Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
    Good intel - thanks Melee and MD12 - much appreciated.

Fritschi Tecton Carbon? 2022

Anyone heard if we are getting a lighter fritschi tecton (carbon) this year? Theres pictures on Freize Alpin, cant seem to post a link...

is that so? Interesting. Screen shot?

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    is that so? Interesting. Screen shot?
    TGR not letting me post url's or images... Google this and you should find the article: Neue Fritschi Tecton 12 für 2021/22 angekündigt!

Claimed weight of 550g.

https://freizeitalpin.com/52378/neue...2-angekuendigt

Not seeing a posted weight but 550g with tecton performance would be interesting to me for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by nellyp View Post
    TGR not letting me post url's or images... Google this and you should find the article: Neue Fritschi Tecton 12 für 2021/22 angekündigt!

Claimed weight of 550g.
    https://info.fritschi.swiss/medien-collection-21/22

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The stated weight of the original Tecton is 550 grams as well, but in reality it's closer to 680 grams with brakes. Will be interesting to see actual weights of this new carbon version.

ahahaha - those videos are awesome Adrgha, nice find! Techno, assembly + machines and big wig presenters who are so woefully unprepared and unfamiliar with the script as to come across as genuine. Brilliant!

That they still present the silly color clips as a feature says a lot about us as customers I guess

https://vimeo.com/497944414/13a85d292e

https://vimeo.com/503025546/7985ef8c4d

As for the claimed weights, the last time I checked my Vipec Evos were approx 600gr w/brake a piece, not 500 - so the new Tecton Carbon should be more like 650 when everything is said and done. Still, pretty impressive for the punch and performance that they pack.

Those colour clips are ridiculous

It seemed like they were saying the carbon would be more durable, they weren't really pushing the lower weight angle.

This thread was entertaining

Heard on one of the Blister podcasts that the Booster Strap patent expires sometime in 2021; anyone seen any boots coming stock with elasticized straps?

Quote Originally Posted by dub_xion View Post
    Heard on one of the Blister podcasts that the Booster Strap patent expires sometime in 2021; anyone seen any boots coming stock with elasticized straps?

So far just the Head Raptor that I've seen, but they've been doing that with Booster licensing for a while.

Atomic Professional line has new boots, liners and a dual strap for next year. Injected liners and Dual Strap available on their own next season. Think it was $80 US for the strap. One part of the strap for the liner and one on the shell.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40B883E9-0BC4-4C1D-A4CF-D74F969E71D1.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	555.3 KB 
ID:	373689

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    Atomic Professional line has new boots, liners and a dual strap for next year. Injected liners and Dual Strap available on their own next season. Think it was $80 US for the strap. One part of the strap for the liner and one on the shell.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40B883E9-0BC4-4C1D-A4CF-D74F969E71D1.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	555.3 KB 
ID:	373689

These have been around for a while, PM if ya want to buy one from me.

Not the same as the existing Dual Strap from them as this now uses elastic like the Booster and can even regulate the amount of give on them before they resist. Think I’ll replace my booster with them this Fall.

Talks about the new version of the Dual Strap at the 1:11 mark.

https://blisterreview.com/podcasts/a-very-deep-dive-on-ski-boots-part-5-heel-pockets-tongue-volume-atomics-new-hawx-ultra-professional-liners-dual-strap-ep-132

It looks like the new Krypton with tech fittings doesn't have a removable tongue. That seems like a big oversight.

Any tips on swapping out the tongue attachment piece to make it removable. I tried last year with no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    It looks like the new Krypton with tech fittings doesn't have a removable tongue. That seems like a big oversight.

Any tips on swapping out the tongue attachment piece to make it removable. I tried last year with no luck.
    If you can get the pieces from a Lupo, the Lupo metal tongue attachment piece will fit on the Krypton. The attachment at the boot is the same design.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    If you can get the pieces from a Lupo, the Lupo metal tongue attachment piece will fit on the Krypton. The attachment at the boot is the same design.
    Any tips on how to get those plastic clips to release so you can change the plastic inset piece?

School me on the gains by removing the tongue on a boot with no walk mode. Besides losing a few grams on the feet on the up. Wouldn't the foot just become very loose in the boot during strides?

Any tips on how to get those plastic clips to release so you can change the plastic inset piece?
    Borrow your sister’s hair dryer.

Quote Originally Posted by waxoff View Post
    School me on the gains by removing the tongue on a boot with no walk mode. Besides losing a few grams on the feet on the up. Wouldn't the foot just become very loose in the boot during strides?
    Because the upper cuff is not attached to the lower clog on a dalbello, removing the tongue would give you nearly as much forward range of motion as their touring boots. The walk mode only increases the rearward range of motion. Rearward ROM really comes into play on long flat tours. If you don't typically tour on that type of terrain, the forward ROM is the important one. A lot of people break the walk mode on Lupo's. The Krypton can now be the do everything boot for those people.

As for looseness, it's exactly the same as the Lupo. The ankle strap can hold your foot down.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Borrow your sister’s hair dryer.
    How'd you know I'm bald? Thanks.

Because the upper cuff is not attached to the lower clog on a dalbello, removing the tongue would give you nearly as much forward range of motion as their touring boots.

As for looseness, it's exactly the same as the Lupo. The ankle strap can hold your foot down.
    I beg to differ. The middle buckle on Kryptons are riveted trough both the upper cuff and the lowers, restricting any swivelling around the main pivot. This is something that becomes clear when trying to add the larger forward lean shim at the back of Kryptons, it takes some real effort to get that in place. If the upper cuff had forward freedom of motion, swapping forward lean shims would be a walk in the park. Check again!