Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    What does a 130 flex even feel like?

Depends...

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Some Dalbello 2022 product, Men's boots are 27.5, Women's 25.5:

Attachment 358865
    So finally a gripwalk sole on the krypton, but tech inserts with no walk mode?

I heard 4FRNT is working on a park focused ski they'll call the Switch, kinda like the old Switchblade.

Fuck DPS for ruining the only cool ski they still make. 19m turn radius? Can people stop skiing 118m skis on groomers, sheesh

142/118/130 @ 176cm
    143/118/132 @ 184cm
    145/118/133 @ 189cm

The newly designed Koala 118 is an entirely fresh shape that places increased emphasis on the freestyle fun factor, while providing plenty of stability and edgehold. Let the whole mountain become your powder playground with its 19m turn radius, deep rocker lines, and a softer, more progressive flex pattern than its predecessor. Enjoy buttering and spinning off your favorite features as you link together as many hits as possible on a pow day

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	367F2A18-89D6-43B6-8BEF-6E5DB289CA86.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	358905

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Fuck DPS for ruining the only cool ski they still make. 19m turn radius? Can people stop skiing 118m skis on groomers, sheesh

142/118/130 @ 176cm
    143/118/132 @ 184cm
    145/118/133 @ 189cm

The newly designed Koala 118 is an entirely fresh shape that places increased emphasis on the freestyle fun factor, while providing plenty of stability and edgehold. Let the whole mountain become your powder playground with its 19m turn radius, deep rocker lines, and a softer, more progressive flex pattern than its predecessor. Enjoy buttering and spinning off your favorite features as you link together as many hits as possible on a pow day

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	367F2A18-89D6-43B6-8BEF-6E5DB289CA86.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	358905
    leave it to dps to do exactly that. sounds like they also dumbed the ski down a fair bit. what a shame.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

DPS' mission is to sell as many $1200 skis as possible, and they realized that making an all-mountain ski is the best way to do that. Shame. I'll be there on my reverse sidecut skis on a powder day and you can tell me how great your skis are on groomers.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    They don't think the person who gets it will be touring far.

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    Obviously carpet testing isn’t very accurate , but do they seem anywhere close to a 130 flex as advertised?
    Straight up resistance in the first 10-15 degrees seems in line with some of the softer "130" flex boots I've seen, how predictably the resistance will ramp up and what the "stop" at the limit will be like remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    leave it to dps to do exactly that. sounds like they also dumbed the ski down a fair bit. what a shame.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    All they needed to sell more of that ski was a less lame topsheet. Even that new topsheet would have sold better.
    Now instead they are selling a ARV116 JJ with a toned down topsheet.

The small turn radius infection is happening everywhere, I might buy a QST118 in spite of the new ski with a 18m radius.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post

Don't they already have that with the Lupo HD?

This version is just taking business from the CAST boys.

So...... currently the Kryptons needed a redesign to accommodate the Gripwalk sole & there are few freaks who want more pow out of the Lupo HD cuff...

Both Jake from Moment & I separately FrankenBooted a Lupo HD clog & SP/Krypton cuff.....

Guess DMV had same idea.

The CAST boys need to license their concept to look and cash out.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    So...... currently the Kryptons needed a redesign to accommodate the Gripwalk sole & there are few freaks who want more pow out of the Lupo HD cuff...

Both Jake from Moment & I separately FrankenBooted a Lupo HD clog & SP/Krypton cuff.....

Guess DMV had same idea.
    You aren’t the only ones to do this.

The guys at cast don’t even like doing boot conversions, they’re messy and time consuming and expensive if they fuck it up and they already have enough on their plates with trying to get production for the freetour done on time.

I think the new krypton with a tech fitting if pretty cool for resort side country and getting to big lines. I know blake wilson has been putting krypton cuffs on lupos for many years.

Also good to hear from GregL about the quantums frees, any chance you have spent time in the lupo air and can compare? Also can you confirm or deny the existence of the lupo air in next years line?

Quote Originally Posted by madriverfreeride View Post
    Also good to hear from GregL about the quantums frees, any chance you have spent time in the lupo air and can compare? Also can you confirm or deny the existence of the lupo air in next years line?
    Haven't skied the Lupo Air, and though I didn't ask specifically about it, it is missing from the catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    They don't think the person who gets it will be touring far.
    Mounting Shifts on one’s regular skis creates all sorts of opportunities for short and occasional “tours”. I’d choose tech toe fittings in my next hill boots.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    What does a 130 flex even feel like?
    It's kind of like what blue smells like.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Wasatch, anymore pics? Stoked to see these.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

That light-ish dalbello is a bit interesting just because I love boots with that ankle buckle. Also curious how it skis.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    it is that time of year:

Liberty 2022
    Scarpa 2022
    SkiTrab 2022

Zuzupopo has also published a bunch of snowboard brands' lineups for 2022, including LibTech, Gnu, Rome, Roxy and Allian.
    Looks like they brought the old F1 back with no changes? And kept the new F1 LT the same as well? I was hoping for a "new" F1, same weight range, little stiffer, and a more reasonable forward lean. Or a lighter Maestrale.

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    It's kind of like what blue smells like.
    An old Lange ZA?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Looks like they brought the old F1 back with no changes? And kept the new F1 LT the same as well? I was hoping for a "new" F1, same weight range, little stiffer, and a more reasonable forward lean. Or a lighter Maestrale.
    Agreed.

I mean, I'm kinda glad they didn't change up the F1 LT since I just bought a pair last week, but I was hoping for a lighter or at least tweaked Maestrale and a more competitive F1.

Seems like the one new hype Scarpa product is that Alien 4.0 which probably will run like $3k

If Scarpa combined the F1 lower and Maestrale-style upper with a real buckle and a power strap they would have a winner

Greg- how does fit feel on the new dalbello free boot?
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.