Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    They don't think the person who gets it will be touring far.
    I won’t be, just confirming. As long as you can still up the forward lean and add flex blocks I’m happy.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Don't they already have that with the Lupo HD?

This version is just taking business from the CAST boys.
    Lupo HD clog doesn’t accommodate flex inhibitors like the krypton, and you can’t change fwd lean without modding the boot. So it’s good for the random few dorks that need that, myself included. Really there’s no reason for MDV not to have done this sooner.
    Last edited by ZomblibulaX; 01-21-2021 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    I won’t be, just confirming. As long as you can still up the forward lean and add flex blocks I’m happy.
    How does one do this? Thread?

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	33ED0830-8D99-4057-812D-DE3AB90A1BCA.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	437.9 KB 
ID:	359019
    Yup....

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    How does one do this? Thread?
    Swap em out/in with this bolt:

Name:	7D953C4A-584C-4DDF-BA54-117C0FA61D8F.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	359.6 KB 
ID:	359020

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Looks like they brought the old F1 back with no changes? And kept the new F1 LT the same as well? I was hoping for a "new" F1, same weight range, little stiffer, and a more reasonable forward lean. Or a lighter Maestrale.
    Well at least the Maestrale RS now has the XT walk mode switch (if this wasn't already the case) which hopefully helps with popping out of ski mode mid-turn. I too was hoping for a new Maestrale however.

Have y’all seen these bad muthas?
    Shop employee Bonafide with the 1980’s Thermo graphics!

Name:	Image1611330599.482814.jpg 
Views:	438 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	359083
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    I too was hoping for a new Maestrale however.
    Yeah if Tecnica can make a 130 flex boot at 1300 grams, then I would think the Maestrale could lighten up a bit. But like I said, what I really want is a stiffer F1. Keep the weight around 1200 but stiffen it up 10 points and update the forward lean to something more reasonable. Wide forefoot, narrower heel. It seems like the manufacturers race is for ultra light or ultra stiff, and neither is what I really want in an everyday ski boot.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Yeah if Tecnica can make a 130 flex boot at 1300 grams, then I would think the Maestrale could lighten up a bit. But like I said, what I really want is a stiffer F1. Keep the weight around 1200 but stiffen it up 10 points and update the forward lean to something more reasonable. Wide forefoot, narrower heel. It seems like the manufacturers race is for ultra light or ultra stiff, and neither is what I really want in an everyday ski boot.
    I guess that's what i would want from a new maestrale, so i think we're in agreement. It also seems like this is what most day in / day out ski toorers want so i guess the market will catch up sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post

Amazing, good on Blizzard!

Now let’s get an updated Thermo vs Thermo rip session

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WuFHKvBZj3w

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    Wasatch, anymore pics? Stoked to see these.
    I'll snap some photos is a bit.

All new last, liner, ski/walk feature etc. Still PU but 200ish grams lighter. Designed to be the stiffest, best performing Cochise yet. More power laterally and better rearward support. Could have made them a pound lighter with lighter plastic and a lighter liner but the goal with these was not sacrifice any performance in favor of weight savings. Much stronger ski/walk mechanism that gives the spine much more reinforcement. And you can lock it out.

Similar shape as previous but with a few tweaks where the older mold needed some improvements. Taller, more squared off toe box, more shape to the medial side, better fit over the instep. 99 last

Liner is pretty awesome honestly. CAS in the forefoot on the 130, new flex zone. I’m biased but I think they’re the best stock liners that come in a boot. New 120 flex women’s version as well. And a true 22.5...

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    I’ll snap a few photos in a bit.

All new last, liner, ski/walk feature etc. Still PU but 200ish grams lighter. Designed to be the stiffest, best performing Cochise yet. More power laterally and better rearward support. Could have made them a pound lighter with lighter plastic and a lighter liner but the goal with these was not sacrifice any performance in favor of weight savings. Much stronger ski/walk mechanism that gives the spine much more reinforcement. And you can lock it out.

