Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
    No way that boot is a “plug” boot. It’s probably full PU, and might be stiffer plastic, but it’s just injected in plastic of similar color to make it look like the new XT3. The cost of making a new internal mold for that boot to make it a “plug” is what prevents that from being a reality, especially in COVID times. Probably had issues with the new walk mode like everyone else.

Looks just like my xt free pro model to me (aside from colors).

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    I would pay so much money for that boot gosh, I bet it skis awesome if it’s fully PU.

That could make sense because it seems like sam anthamatten has finally moved on from the ghosts he and heitz had specially made for them to also using the freetour, maybe they both got a special boot. Atleast they both have a walkmode now haha.
    Wasn't the XT Free 120 all PU?
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Couldn’t agree more. If this boot is actually a plug pu boot with a walk mode I’d at least pay retail for it. I’ve stared at my Dobermans dreaming of a way to put an walk mode on them. Don’t need much ROM. I know there’s a market for this but boot companies keep pushing light fit like a bucket boots in touring market.
    Make it then. I made some years ago. It worked pretty damn well. Skied better than the quest max and has zero play in the walk mode.

https://www.doglotion.com/essays/now...-touring-boots

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    Make it then. I made some years ago. It worked pretty damn well. Skied better than the quest max and has zero play in the walk mode.

well played sir, well played.

reminds me of making a Lange ZC for a race coach into his touring boot. Added vibram, make the boot more upright, and more room EVERYWHERE.

Well that's ringing endorsement if I've ever seen one.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Well that's ringing endorsement if I've ever seen one.
    Haha. I was waiting for that. I can't attest to how it skied against a ton of boots back then but I can guarantee the walk mode lock out was way more solid.

I’m going to try that with some old shells. Seems like a great summer project. If I can get it to work well enough. I’ll make it out of new boots and have the boys at CAST put dynafit inserts in them. Thanks

Not overlap boots but I've been super impressed with my Luptons as a real boot with tech fittings. Lack of walkmode is a bit uncomfortable on flats, but with tongue out the forward ROM is just as good as any of the Lupos. An excellent KMHR slackcountry boot. 2022 krypton 130 comes with tech fittings but looks like it lacks the quick remove tongue of the lupos.

honestly, i've been impressed with the stiffness of my lupo pros thus far. i've used the hoji free and zgtp and the lupo is certainly closest to true alpine stiffness.
    swing your fucking sword.

Honestly stiffness isn’t the big issue by any means. Although I’m used to skiing a plug boot, the stiffness of my Salomon MTN lab boots is totally acceptable. But I’ve had to add a ton of foam to them to fit. I’ve tried on every touring boot on the market (except zero) and they all fit huge. Hoji model with the toe welt fits great except the instep is an absolute deal breaker. That’s the hardest fit issue to deal with. 93 last Doberman and 92 last zb fit me great

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    I would pay so much money for that boot gosh, I bet it skis awesome if it’s fully PU.

That could make sense because it seems like sam anthamatten has finally moved on from the ghosts he and heitz had specially made for them to also using the freetour, maybe they both got a special boot. Atleast they both have a walkmode now haha.
    Can confirm Sam has a pair too, Lange probably hooked them up for the new la liste movie even though non of them ski for Lange?

wak mode dobie

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Honestly stiffness isn’t the big issue by any means. Although I’m used to skiing a plug boot, the stiffness of my Salomon MTN lab boots is totally acceptable. But I’ve had to add a ton of foam to them to fit. I’ve tried on every touring boot on the market (except zero) and they all fit huge. Hoji model with the toe welt fits great except the instep is an absolute deal breaker. That’s the hardest fit issue to deal with. 93 last Doberman and 92 last zb fit me great
    Here you go-
    Attached Images Attached Images  

^^^

More info please. Although that boot looks like a pro machine. Any rearward ROM?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

If they used the cut out method from the other link they could gain some rearward ROM. I’d be interested in more details as well, I have a now retired pair of promachines that happen to have cast toes already on them.

Not mine, just a random picture from the web to show the possibility, Parts are from Mindbender boot. ROM rearward entirely dependent on your willingness to cut down the spine of the clog which will definitely alter the flex feel of the boot. The lower you cut the more rear rom you get. If I was doing this I would try to incorporate my own version of Tecnica's T spine, as replacing the spine with what is basically an on off switch will likely be a very different feel.

Quote Originally Posted by turnfarmer View Post
    Here you go-
    promachine with a walk mode is the dream...

Quote Originally Posted by MD12 View Post
    Looks just like my xt free pro model to me (aside from colors).
    I just got confirmation that is exactly what those boots are.

hahaha. the hottest topics for next year's gear are some old boots with current colours, and cutting up some other old boots.

Quote Originally Posted by bwcurran View Post
    promachine with a walk mode is the dream...
    Yes.

I just switched out my promachines 130 for Lange rx 130. Lange fits me slightly better (have a low instep and arch), but also has much better lateral transmission and is more precise IMO. And better suspension. Use zip fits in both. The Lange is the best boot I’ve ever used, except for the liner - not sure I’ll ever go back to using a liner other than zip fits. but its also much heavier than the promachine.

I didn’t realize my promachines didn’t fit as well as my langes until I started skiing the xt free promodel, which ironically is what the heitz boot is (mentioned below).

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    hahaha. the hottest topics for next year's gear are some old boots with current colours, and cutting up some other old boots.
    At least we have stopped putting raichle comp flexon tongues on scrapa lazers... although GoldenBC is getting pretty close.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TGR Forums mobile app

Anyone have an intel on new look pivot colorways for 21 / 22? I've seen what looks like matte black for the 15-18, but curious if they are going to carry the current lineup over or release new ones.

Need to inform the end of season hoarding priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by ender9099 View Post
    Anyone have an intel on new look pivot colorways for 21 / 22? I've seen what looks like matte black for the 15-18, but curious if they are going to carry the current lineup over or release new ones.

Need to inform the end of season hoarding priorities.
    No updates. Everything is carry over. There is a limited release Henrik Harlaut pro model that was released this season that is black and red. Its mainly going to shop kids and VIPs. You're not going to find this at your average ski shop.

Exactly right. Shops already have orders in for the same color ways for next year. Pivots colorways are on 2-yr cycle for the most part.