Its amusing that Dynastar makes pre cut skins for the M Free 108. Props to anyone touring on the 192
    Plenty of people doing side country with skis that big or bigger. Not everyone walking is a weight weenie.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

New Fischer Transalp boot
    looks kinda like the Travers and Maestrale had a baby
    Also found this: https://www.fischersports.com/transalp-pro. ZGTP-type options are going to be many! From that vid - interesting that (from what I can tell) they're using a beefier liner for the Pro and Tour/Tour W and a more basic but lighter liner for the TS.

Quote Originally Posted by dub_xion View Post
    Also found this: https://www.fischersports.com/transalp-pro. ZGTP-type options are going to be many! From that vid - interesting that (from what I can tell) they're using a beefier liner for the Pro and Tour/Tour W and a more basic but lighter liner for the TS.
    Very exciting, will probably walk better and ski worse from the pics / weight. But these are the type of boots I think that are best for most ski touring. The ZGTP is beefier than I really need and I would take some less beef for a better walk mode - but I'm not willing to take the durability and skiability penalty of a 1kg boot.

This and Quantum Free slot into a super nice spot. I feel like the XT3 Pro Tour will be right for a lot of people but it's the wrong side of weight to compete on with the ZGTP.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Very exciting, will probably walk better and ski worse from the pics / weight. But these are the type of boots I think that are best for most ski touring. The ZGTP is beefier than I really need and I would take some less beef for a better walk mode - but I'm not willing to take the durability and skiability penalty of a 1kg boot.

This and Quantum Free slot into a super nice spot. I feel like the XT3 Pro Tour will be right for a lot of people but it's the wrong side of weight to compete on with the ZGTP.
    I haven’t been on the ZGTPs, but it looks like the ROM on the Q Frees and Transalp Pros is insanely good and worth a lot, especially when the laps add up. They’re also well-designed for scrambling/scree. Yeah I’m in this slot of not needing a super charger in the b/c but wanting something that will handle some speed and tricky snow and be easy on the up.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    My boss, a good dude, called and asked about AT stuff. Solid type II skier. His goal was to skin up the ski hill prior to opening. I recommended he put shifts on his mindbenders, get some skins and cochise and have some fun. He asked if he should get a beacon, probe and shovel. Told him to take an avy 1 course and see what he thinks. He said nah, just going to skin up the resort. I don't see anything wrong with that.
    I know I'm cunting up even more. but:

A ways back, I bought some Bros (street cred) and had some Barons mounted on them and some Solly Quest boots. I usually wake up at 5am and, if I was at a ski place, I'd get up, skin up, ski down. Do a couple laps...then put the skins away and do lift service like a normal human.

It was really just a morning workout. I've thought about getting shifts and ZeroG/Hawx type boot for the same purpose. It was good exercise and I enjoyed it.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

anyone catch what the advertised last is supposed to be?

guess i'll be waiting until fall 2021 for new touring boots, but i'll echo the excitement of increasing options in this category

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    anyone catch what the advertised last is supposed to be?

guess i'll be waiting until fall 2021 for new touring boots, but i'll echo the excitement of increasing options in this category
    Haven’t seen the last width listed anywhere, but my bet would be that the upcoming Wildsnow article will address it.

Haven’t seen the last width listed anywhere, but my bet would be that the upcoming Wildsnow article will address it.

I hope it's on the narrower side with potential to be punched wider easily...

Too many 102mm last boots for us narrow-footed people.
    For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

Any thoughts on how different Quantum Free’s are from Quantum Asolo’s?
    These or those TransAlps might finally be my upgrade touring boot if I can ever find a shop who carries them.
    I hate Scarpa and their horrible last but widespread shop floor placement.

My personal cindarella boot would walk as well as my old beat to sh!t TLT5p and ski a bit more like my Hawx XTD. The XT3 Pro aint it.

That Fischer boot looks like it may be a worthy replacement for my old TLT6.