Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Some more info on a few models from Salomon, Black Diamond, Scott, Dynafit and Black Crows from Wildsnow.

skis-from-the-future-outdoor-retailer-takeaways-2021-22

Anyone hear about new kastle fx skis for 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by been in it View Post
    Some more info on a few models from Salomon, Black Diamond, Scott, Dynafit and Black Crows from Wildsnow.

skis-from-the-future-outdoor-retailer-takeaways-2021-22
    Sounds somewhat promising from BD. They're touring lineup improved with partnering with Blizzard. Hopefully they're freeride line can make the jump?

I like the new Mentis. My wife has the Vastus in 171cm: 1100g with Helio 145. It's very skiable and capable for it's weight; not some rando racers survive-down-the-course ski. It looks like they're moving things in the right direction with the new shape and profile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mentis-_-vastus.png 
Views:	191 
Size:	372.8 KB 
ID:	362371

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Any thoughts on how different Quantum Free’s are from Quantum Asolo’s?
    These or those TransAlps might finally be my upgrade touring boot if I can ever find a shop who carries them.
    I hate Scarpa and their horrible last but widespread shop floor placement.

My personal cindarella boot would walk as well as my old beat to sh!t TLT5p and ski a bit more like my Hawx XTD. The XT3 Pro aint it.
    Have you tried undoing all the buckles completely on your Hawx? I'm talking about dethatching them and letting them hang. So many people don't bother with this but it makes a huge difference in the walk mode. I find the walk mode in the Hawx better than most lighter boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Have you tried undoing all the buckles completely on your Hawx? I'm talking about dethatching them and letting them hang. So many people don't bother with this but it makes a huge difference in the walk mode. I find the walk mode in the Hawx better than most lighter boots.
    Yep. Don't get me wrong - it's great for what it is but it's not in the same league as a lighter boot efficiency-wise imho. Also more boot than I want or need for lots of my touring especially with a lighter smaller ski. I think/hope one of these new boots is the proverbial glass slipper.

Last edited by dcpnz; 02-11-2021 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Delete double post

Local shop tested the new black crows and said the standout was the Serpo (the 93/94mm frontside ski).

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Yep. Don't get me wrong - it's great for what it is but it's not in the same league as a lighter boot efficiency-wise imho. Also more boot than I want or need for lots of my touring especially with a lighter smaller ski. I think/hope one of these new boots is the proverbial glass slipper.
    Or a heavy boot like the hoji free, really good range of motion

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by evo View Post
    Alright folks, we have our 2022 ski gear preview live now.
    We got as many brands in as we could, more to come as we chase down the details and photos.
    https://www.evo.com/discover/ski/gear-preview
    Freeskier has a pretty extensive list as well, to follow up on Evo's previews: https://freeskier.com/first_look/first-look-hardgoods

Thanks for all the updates. Nice to see some ski makers still putting a little effort into the graphics department.
    Random question: anyone ever ski/see/fondle the Fatypus p dubya (or whatever it's called)?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MD12 View Post
    Anyone hear about new kastle fx skis for 2022?

Name:	KastleFX106Ti.png 
Views:	217 
Size:	581.0 KB 
ID:	362426

Per Freeskier:

FX106 Ti: Bringing metal to a big-mountain, powder ski. The FX 106 Ti eats Alaskan spines for breakfast, Jackson Hole cliff drops for lunch and Chamonix descents for dinner. The multi-wood core combines poplar/beech on inner and paulownia on the outer, a layer of fiberglass stiffens it up slightly, then—BOOM!—a final, hefty layer of Titanal brings everything together for a stiff, responsive ride that’s up to the task. The elliptical radius sidecut, hook-free shovel and tail and powder-ready progressive rise tips balance out the construction on this all-new ski.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post

Per Freeskier:

FX106 Ti: Bringing metal to a big-mountain, powder ski. The FX 106 Ti eats Alaskan spines for breakfast, Jackson Hole cliff drops for lunch and Chamonix descents for dinner. The multi-wood core combines poplar/beech on inner and paulownia on the outer, a layer of fiberglass stiffens it up slightly, then—BOOM!—a final, hefty layer of Titanal brings everything together for a stiff, responsive ride that’s up to the task. The elliptical radius sidecut, hook-free shovel and tail and powder-ready progressive rise tips balance out the construction on this all-new ski.
    2200g and 21.8m radius for the 192cm. I wonder if its gonna be as good as the old bmx 105 HP

Per Freeskier:

The people at blister need to be in charge of every ski write up. That was just a paragraph of buzzwords that gives zero real info on the ski.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Agreed, that's some shitty-ass copy. If I was Kastle I'd be asking for a re-write.

That's a very generous description for a ski that's only 106mm under foot. The only word they left out was dynamic. I suppose they could have included "zone" too.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Anyone notice how the ‘22 Nordicas are just copies of Moment graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Anyone notice how the ‘22 Nordicas are just copies of Moment graphics.
    I'm offended you think the new Nordica graphics look like ours...haha

They are biting our ski name a bit Belle vs. Bella. Not 100% sure who came out with the name first but I think it was us.

At least they didn't directly copy us like Elan...Wildcat and now Voyager.

Freeskier has a pretty extensive list as well, to follow up on Evo's previews: https://freeskier.com/first_look/first-look-hardgoods
    Damn, those RMU Butterknifes look wacky as hell. Wonder what the dims are

Name:	Butterknife-760x475@2x.png 
Views:	192 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	362440

I’d cry if I was forced to ski a 106 underfoot ski in Alaska. WTF is up with ski companies not making real pow boards anymore? I get that they don’t sell as much or maybe it’s all the low snow years as of late. Thank god for the smaller companies still putting out big pow skis.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post

They are biting our ski name a bit Belle vs. Bella. Not 100% sure who came out with the name first but I think it was us.

Ok.... rather poor copies:

Name:  2B2DB4AA-7857-4CFF-B41B-9D63DAA3125A.jpeg
Views: 1544
Size:  184.4 KB

Name:  D851480A-5FC5-423F-B519-76316BE8842D.jpeg
Views: 1516
Size:  175.7 KB

That ‘adjustable’ STH 16 referenced in freeskier makes me uncomfortable. You press a button it adjusts the Damping... I really really doubt that will last.

Not really seeing it. They don't even have an alien powered floating dorito chip!

Are you on drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by lrn2swim View Post
    Are you on drugs

YES!!!!

YES!!!!
    Correct answer!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk