Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jski171 View Post
    What’s the bsl for your size? Wondering if it’s changed from current xt3. Also would you say the forward ROM is much better?
    thanks
    We just got the XT Tour at our shop. The walk mode ROM is exactly the same as the XT3. Both are 53 degrees. Both use the exact same mechanism. Both move the same distance with the liner removed.

Many people are reluctantly saying the ROM is better in the XT tour. I believe this is because of the better articulation in the liner and because the softer shell deforms more and gives the perception of more travel.

The shell is significantly lighter than the XT3.

I fondled the Radical Pro in Bent Gate the other day. Seems like a nice boot if it fits. Holding out hope that new two buckle Fischer or the beefier Dalbello Quantum is a worthy TLT6 replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by V.R.P View Post
    I fondled the Radical Pro in Bent Gate the other day. Seems like a nice boot if it fits. Holding out hope that new two buckle Fischer or the beefier Dalbello Quantum is a worthy TLT6 replacement.
    I've skied the Quantum Asolo Factory and I'd wager a bet the Dalbello Quantum Free will out ski both the Radical Pro and the new Fischer (I used to ski on Travers Carbons). The dual hinge fkn works.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    I've skied the Quantum Asolo Factory and I'd wager a bet the Dalbello Quantum Free will out ski both the Radical Pro and the new Fischer (I used to ski on Travers Carbons). The dual hinge fkn works.
    Norwegian skiing magazine Fri Flyt did a side by side review of the Dalbello Quantom Asolo Factory Free 130 (longest boot name ever?) and Fischer Transalp Pro. Short summary was that the Fischer outskied the Dalbello, more plastic and better/more even distribution of pressure and a more progressive flex gave the Fischer an edge over the Dalbello.
    While the stated ROM was bigger for Fischer (80 degrees) vs Dalbello (65 degrees), the Dalbello actually felt/was better in real life. The hinge in the Dalbello cuff gives better movement both fore and aft. Although both could move equally much forward the Fischer took more effort, and the Dalbello had far better movement backwards, making it a lot better for walking in the flats and the strides more effortless.
    As far as skiing the Dalbellos the hinges in the cuff contributes to make the forward flex somewhat softer, and the liner does not do a very good job at distributing the pressure from the buckles, creating painful pressure points if buckled down tight. Rearward flex is stiff and the boots are tight and precise.

Both boots are said to be best matched to skis around 100 mm waist and bindings in the 200-500 grams range. For good freeride skiers that prefer fatter skis and high speed they might be a bit to weak. But matched to the right skis they may open up for long tours and great experiences all over the mountain.

Do note that all of the above is Fri Flyt's words, not mine. So take it for what its worth. Fri Flyt normally has quite objective and precise tests though,

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    We just got the XT Tour at our shop. The walk mode ROM is exactly the same as the XT3. Both are 53 degrees. Both use the exact same mechanism. Both move the same distance with the liner removed.

Many people are reluctantly saying the ROM is better in the XT tour. I believe this is because of the better articulation in the liner and because the softer shell deforms more and gives the perception of more travel.

The shell is significantly lighter than the XT3.
    Nope. Pull the liners and switch them and the xt pro will still walk better. The xt tour liners are un-useable for me with the shit heel pocket, but I walked with them once. Then switch to the stock xt3 liner. And it walks the same as the tour pro liner and it’s better then my xt3. The pivot is smoother and the walk is way more free.

I agree that is says it’s all the same and the components are all the same, I think it’s the change in plastic that made it better. But the Lange 2022 video also says they improved the walk in the tour pro.

I dunno though. I have 45 days on my xt3 and 15 on my tour pro.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Nope. Pull the liners and switch them and the xt pro will still walk better. The xt tour liners are un-useable for me with the shit heel pocket, but I walked with them once. Then switch to the stock xt3 liner. And it walks the same as the tour pro liner and it’s better then my xt3. The pivot is smoother and the walk is way more free.

I agree that is says it’s all the same and the components are all the same, I think it’s the change in plastic that made it better. But the Lange 2022 video also says they improved the walk in the tour pro.

I dunno though. I have 45 days on my xt3 and 15 on my tour pro.
    Which last XT3 are you in, the standard or the LV? How does the width feel like in the Tour compared to XT3?
    Currently in LV XT Freetours and wondering if I would notice the extra 2mm width in the Tour.
    Thanks!

21/22 Gear Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by scottishrider View Post
    Which last XT3 are you in, the standard or the LV? How does the width feel like in the Tour compared to XT3?
    Currently in LV XT Freetours and wondering if I would notice the extra 2mm width in the Tour.
    Thanks!
    I have a 100 last xt3 that I had to punch a tiny bit on the sixth toe. The xt tour pro I have not had to do any shell work to. Only change has been the liner. There are a lot of people saying the boots are really close to the same. I have not found that to be true at all. I think that the rockered boot board drops the foot lower in the toe box and maybe there is more space where the foot actually rests. I have no idea. But I fully expected to have to punch these and they have been perfect from the start besides the shitty liner.

They do ski just as well as the xt3.

But ya know, some guy fondles them in a shop and reads the manual and he is a pro.

Bump for any on snow feedback re: Radical Pro boots. Pro tours fit like a slipper but just a tad soft for sending.

