Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I’d cry if I was forced to ski a 106 underfoot ski in Alaska. WTF is up with ski companies not making real pow boards anymore? I get that they don’t sell as much or maybe it’s all the low snow years as of late. Thank god for the smaller companies still putting out big pow skis.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Kastle currently has the FX 116, but it tops out at 185, I own it, good for resort pow. Next year they have the ZX 115 in 193cm if it is the same as the product manager brought to Jackson last year.

BMX 105 hp was the homerun daily driver for me- now skiing ZX 108 and MX 98 depending on conditions. BMX 105 hp would have covered it all.
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

Agree Supergaper. the 105 HP was basically a perfected ski.

they kill it in favor for the ZX that is less good at everything. and seemingly kill the ZX after 1 year for a new FX ski that is essentially the same as the ZX? Does the FX116 also die after 1 year to become essentially the same ZX115?

so strange for an otherwise conservative, premium, performance brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    That ‘adjustable’ STH 16 referenced in freeskier makes me uncomfortable. You press a button it adjusts the Damping... I really really doubt that will last.
    I didn’t see them talking about a bindings energy absorption properties, just one that changes how wet it is or... something, something ‘dampening’ durrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    I'm offended you think the new Nordica graphics look like ours...haha

They are biting our ski name a bit Belle vs. Bella. Not 100% sure who came out with the name first but I think it was us.
    First Belle line was in 2012 or 2011 I think? Enforcer's are the same perfectly unoffensively bland and generic mountain concept they have been for 5 years. I too fail to see the connection.

Hey Marshall-

Good to hear from you!

Kastle ran the FX 95 and BMX 105 and 115 for four seasons up to 18/19, that was my quiver for those 4 years.

Last year they replaced them with the FX 96/106/116, I skied on the MX 99 (too stiff for off trail for me), the FX 106hp (skied light loud and short, bounced around in the chop), and the FX 116, (again good resort pow ski but a little short at 185)

Kastle developed the ZX 108 last year, and Griffin Post had a pair, and the rep had pair, which I skied on for 2 weeks. FX sks are
    in the line this year unchanged so they got a 2 year run.

Next year will be FX updated with Titanal, have not seen the catalogue yet, but shapes look the same at least on the 106 so same molds? Then ZX line expands to 100, 108 and 115.

Interesting choices for Kastle dealers, FX line retails at $1200 or so, and ZX is only $750!
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    anyone catch what the advertised last is supposed to be?

guess i'll be waiting until fall 2021 for new touring boots, but i'll echo the excitement of increasing options in this category
    These guys seem to have some size 26 in stock, list them as 100 mm, and slightly heavier as advertised at 1327 g

https://skiuphill.ca/collections/wha...transalp-pro-m

Quote Originally Posted by dub_xion View Post
    I keep wondering how long they’ll run those BMT/VWerks molds before 86’ing the series, or if they’ll do updated models. Must’ve been huge investment in those and high manufacturing costs in Germany. Brilliant skis, very happy with the ones I’ve skied, they’re still ahead of their time, but about 200g heavier than the market trends right now. The only touring skis that don’t rattle my fillings out on refrozen corn.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    BMT's are done, the VWerks are in the catalogue but no BMT. Shame, awesome skis.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4frnt-hoji-skis-2015--top.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	362529

Those new Enforcers remind me of the old Hojis

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post

Interesting choices for Kastle dealers, FX line retails at $1200 or so, and ZX is only $750!
    Dav's gotta send his kids to a boarding ski academy somehow

SuperGaper - Thanks for update on Kastle line. I love the FX96 in the right conditions - will definitely grab a pair with some metal in it - I like heavier skis in most conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    BMT's are done, the VWerks are in the catalogue but no BMT. Shame, awesome skis.
    yes - that is a pity, they are damn good skis. Guess I will have to pick up a back up pair of both 90s and 109s then.

It will be interesting to see what they replace them with post-Corona. The Rise and Blaze series are about as appealing to me as... eh something really unappealing.

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    These guys seem to have some size 26 in stock, list them as 100 mm, and slightly heavier as advertised at 1327 g

https://skiuphill.ca/collections/wha...transalp-pro-m
    I just hope it's a wide forefoot and a skinny ankle.

