Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    Ski sales are forecasted to be down 50% this year in Europe (key market for the big boyz) so 21/22 will be interesting to launch new models.
    I’m being told that there will be a lot of carryover product from 19/20 to 20/21. Expect less updated products, and many of this years colorways and top sheets will return next year so that unsold product can still be current next season.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    I’m being told that there will be a lot of carryover product from 19/20 to 20/21. Expect less updated products, and many of this years colorways and top sheets will return next year so that unsold product can still be current next season.
    Yup. And Dynastar destroying more skis so ski shops aren’t screwed
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

So I should buy my shitty gear this year so at least it won’t be next years shitty gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    So I should buy my shitty gear this year so at least it won’t be next years shitty gear?
    Even better, you can buy next year’s shitty gear now!

Even better, you can buy next year’s shitty gear now!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	354259

21/22 Gear Rumors

^^^
    My guess is it’s due to the fact that ski resorts in NA are full steam ahead and they’re closed in most of Europe

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Picked up my Elan Ripstick 88 groomer zoomers last night from my rep, and he said that the "black edition" will be back again next year, but instead of 2 carbon rods, they'll have 4! Can't wait to get on those next year! If it makes as big a difference as adding the carbon layer on the inside edge did for this year's, they're gonna be amazing!
    Is next season's black edition limited to the Elan Ripstick 88 or will the 96 and 106 Ripsticks also have black editions?

Outdoor Wear And Luxury Fashion Team Up With The North Face And Gucci Collaborating In The Spirit Of Exploration

"The semi-circular logo with three lines of The North Face have been extended to fit the famed Milanese luxury House’s name, Gucci underneath."

Register for early access to the line: https://www.gucci.com/us/en/st/the-north-face-register

Name:  960x0.jpg
Views: 5835
Size:  101.5 KB

Views: 5473
Size:  98.8 KB

I'll see myself out...
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 12-25-2020 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by been in it View Post
    New Scarpa tele boots hopefully. TTS, Light weight and increased ROM. All of which should make them comparable to current alpine touring boots.
    I’m getting sick of this rumor. Scarpa rep at a demo event a couple of years back described the boot and said Maybe out in 19/20 season. Then last winter someone else at Scarpa said he’d skied the proto, basically final, and available for this season. Since the tele market can’t manage to have a decent modern boot to work with the Lynx tech binding, I’ve given up and expanded my AT quiver instead.

21/22 Gear Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Outdoor Wear And Luxury Fashion Team Up With The North Face And Gucci Collaborating In The Spirit Of Exploration

"The semi-circular logo with three lines of The North Face have been extended to fit the famed Milanese luxury House’s name, Gucci underneath."

Views: 5473
Size:  98.8 KB

I'll see myself out...
    What the hell?!?

I guess since it is 2020, that was what TNF execs thought...”What the hell!”
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Chubb View Post
    Is next season's black edition limited to the Elan Ripstick 88 or will the 96 and 106 Ripsticks also have black editions?
    It will come in the 96 and 106.
    Gravity. It's the law.

That North Face add pic, WTF! Warm enough for shorts but so cold you also need a giant puffy as well as a backpack AND a “satchel” ffs. 🤦♂️

I need a gif of Tim Durstchi dropping a flying burrito accurately enough to take out all 3 of these idiots in a single move with the saga logo overlooking the scene.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

The chick in the middle is very organic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    What the hell?!?

I guess since it is 2020, that was what TNF execs thought...”What the hell!”
    Get the boat, Noah.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    I want whatever they are on. They look high as a kite. Not at all aware of what the hell they are wearing.

Can we just move on from this fucking TNF add? I'm trying everything but I can't un-see it. That freakish image is getting burned into my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post

I need a gif of Tim Durstchi dropping a flying burrito accurately enough to take out all 3 of these idiots in a single move with the saga logo overlooking the scene.
    lmaooooooo that is all time marketing dissonance, embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    I want whatever they are on. They look high as a kite. Not at all aware of what the hell they are wearing.
    Im thinking high grade liquid lsd straight to the eye. Looks like a good time. I’d skip around in the woods dressed like that on some high grade and not give a fuuuuuck.

Mantra M6.

I hope they didn’t drop as much weight as it looks like they did...shape looks good.

https://gearjunkie.com/volkl-mantra-m6-ski-2021

they look very promising indeed.

hm, so 70gr off the big boi 191 length? That is not a lot, especially if most of it is the very tips or whatnot.

sure look pretty though

Name:	Voelkl-Piste-AllMountain-Mantra_M6-Syo_van_Vliet-BeautiFULL_Send-2122-HR-20044.jpg 
Views:	506 
Size:	825.1 KB 
ID:	356394Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mantra-m6-specs.jpg 
Views:	498 
Size:	348.4 KB 
ID:	356396

Name:	mantra-m6-secret-96.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	222.3 KB 
ID:	356395

these videos are kinda nice too - if a bit contrived. They were posted in this preview, then went on to MDV USA's Vimeo to link directly.
    Tailored titanal
    Tailored carbon fiber placement:
    3d radius explained
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 01-05-2021 at 12:47 PM. Reason: added videos and link to preview

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Mantra M6.

I hope they didn’t drop as much weight as it looks like they did...shape looks good.

https://gearjunkie.com/volkl-mantra-m6-ski-2021
    With the severe overlap between the current M5 and M102, I like what I see so far of the new M6. It seems like they are chasing the Enforcer 100 crowd. The two challenges with the Enforcer are that (1) it’s accessibility comes at the expense of a lower top end and (2) it likes to stay in its turn radius, which can feel small. Curious about the M6’s top end with the weight saving features, but the 3D sidecut/multi-radius should take care of #2 based on my experience with the M102.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Didn't see link above.
    Click. Point. Chute.

M6 looks and sounds like it skis exactly like the M5 with a little freshened up window dressing. Yawn. Old M5 was stupid easy to ski, don't see why they had to make it easier unless fat skis have really made everyone suck at skiing.

The tail looks pretty different to me also some early taper.

I’m guessing it will be subtle changes that lead to a substantive change.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    M6 looks and sounds like it skis exactly like the M5 with a little freshened up window dressing. Yawn. Old M5 was stupid easy to ski, don't see why they had to make it easier unless fat skis have really made everyone suck at skiing.