21/22 Gear Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    Bump for any on snow feedback re: Radical Pro boots. Pro tours fit like a slipper but just a tad soft for sending.
    Hoji’s response re: sendiness: https://www.instagram.com/p/CMKpAb6F...d=w2nqaxyb9gtd

Ok I know it’s Hoji and he weighs like 155, just offering a data point. He’s on Renegades looks like.

It’d be interesting to hear where they land on the spectrum from Pro Tours to the Frees.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by dub_xion View Post
    Hoji’s response re: sendiness: https://www.instagram.com/p/CMKpAb6F...d=w2nqaxyb9gtd

Ok I know it’s Hoji and he weighs like 155, just offering a data point. He’s on Renegades looks like.

It’d be interesting to hear where they land on the spectrum from Pro Tours to the Frees.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Hoji could ski in Blundstones and probably still stomp 30 footers. Such a damn good skier.

I was hoping to fondle the Radical Pro boot since we are bringing in a bunch for next season, but I haven't seen one yet. I'd be curious to read some first impressions.

Looks promising from the clip, although he knows the transitions of pretty much every hit around Sentry. Definitely a very small dude so intrigued to hear reports from people with more mass and leverage...although I can’t imagine someone sending harder on them than that...

I tried to offer as many caveats on that clip as possible ;-)

Picked up a pair of Radical Pros. Carpet tested with one foot in the Radicals and the other In my hoji pro tour prototypes.

Surprised that the Radical has a noticeably softer forward flex with a less precise fit around the ankles (swapped liners to confirm) my guess is the new articulated tongue “pivoting” at the arch far easier than the original forked tongue; negating the thicker/stiffer plastic above it. Instep did seem slightly more relaxed so may be able to squeeze a low volume intuition in there to stiffen them up...something the pro tours don’t allow for.

Hard to comment without trying them on snow. Sled trip and big spring objectives coming up so hoping to test them properly then.

Anyone ski the new cochise 130?

Hoping they fit like the ZG

Looks like Mr Heitz doesn’t like the new XT3, I wonder why he would prefer the old freetour instead?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8AD302A1-0A86-4653-9CA1-94A4EE244510.jpeg 
Views:	302 
Size:	307.7 KB 
ID:	367968

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    Picked up a pair of Radical Pros. Carpet tested with one foot in the Radicals and the other In my hoji pro tour prototypes.

Surprised that the Radical has a noticeably softer forward flex with a less precise fit around the ankles (swapped liners to confirm) my guess is the new articulated tongue “pivoting” at the arch far easier than the original forked tongue; negating the thicker/stiffer plastic above it. Instep did seem slightly more relaxed so may be able to squeeze a low volume intuition in there to stiffen them up...something the pro tours don’t allow for.

Hard to comment without trying them on snow. Sled trip and big spring objectives coming up so hoping to test them properly then.
    Would you say the ankle is significantly more voluminous, or just slightly? I’d be interested to see if they stiffen significantly when cold, seems like being rated at 120 instead of 130 would indicate that they should only be slightly softer than the pro tour and free.

Definitely noticeable. Most prominent with lateral movement. Thought they had the same flex as the Pro Tours but def of the softer side...still need to put them on snow so could ski better.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Anyone ski the new cochise 130?
    Hoping they fit like the ZG
    X2

Looks like Mr Heitz doesn’t like the new XT3, I wonder why he would prefer the old freetour instead?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8AD302A1-0A86-4653-9CA1-94A4EE244510.jpeg 
Views:	302 
Size:	307.7 KB 
ID:	367968
    without touching it, I'd bet that boot is the freeride athletes version of a plug boot built for him with different plastics, nice catch, i haven't seen one since Ducroz and Roner had weird one offs
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    without touching it, I'd bet that boot is the freeride athletes version of a plug boot built for him with different plastics, nice catch, i haven't seen one since Ducroz and Roner had weird one offs
    I would pay so much money for that boot gosh, I bet it skis awesome if it’s fully PU.

That could make sense because it seems like sam anthamatten has finally moved on from the ghosts he and heitz had specially made for them to also using the freetour, maybe they both got a special boot. Atleast they both have a walkmode now haha.

Why would it have his signature if it’s a one-off and not his pro model?

21/22 Gear Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Why would it have his signature if it’s a one-off and not his pro model?
    Because it would never sell at retail.

He’s not MJ.

Boot companies need to make real boots with walk modes. Don’t make any sacrifices. I have not had a single customer ask how much a boot weighs in two years.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    Boot companies need to make real boots with walk modes. Don’t make any sacrifices. I have not had a single customer ask how much a boot weighs in two years.
    Lupo HD is close, not quite, but close.

I would pay so much money for that boot gosh, I bet it skis awesome if it’s fully PU.

That could make sense because it seems like sam anthamatten has finally moved on from the ghosts he and heitz had specially made for them to also using the freetour, maybe they both got a special boot. Atleast they both have a walkmode now haha.
    Couldn’t agree more. If this boot is actually a plug pu boot with a walk mode I’d at least pay retail for it. I’ve stared at my Dobermans dreaming of a way to put an walk mode on them. Don’t need much ROM. I know there’s a market for this but boot companies keep pushing light fit like a bucket boots in touring market.