Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by evo View Post
    Alright folks, we have our 2022 ski gear preview live now.
    We got as many brands in as we could, more to come as we chase down the details and photos.
    https://www.evo.com/discover/ski/gear-preview

Snowboard gear preview will be online soon, too.
    Thanks!

Question 1; LibTechs - is it their rep who doesn't provide you with info on the 2022 products or do you just rate them so poorly that you can't be arsed to write anything about them? I ask as the same thing happened last year - picture with zero info, something that struck me as extremely odd. I just don't get how they are included, yet not included if you get what I mean.

Question 2: M-Frees - what lenghts are the 99s, 108s and 118s offered in for the 2022 season?

Thanks again!

XT3 Tour Pro looks great 1300g, 55 degree ROM 130 flex. Sign me up. Anyone seen them or skied them?
    Last edited by mff353; 02-03-2021 at 04:08 PM.

If the XT3 Tour Pro fits like an XT3 LV I'd gladly ditch my Hawx and buy both those Langes for a 2 boot quiver

How is the Lupo Mx 120 anything to be stoked over- just don’t get it? A tongue less bucket boot?

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Thanks!

Question 1; LibTechs - is it their rep who doesn't provide you with info on the 2022 products or do you just rate them so poorly that you can't be arsed to write anything about them? I ask as the same thing happened last year - picture with zero info, something that struck me as extremely odd. I just don't get how they are included, yet not included if you get what I mean.

Question 2: M-Frees - what lenghts are the 99s, 108s and 118s offered in for the 2022 season?

Thanks again!
    Oh man, wish the 108's came in 185/6. What a great looking ski!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Learned from someone who demoed the MFree 99 that it will come in 171cm, 179cm and 185cm. Dimensions are 128/99/120.

Would love to know radius(guessing 20ish m) and weight(guessing 2050 grams?) in the 185cm.

Another who would love a 186/188cm MFree 108!!

https://youtu.be/VX0TNcHSKPo

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    No. Sidecut is sidecut with or without taper.

As speed increases we have two options—
    A) carve to slarve
    B) slarve to carve

A) on a low radius ski we can easily carve at low speeds. This is the ski’s sweet-spot. As speed increases we have to release the sidecut and force a slarve. This is painful and hooky.

B) on a high radius ski we can easily slarve at low speeds. As speed increases we can enter the sidecut and let it carve. This is the ski’s sweet-spot.

Low radius = a low speed sweet spot.
    High radius = a high speed sweet spot.

So— how fun is your ski when it’s not in its sweet-spot?

Low radius skis are only fun when going slow. They suck at slarving high speeds.

High radius skis are kinda fun slarving low speeds. They’re awesome at arcing high speeds.

All any designer did with a high taper ski is set the release points closer to my foot. I still have to release it when going slow (low radius) or when going fast (high radius.)

This is why the Renegade, Protest, and Billy Goat are such coveted powder skis.

If you’ve never experienced a long radius powder ski, please do so. The naïveté is palpable.
    yes, but also no, but also yes, but also no. It depends on the ski and conditions.
    No longer stuck.

yes, but also no, but also yes, but also no. It depends on the ski and conditions.
    And the skier.....
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    Learned from someone who demoed the MFree 99 that it will come in 171cm, 179cm and 185cm. Dimensions are 128/99/120.

Would love to know radius(guessing 20ish m) and weight(guessing 2050 grams?) in the 185cm.

Another who would love a 186/188cm MFree 108!!

https://youtu.be/VX0TNcHSKPo
    crap, I just had the 185s here, the radius on the 179 is 17, so lets say 18/19 for the 185?
    i will say they ski way shorter than their length, can we get a 190 something please?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by mff353 View Post
    XT3 Tour Pro looks great 1300g, 55 degree ROM 130 flex. Sign me up. Anyone seen them or skied them?
    Freeskier’s post on IG has them at 1520G, 54 degrees (with buckles open), seems like a crowded segment.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sorry if already asked but does the new lease xt3 have replaceable soles? Looks iffy from pics

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    And the skier.....
    Or course!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan.Tyler View Post
    Freeskier’s post on IG has them at 1520G, 54 degrees (with buckles open), seems like a crowded segment.

Evo is claiming 1300g, so not really sure. If it is that heavy, why did they even bother. might as well get a zero g.

Sorry if already asked but does the new lease xt3 have replaceable soles? Looks iffy from pics
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LangeXT3Tour_1.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	628.0 KB 
ID:	361160

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan.Tyler View Post
    From the Freeskier article: "Out here in the West, most people are not touring on an 80-millimeter-waist, ultralight ski like they do in Europe and in other places,”

With those buckles, looks like they assume bc skiers in NA don't hike through scree fields, either.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    crap, I just had the 185s here, the radius on the 179 is 17, so lets say 18/19 for the 185?
    i will say they ski way shorter than their length, can we get a 190 something please?
    That’s the opposite problem with the 108 with nothing between 182cm and 192cm but I might just go a bit forward on the 192cm being 175lbs and liking moguls.

Curious the weight on the MFree 99 if you still have the shorter 179cm one around. Can just deduct binding weight if they are mounted. Probably 19m on the 185cm I bet then.

Know this probably should go in the Dynastar thread but will there still be the 192 LP 105 model (insert new name here)

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by mff353 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LangeXT3Tour_1.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	628.0 KB 
ID:	361160
    So no..?

So no..?
    does not look like it. looks to be a whole new sole with integrated vibram. same as hoji, zerog

So no..?
    No. Kinda funny because the only bindings Look offers that are compatible are the assorted HM and Superlite (re-branded Dynafits).

For me it's about replacing the soles due to them getting destroyed by the sled. They only last a season typically.

Well, technically that sole is still replaceable. It's just not screwed on nor swappable with other norms.

Quote Originally Posted by onenerdykid View Post
    Well, technically that sole is still replaceable. It's just not screwed on nor swappable with other norms.
    The question is whether our local cobbler will stock the soles like he does Atomic XTD and Backland ones . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    The question is whether our local cobbler will stock the soles like he does Atomic XTD and Backland ones . . .
    Dave Page? That is good to know.

Not liking this whole lack of DIN soles thing. It's like they took a page from the mountain bike industry.
    "Oh, you have skis and bindings that are more than 2 years old? Get fucked."
    No longer stuck.