Snowboard gear for the one-plankers:
    https://www.evo.com/discover/snowboard/gear-preview

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post

Name:	4frnt-hoji-skis-2015--top.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	362529

Those new Enforcers remind me of the old Hojis
    They even have the 4F logo in the upper right...but honestly, I thought it was a new Praxis top sheet.

Either stealing (or paying homage) to the smaller guys..

It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by evo View Post
    Snowboard gear for the one-plankers:
    https://www.evo.com/discover/snowboard/gear-preview
    Snowboarding is the new Telemark.....

anything new in a full rocker that is 100mm?

loving my black crow daemon for daily. hoji for pow,

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post

WNDR Vital 100? https://wndr-alpine.com/products/vital-100

Full rocker seems to have been a short lived 'fad' (apart from 4fnt, but I don't get on with their mount points), which is a shame as I really like how full rocker ski in pretty much any off piste snow. Volkl have all but abandoned it, with the Katana as the only exception. Black crows have the Corvus, but not the freebird version, which is strange.

Any other companies offering full, long/low rocker?

Edit to add WDR or however you spell the damn 'name'

Icelantic is coming out with a Saba 107 next year, which I’m excited to try because I rather like the Saba 117. Low rise, radius matches the rocker profile, relatively longitudinally stiff but forgiving torsionally.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    They even have the 4F logo in the upper right...but honestly, I thought it was a new Praxis top sheet.

Either stealing (or paying homage) to the smaller guys..

Would pretty much guarantee the person designing the Nordica graphic has no idea either brand even exists.

27.5 with OEM insole in place . . .

Name:	xt3tourpro.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	575.9 KB 
ID:	362662

I may be trading in my zero g next year

Anyone know why Black Crows discontinued the Daemon? It has great reviews in Outdoor Gear Lab, Blister, and other places. Not a market for full rocker? Its such a good ski

21/22 Gear Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Anyone know why Black Crows discontinued the Daemon? It has great reviews in Outdoor Gear Lab, Blister, and other places. Not a market for full rocker? Its such a good ski
    They discontinued the daemon and the Navis at the same time and created the Justis. The Justis is full rocker. I have one. It skis really well. But it’s a different animal then the daemon. It’s faster. More stable. Carves better. Tighter radius. Pivots better.

The replaced the daemon and Navis because they had three skis within 5mm waist all trying to appeal to the same people. (Camox, daemon, and Navis). The camox is a very accessible and friendly ski so that got kept and it also sells well, 97mm twin tip, of course it sells.

They have two new piste skis coming out. They are in evos preview. A split tail and a 93mm groomer killer, the 93 is a rocker camber rocker.

If you like the daemon, buy a Corvus. It skis better and does more then the daemon if you ask me and it’s a better all around ski at 107 for a daily driver.
    Last edited by SoVT Joey; 02-13-2021 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    Full rocker seems to have been a short lived 'fad' (apart from 4fnt, but I don't get on with their mount points), which is a shame as I really like how full rocker ski in pretty much any off piste snow. Volkl have all but abandoned it, with the Katana as the only exception. Black crows have the Corvus, but not the freebird version, which is strange.

Any other companies offering full, long/low rocker?

Edit to add WDR or however you spell the damn 'name'

All of my alpine skis are full rocker. I think companies are realizing that it’s a specialty ski when you get out of something powder specific. My nocta is a floppy dog Dick full rocker if you ask me, but it is too soft to ski on hard pack. My Corvus is not that enjoyable for a lot of people. I love it. My Justis is too turny for 100 underfoot and I’d rather have a little camber at 100 because that’s my narrowest ski that I use for ice on the east coast.

But there is a pattern if you look around. Corvus, Cochise, and Katana. All three skis rip. All three skis are also driven towards a specific market and it’s not the average gaper and it’s a fairly small market as well. There aren’t a lot of 25-55 year old people that ski at Mach 10 every single day and can justify the ski.

So for recap- full rocker good for powder and good for seek and destroy ski with two sheets of metal. But beyond that camber is more friendly and more sellable to the general public.

Companies like to sell chef knives, something for good all around work. The full rocker skis are more comparable to a cleaver. They will cut and chop everything, but you have zero precision without tons of practice.