Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 784
  1. #176
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    voting in seattle
    Posts
    4,495
    What does a 130 flex even feel like?

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,802
    Depends...

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Posts
    1,559
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Some Dalbello 2022 product, Men's boots are 27.5, Women's 25.5:

    Attachment 358865
    So finally a gripwalk sole on the krypton, but tech inserts with no walk mode?

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    69
    I heard 4FRNT is working on a park focused ski they'll call the Switch, kinda like the old Switchblade.

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,700

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    1,131
    Fuck DPS for ruining the only cool ski they still make. 19m turn radius? Can people stop skiing 118m skis on groomers, sheesh

    142/118/130 @ 176cm
    143/118/132 @ 184cm
    145/118/133 @ 189cm

    The newly designed Koala 118 is an entirely fresh shape that places increased emphasis on the freestyle fun factor, while providing plenty of stability and edgehold. Let the whole mountain become your powder playground with its 19m turn radius, deep rocker lines, and a softer, more progressive flex pattern than its predecessor. Enjoy buttering and spinning off your favorite features as you link together as many hits as possible on a pow day

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	367F2A18-89D6-43B6-8BEF-6E5DB289CA86.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	358905

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    1,618
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Fuck DPS for ruining the only cool ski they still make. 19m turn radius? Can people stop skiing 118m skis on groomers, sheesh

    142/118/130 @ 176cm
    143/118/132 @ 184cm
    145/118/133 @ 189cm

    The newly designed Koala 118 is an entirely fresh shape that places increased emphasis on the freestyle fun factor, while providing plenty of stability and edgehold. Let the whole mountain become your powder playground with its 19m turn radius, deep rocker lines, and a softer, more progressive flex pattern than its predecessor. Enjoy buttering and spinning off your favorite features as you link together as many hits as possible on a pow day

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	367F2A18-89D6-43B6-8BEF-6E5DB289CA86.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	358905
    leave it to dps to do exactly that. sounds like they also dumbed the ski down a fair bit. what a shame.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    69
    DPS' mission is to sell as many $1200 skis as possible, and they realized that making an all-mountain ski is the best way to do that. Shame. I'll be there on my reverse sidecut skis on a powder day and you can tell me how great your skis are on groomers.

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    西 雅 圖
    Posts
    4,136
    Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    So finally a gripwalk sole on the krypton, but tech inserts with no walk mode?
    They don't think the person who gets it will be touring far.

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    西 雅 圖
    Posts
    4,136
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    Obviously carpet testing isn’t very accurate , but do they seem anywhere close to a 130 flex as advertised?
    Straight up resistance in the first 10-15 degrees seems in line with some of the softer "130" flex boots I've seen, how predictably the resistance will ramp up and what the "stop" at the limit will be like remains to be seen.

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    1,131
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    leave it to dps to do exactly that. sounds like they also dumbed the ski down a fair bit. what a shame.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    All they needed to sell more of that ski was a less lame topsheet. Even that new topsheet would have sold better.
    Now instead they are selling a ARV116 JJ with a toned down topsheet.

    The small turn radius infection is happening everywhere, I might buy a QST118 in spite of the new ski with a 18m radius.

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    1,131
    Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    So finally a gripwalk sole on the krypton, but tech inserts with no walk mode?

    Don't they already have that with the Lupo HD?

    This version is just taking business from the CAST boys.

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Don't they already have that with the Lupo HD?

    This version is just taking business from the CAST boys.
    So...... currently the Kryptons needed a redesign to accommodate the Gripwalk sole & there are few freaks who want more pow out of the Lupo HD cuff...

    Both Jake from Moment & I separately FrankenBooted a Lupo HD clog & SP/Krypton cuff.....

    Guess DMV had same idea.

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    voting in seattle
    Posts
    4,495
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Don't they already have that with the Lupo HD?

    This version is just taking business from the CAST boys.
    The CAST boys need to license their concept to look and cash out.

    Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    So...... currently the Kryptons needed a redesign to accommodate the Gripwalk sole & there are few freaks who want more pow out of the Lupo HD cuff...

    Both Jake from Moment & I separately FrankenBooted a Lupo HD clog & SP/Krypton cuff.....

    Guess DMV had same idea.
    You aren’t the only ones to do this.

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    151
    The guys at cast don’t even like doing boot conversions, they’re messy and time consuming and expensive if they fuck it up and they already have enough on their plates with trying to get production for the freetour done on time.

    I think the new krypton with a tech fitting if pretty cool for resort side country and getting to big lines. I know blake wilson has been putting krypton cuffs on lupos for many years.

    Also good to hear from GregL about the quantums frees, any chance you have spent time in the lupo air and can compare? Also can you confirm or deny the existence of the lupo air in next years line?

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    西 雅 圖
    Posts
    4,136
    Quote Originally Posted by madriverfreeride View Post
    Also good to hear from GregL about the quantums frees, any chance you have spent time in the lupo air and can compare? Also can you confirm or deny the existence of the lupo air in next years line?
    Haven't skied the Lupo Air, and though I didn't ask specifically about it, it is missing from the catalog.

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rossland BC
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    They don't think the person who gets it will be touring far.
    Mounting Shifts on one’s regular skis creates all sorts of opportunities for short and occasional “tours”. I’d choose tech toe fittings in my next hill boots.

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    THOR-Foothills
    Posts
    5,751
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    What does a 130 flex even feel like?
    It's kind of like what blue smells like.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Fish
    Posts
    3,544
    Wasatch, anymore pics? Stoked to see these.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

    Formerly Rludes025

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    528
    That light-ish dalbello is a bit interesting just because I love boots with that ankle buckle. Also curious how it skis.

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    6,503
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    it is that time of year:

    Liberty 2022
    Scarpa 2022
    SkiTrab 2022

    Zuzupopo has also published a bunch of snowboard brands' lineups for 2022, including LibTech, Gnu, Rome, Roxy and Allian.
    Looks like they brought the old F1 back with no changes? And kept the new F1 LT the same as well? I was hoping for a "new" F1, same weight range, little stiffer, and a more reasonable forward lean. Or a lighter Maestrale.

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    西 雅 圖
    Posts
    4,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    It's kind of like what blue smells like.
    An old Lange ZA?

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Driggs
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Looks like they brought the old F1 back with no changes? And kept the new F1 LT the same as well? I was hoping for a "new" F1, same weight range, little stiffer, and a more reasonable forward lean. Or a lighter Maestrale.
    Agreed.

    I mean, I'm kinda glad they didn't change up the F1 LT since I just bought a pair last week, but I was hoping for a lighter or at least tweaked Maestrale and a more competitive F1.

    Seems like the one new hype Scarpa product is that Alien 4.0 which probably will run like $3k

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    335
    If Scarpa combined the F1 lower and Maestrale-style upper with a real buckle and a power strap they would have a winner

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,202
    Greg- how does fit feel on the new dalbello free boot?
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

    fuck that noise.

    gmen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •