Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    new voile strapXdynafit collab binding! Lightest in the game, skis better than your look pivots. The revolution is here!

Attachment 356785
    Improved elasticity in the toe.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    How do the lupo air skiing? I'm more interested in the downhill performance. I ski the Technica zero g pro, and they ski well.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    From the few reviews I've seen the Lupo Air doesn't ski all that great, likely not up to the level of the Zero G. I love the way my Lupo 130Cs ski, but they're a much beefier boot than the Zero G.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    so when does new stuff get announced this year, as I'm assuming no tradeshows?
    more importantly... when does this year's stuff go on sale?
    I've mounted some "next year gear" already, in our world no trade show or on snow demo so reps are actually going to have to earn their commission this year.
    Suppliers are telling us to not expect a lot of graphic changes.

That Lange touring boot is the shit.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I thought next year gear was all gonna be the same as this years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Lange XT3 pro tour, full rubber sole?

Wonder how light it is

Attachment 357224
    "With the success of our XTFree then XT3 lines, we've now taken this opportunity to make them uglier."

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    "With the success of our XTFree then XT3 lines, we've now taken this opportunity to make them uglier." I wish there were sparkles and a unicorn print on the side.
    I think your wife hijacked your acct and is talking about looks instead of performance.

New head kore 111

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ81cB1h...d=txc2ecc0k4ck

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Found this Quantum 130 Free for sale in Norway I think?... I mean 1260 grams, kingpin compatible and a decent flex? Sign me up!

https://braasport.no/produkter/quant...ssian-blue-red

More info about the new Dalbello Quantum Free, you can download a press release, pics, video. 1250 grams for the Factory 130.

https://www.mdvsports.com/press/quantum-free/

New Kore 111

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	487811E9-ADC5-41D4-A59C-F960658BBEF4.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	144.2 KB 
ID:	357498

Quote Originally Posted by poleplant View Post
    New head kore 111

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ81cB1h...d=txc2ecc0k4ck

mount point looks more progressive vs current Kore line
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Gotta say I’m disappointed (though logically not surprised) to see that weight spec on the new Quantum. What exactly is the point of that boot when Scarpa and Atomic are doing basically the same thing a few hundred grams lighter?

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    Gotta say I’m disappointed (though logically not surprised) to see that weight spec on the new Quantum. What exactly is the point of that boot when Scarpa and Atomic are doing basically the same thing a few hundred grams lighter?
    I think that depends on the flex, and how it actually skis. The name of the boot implies it has a 130 flex, which obviously is highly subjective. This would be about the same weight as the Scarpa F1, which they call a 95 flex. Yes, the F1 LT is much lighter, and oddly is given a 100 flex but from reports I've read is softer than the F1 (but I haven't skied it). I dont think the Atomic Backland is very stiff. So if it actually skis like a 130 flex, it would probably be the lightest boot in that class, which is probably the Zero G now.

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    I think that depends on the flex, and how it actually skis. The name of the boot implies it has a 130 flex, which obviously is highly subjective. This would be about the same weight as the Scarpa F1, which they call a 95 flex. Yes, the F1 LT is much lighter, and oddly is given a 100 flex but from reports I've read is softer than the F1 (but I haven't skied it). I dont think the Atomic Backland is very stiff. So if it actually skis like a 130 flex, it would probably be the lightest boot in that class, which is probably the Zero G now.
    By all accounts the Lupo Air, also listed as a 130, is about a 100 in real life. I can’t imagine the new Quantum exceeding that.

Another Head Athlete posted the Core 103.

If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

That Kore 111 looks fun. Might be a great midwinter tourer with as light as the Kore construction is.

I’m wishing Black Crows would give us a touring version of the stiff, flat/rocker, long radius Corvus that comes in around 1750g (only 250 less than the piste version). Their current revision of the Corvus Freebird is still cambered and much softer flex and nothing in their touring lineup is flat rockered and stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    New Kore 111

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	487811E9-ADC5-41D4-A59C-F960658BBEF4.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	144.2 KB 
ID:	357498
    Hell yeah. A k111 makes total sense. K105 to 117 is to big of a gap. Love the Kore series. Funny every one comments on how light they are but fyi, the R11 is lighter than the K117.

What’s the deal with the new Atomic Maverick?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    What’s the deal with the new Atomic Maverick?
    https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...ick-maven-skis

Pretty meh if you ask me, but I'm not the target rider at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BskiP View Post
    Found this Quantum 130 Free for sale in Norway I think?... I mean 1260 grams, kingpin compatible and a decent flex? Sign me up!

https://braasport.no/produkter/quant...ssian-blue-red
    What does it do that a zero g doesn’t do? 40g weight difference. Zero g looks, feels and acts like an overlap boot. That’s a big plus IMO.

So this is 40g lighter and has better ROM.
    For some, that would be enough to switch? Definitely good to have another burly boot around this weight class that can (hopefully) drive bigger skis. Maybe will attract some would be zero g buyers. The blue is nice...

I just don’t see it quite fitting? Too burly/heavy/stuff to really be a mountaineering boot. Too much like a mountaineering boot to drive freeride skis.

Who wants one? Where do you see it fitting in?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    What does it do that a zero g doesn’t do? 40g weight difference. Zero g looks, feels and acts like an overlap boot. That’s a big plus IMO.

So this is 40g lighter and has better ROM.
    For some, that would be enough to switch? Definitely good to have another burly boot around this weight class that can (hopefully) drive bigger skis. Maybe will attract some would be zero g buyers. The blue is nice...

I just don’t see it quite fitting? Too burly/heavy/stuff to really be a mountaineering boot. Too much like a mountaineering boot to drive freeride skis.

Who wants one? Where do you see it fitting in?
    Well the zero G doesn’t fit some people’s feet, this boot will presumably have a slightly different fit so will just be another option.

Considering the claimed weight on the lupo air is 1300 grams I really don’t understand how the quantum free and lupo air fit into the same product line, but maybe the quantum will just be the lower volume option if it keeps the 99mm last the current quantum has. I’ve been told you can’t punch the quantum factory, if that is true for the free that would be a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Jeebus. The lupo pro HD is
    It needs to be GREEN. There can be only one.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...ick-maven-skis

Pretty meh if you ask me, but I'm not the target rider at all.
    So just a new Vantage line.

Quote Originally Posted by madriverfreeride View Post
    Well the zero G doesn’t fit some people’s feet, this boot will presumably have a slightly different fit so will just be another option.

Considering the claimed weight on the lupo air is 1300 grams I really don’t understand how the quantum free and lupo air fit into the same product line, but maybe the quantum will just be the lower volume option if it keeps the 99mm last the current quantum has. I’ve been told you can’t punch the quantum factory, if that is true for the free that would be a bummer.
    My guess is that the Lupo Air is either on its way out (and only still in the line to get rid of excess inventory), or it will get beefed up next year (ladder buckles, improved flex, etc.)

Regardless of what Dalbello does, I'm just generally skeptical that you'll ever get anything resembling a 130 flex cabrio boot without a tongue. The vast majority of the flex of any boot, cabrio or overlap, is driven by pushing against and deforming the front of the boot (the tongue or overlap, respectively.) I am not an ME, but I don't see any way similar flex properties can be achieved by essentially pulling against the back of the boot, as all of these tongue-less boots do.

That's not to say there's not a place for them. If I were to build a lightweight setup today the Scarpa F1 series and the Atomic Backland series are the first places I'd look, but let's stop pretending they're 130 flex boots.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    It needs to be GREEN. There can be only one.
    This