Similar shape as previous but with a few tweaks where the older mold needed some improvements. Taller, more squared off toe box, more shape to the medial side, better fit over the instep. 99 last

Liner is pretty awesome honestly. CAS in the forefoot on the 130, new flex zone. I’m biased but I think they’re the best stock liners that come in a boot. New 120 flex women’s version as well. And a true 22.5...
    Really excited for these. Have used the bright orange cochise for the past 4-5 years and it’s great, but consistently developed play in the walk mode. Picked up a Mach1 LV last spring that clearly performs better, and I have some XTD130s that obviously tour better, but the Cochise are still my go-to travel 1-boot quiver.

Sounds like the new walk mode is improved and the rest of the boot should be similar (but slightly better), which is perfect. Plus love that the BSL will be the same as the old ones and the Mach1.

Internal of lower

Name:	IMG_1081.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	359117

New Sole

Name:	IMG_0745.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	359118

New T-Ride Ski/Walk

Name:	IMG_1111.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	359120

Lock Out Feature

Name:	IMG_1482 2.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	359121

Ski/Walk Open Side view

Name:	IMG_7419.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	359122

26.5 130 Shell Weight (Some could be 50g lighter)

Name:	IMG_0146.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	359123

26.5 Liner weight with footbed and spoiler

Name:	IMG_3582.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	359124

130 linerClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2259.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	359125

New Flex ZoneClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1482.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	359126

Is that actually 200g lighter? I thought the old ones were like 1900g. I'll be curious how this stacks up against an XT3.

When are we going to start naming this thread what it really is every year. "TGR Salivating over boots they will find a reason to dislike"
    Training for Alpental

Name:  hawx pro.PNG
Views: 1704
Size:  208.3 KB

Hawx is getting an injection liner

21/22 Gear Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Name:  hawx pro.PNG
Views: 1704
Size:  208.3 KB

Hawx is getting an injection liner
    Sweet. Does the foam make it to the forefoot like classic foam liners? Is the tongue foamed?

looks like huge improvement in the Cochise walk mode. Although a bag of dead cats wouldn’t have been an improvement in the old walk mode.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post

I couldn't justify overlap for the throwback Spur, but I don't have any skinny skis. I think a 187 will be in my future.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    looks like huge improvement in the Cochise walk mode. Although a bag of dead cats wouldn’t have been an improvement in the old walk mode.
    Seriously, there have been times where I'm at the top of a mountain, rocking my ski cuff back and forth, while my touring partner is whacking at my heels with his ski poles. Powder really likes to jam up the walk mode.

Other than that, I really enjoy my Cochise. As my dedicated inbound boots, I appreciated the heft. I'm glad they're switching to a prison-shank style of walk-mode.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

We skied some 2022 skis from Salomon, Atomic, Head, and Volkl today, some fun skis! We're also getting ready to put out our annual Gear Preview article - any requests for info or pics of anything in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Seriously, there have been times where I'm at the top of a mountain, rocking my ski cuff back and forth, while my touring partner is whacking at my heels with his ski poles. Powder really likes to jam up the walk mode.

Other than that, I really enjoy my Cochise. As my dedicated inbound boots, I appreciated the heft. I'm glad they're switching to a prison-shank style of walk-mode.
    You need to piss on it. Works everytime
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by evo View Post
    We skied some 2022 skis from Salomon, Atomic, Head, and Volkl today, some fun skis! We're also getting ready to put out our annual Gear Preview article - any requests for info or pics of anything in particular?
    Faction?

Rossignol? (Especially if there actually is a new blackops 110)

Pivot color ways?

New lange touring boot?

anyone know if pivots are going to have new color ways next year? hoping....

Name:	10A83006-4F2B-4ECA-B313-0E8C10C3CE59.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	334.3 KB 
ID:	359204

New Leki 3D carbon poles

Quote Originally Posted by evo View Post
    General request, both for your buyers guide and the website in general: list weights on your website for all sizes of a given ski. You’ve got dozens of hourly employees who are likely less busy, walls full of skis and online employees with downtime. Would be an awesome resource and gain your site more traffic if you were the first larger snow sports retailer to list them.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    General request, both for your buyers guide and the website in general: list weights on your website for all sizes of a given ski. You’ve got dozens of hourly employees who are likely less busy, walls full of skis and online employees with downtime. Would be an awesome resource and gain your site more traffic if you were the first larger snow sports retailer to list them.

I guess you’ve never been to one of the Evo stores...employees are hardly sitting around these days.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...