Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Yes, that why softer boots transfer less power.
    Yes. And if you can’t flex a boot you can’t transfer power. Go work on your photo shop skills.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Yes. And if you can’t flex a boot you can’t transfer power. Go work on your photo shop skills.
    Dude, do you even Dolphin turn?

Don’t argue with Josh Matta! Don’t you know who he is?!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Has the angle, depth, wrap etc. of the walk/ski mode clasp/rod improved? I sometimes blow out of ski mode when landing stuff.
    Sounds like the changes affect the regular ultra, not the xtd

Quote Originally Posted by iwoody808 View Post
    19-20 vwerks Katana but, “Who knew?”Attachment 361660Attachment 361661

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    They have to justify the amount price somehow....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Any photos of ‘22 blizzard other than what’s on Evo’s site?

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

I don’t think there is much changing. Freeride line keeps the same topsheets

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

ZeroG skis get a new graphic.

Brahma and Black Pearl get the new Trueblend core but keep the same shape. New graphic.

New lineup of carving skis called Thunderbird that no one reading this forum would care about.

Everything else is 100% the same. No graphic changes, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Everything else is 100% the same. No graphic changes, nothing.
    Shop owners will thank you for that. Especially now. I approve.

i like those graphics... was wondering if
    Last edited by nordekette; 04-05-2022 at 04:14 PM.

So if a boot didnt flex, when you moved your shins to the front of it, the front of the ski would nt have more pressure on it? Are you sure about it that?

Not sure why a ski boot needs to flex to transfer power, seems like you have it backwards. The more ski boot flexes the less power is transferred.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    If they just offer DIN replacement soles does anyone care of Gripwalk becomes the norm? I just don’t want options to disappear, more options is good.
    Options are fine. But a fair number of grip walk boots don't seem to have replaceable soles.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

So if a boot didnt flex, when you moved your shins to the front of it, the front of the ski would nt have more pressure on it? Are you sure about it that?

Not sure why a ski boot needs to flex to transfer power, seems like you have it backwards. The more ski boot flexes the less power is transferred.
    If the boot doesn’t flex when you lean into it your ass goes backwards and you ski in the back seat and come up with dolphin turns and other dumb shit for people who can’t ski good and want to do other stuff good too.

It’s a carry over year for sure when we’re telling ski instructors to fuck off in tech talk.

Not true racers have very stiff boots and they are not in the back seat

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post

Facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post

Ski racers have very stiff boots, but they are also very strong skiers, who can still flex those very stiff boots. Both arguments are basically right as a boot that is too stiff for somebody will leave them unable to flex their ankles (so their weight will go back), and a boot that is too soft will lack support, and not give the skier the power they want.

There are lots of factors that come into finding the right flex, such as the strength, weight and ability of the skier, but also the ratio of cuff height to limb length and I imagine that ankle mobility also has an impact. Getting the right flex is another advantage of going to a skilled boot fitter.

Now lets look at next years red boots, because they will be the fastest and they will make us all better skiers 👍

I hope they make the Lange xt pro tour in a Red plug model. It’ll sell like hot cakes at Stowe.

21/22 Gear Rumors

I am 1000000% sure about that. If you stand and push on a brick wall is it transferring the power to the floor or just sitting there not moving and absorbing the power.

Hey Newton, after photo shop you should hammer the physics book too. You had a decent argument until you said boots shouldn’t flex if you come out at the correct angle. Tell me what the correct angle is while you are at it.... gonna make absorbing compressions Impossible if you can’t flex or straighten your knees and ankles.

And rod... I don’t know if you understand how strong a ski racers legs are.

What time zone you all in? I'm in the pst but my sleep is all screwed up.

Interesting thread. Must resist comment, there used to be this place called Epic Ski. They got into this stuff
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I am 1000000% sure about that. If you stand and push on a brick wall is it transferring the power to the floor or just sitting there not moving and absorbing the power.

Hey Newton, after photo shop you should hammer the physics book too. You had a decent argument until you said boots shouldn’t flex if you come out at the correct angle. Tell me what the correct angle is while you are at it.... gonna make absorbing compressions Impossible if you can’t flex or straighten your knees and ankles.

And rod... I don’t know if you understand how strong a ski racers legs are.
    I have un flexable boots. I modifed some KR2 pros to the point I literally cannt move them while standing and honestly I think they only flex alittle in GS turns, IMO its more than the skis and boot pressing into me flexes the boot. I also ski in some Dalbello WSC 170s and a pair of Tecnia Mach 1 130s. The Mach 1 I use mostly to coach very beginner lessons but anytime I ski them for real I tire really quickly and my achilles tendon hurts from being over extended. The alignment of all the boots is the same.

I use my knees, hips and upper body to compress and extend ankles are very small part of this. Well I am sure my liners compress alittle as well. No ski is a brick wall. The correct angle will be different for different people as the tib/fib to femur ratio is what should determined ramp/forward lean.

I think I do understand how strong ski racers legs are. I can leg press 700lb and squat 400lb. My thighs are 30 inches around I weigh 185 lb. half my weight is from my butt down.

I seem to have no issue flexxing and extending. this run is VERY steep 40-45 degrees.I know you wont believe but the Smuggs/Stowe Mag who know what it is well vouch for its steepness

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLAWqvEjO4M/

Here it is from the top.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLB-Sk5D9m1/

I mean if you have an epic pass and want to come to stowe today, I can take you right to this spot and film you coming down it and post it here. It sounds like your a way better skier and know way more than me, Like I said in the first post I am clearly shit.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    If the boot doesn’t flex when you lean into it your ass goes backwards and you ski in the back seat and come up with dolphin turns and other dumb shit for people who can’t ski good and want to do other stuff good too.

It’s a carry over year for sure when we’re telling ski instructors to fuck off in tech talk.
    I dont actually try to flex my boot, I use the ramp and forward lean to get me where I need to be, and as I turn I let the boot and ski flex into me. Do you have video of you skiing?

Again dolphin turn are meant to be and aft drill for EXPERT skiers I rarely teach them to students.

Quote Originally Posted by another skier View Post
    Ski racers have very stiff boots, but they are also very strong skiers, who can still flex those very stiff boots. Both arguments are basically right as a boot that is too stiff for somebody will leave them unable to flex their ankles (so their weight will go back), and a boot that is too soft will lack support, and not give the skier the power they want.

There are lots of factors that come into finding the right flex, such as the strength, weight and ability of the skier, but also the ratio of cuff height to limb length and I imagine that ankle mobility also has an impact. Getting the right flex is another advantage of going to a skilled boot fitter.

Now lets look at next years red boots, because they will be the fastest and they will make us all better skiers ��
    not actually how they look at it. If you talk to PJ at Race stock or Dave Dodge of dodge boots they both believe that in GS/SL the alignment should be set up absolutely correct and then the boot should not let the skier move out of that alignment. SG and especially DH are in soft boots for and aft boot so that can glide and deal with ruts better. So do people like Reilly, Paul lorenz, Bob Barnes. Reilly weighs 140lb and skis 150+ flex boot in moguls seems to be fine.

I would love to see video of all the people saying here that stiff boots people in the backseat. Bad alignment puts people in the backseat, they get soft boot and then they can flex them into where they need to be in balance but they are not able to ski as well as someone who is in a concrete boot what is aligned correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    What time zone you all in? I'm in the pst but my sleep is all screwed up.

Interesting thread. Must resist comment, there used to be this place called Epic Ski. They got into this stuff
    and MTT is going to come in here and tell you how he beat me in Nastar on his shitty bro skis that literally turned like shit, after he rocked my skis that day. MTT post some video of you skiing bro. Would love to see your heel pushing again I think you should show everyone.

I have un flexable boots. I modifed some KR2 pros to the point I literally cannt move them while standing and honestly I think they only flex alittle in GS turns, IMO its more than the skis and boot pressing into me flexes the boot. I also ski in some Dalbello WSC 170s and a pair of Tecnia Mach 1 130s. The Mach 1 I use mostly to coach very beginner lessons but anytime I ski them for real I tire really quickly and my achilles tendon hurts from being over extended. The alignment of all the boots is the same.

I use my knees, hips and upper body to compress and extend ankles are very small part of this. Well I am sure my liners compress alittle as well. No ski is a brick wall. The correct angle will be different for different people as the tib/fib to femur ratio is what should determined ramp/forward lean.

I think I do understand how strong ski racers legs are. I can leg press 700lb and squat 400lb. My thighs are 30 inches around I weigh 185 lb. half my weight is from my butt down.

I seem to have no issue flexxing and extending. this run is VERY steep 40-45 degrees.I know you wont believe but the Smuggs/Stowe Mag who know what it is well vouch for its steepness

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLAWqvEjO4M/

Here it is from the top.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLB-Sk5D9m1/

I mean if you have an epic pass and want to come to stowe today, I can take you right to this spot and film you coming down it and post it here. It sounds like your a way better skier and know way more than me, Like I said in the first post I am clearly shit.
    God. You are insufferable. Read what you wrote. How are your inflexible boots flexing? Never once have I said that skiing a soft boot was the answer. I simply stated that if you can’t flex a boot there is no power transfer. You have proven my point in just what you wrote.

And don’t ever confuse coaching with ski instructing again. Ski instructors don’t coach and never will.

God. You are insufferable. Read what you wrote. How are your inflexible boots flexing? Never once have I said that skiing a soft boot was the answer. I simply stated that if you can’t flex a boot there is no power transfer. You have proven my point in just what you wrote.

And don’t ever confuse coaching with ski instructing again. Ski instructors don’t coach and never will.
    eh when you have the same people for dozens of days over years it becomes coaching.

SOVT joey is scared of skiing stowe with me. Says he is a CVA grad, he should be able to easily out class me.