I'm in Aspen with an Ikon pass, worth the drive to Copper?

I'm sure I could search, and spend a while comparing copper's trail report to their trail map to see whats open there, and not cunt up this forum with a useless thread, but I'm burying my father today and i am just going to expect the universe perhaps revolve around me in this one small way.

Anyone been to copper in the last few days? They have anything open you can go fast on? Crowds, lines? It's tempting to swing by Copper before heading back home to southern utah but Aspen has been pretty good considering, so if copper is just mellow cruisers I think I might skip it.

Thanks.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Vibes man.

I'd skip it. They are on parking reservations only. The near future in the desert looks awesome. I'd go get lost out there. I hope you find peace.

Spare yourself the drive, there's nothing worthwhile you can get right now at Copper right now that you aren't finding in Aspen. Sorry for your loss.

Thats what I thought. Thanks guys, for info and vibes. Skiing is healing. Grateful for that.

Also, in this day in age, with all the technology we have, why are snow reports and trail maps still two separate things? We can't have a color coded trail map that shows what's open/groomed instead of having to go back and forth between the snow/trail report and trail map?

Some mag should make some money off that idea.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Walshes was prime today., Highlands opens tomorrow, along with the Dumps.

Is the skiing here to difficult?

+++vibes+++
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I’m sorry to hear about your dad. If there’s anything I can do don’t hesitate to reach out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Skip it
    Early season Aspen when its firing is titties and the drive home (lotta years between UT and RFV) will be so much better, especially if any weather at all.
    Sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post

Yea, I didn't explain that great. No, I just have a ikon base pass, so no Aspen. A friend was nice enough to give me a couple vouchers. I'm using the second one tomorrow, headed to aspen. Orange helmet, legend 105s. May or may not be wearing a north face pack vest contraption thing. The question of copper was just about adding an extra day or two there before heading back to UT.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    I’m sorry to hear about your dad. If there’s anything I can do don’t hesitate to reach out.
    Thanks brother. Can't think of anything unless you have godlike powers to change the transient nature of existence, but short of that, we should make some turns together again sometime, maybe be back to climb some mountains this spring.

Bwah!

I'll offer the counterpoint to the general consensus on Copper. Sierra chair is slated as "Expected" and I have found that one to be pretty fun early season.

That said, I'm probably not going to Copper until after Christmas. I felt a little crowded at Winter Park this week...

Very sorry for your loss, Leroy Jenkins.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Yea, I didn't explain that great. No, I just have a ikon base pass, so no Aspen. A friend was nice enough to give me a couple vouchers. I'm using the second one tomorrow, headed to aspen. Orange helmet, legend 105s. May or may not be wearing a north face pack vest contraption thing. The question of copper was just about adding an extra day or two there before heading back to UT.

Thanks brother. Can't think of anything unless you have godlike powers to change the transient nature of existence, but short of that, we should make some turns together again sometime, maybe be back to climb some mountains this spring.
    Which mountain? I'll show you around change for a nickel style.

My bad, I didn’t read you initial post.
    Sorry!

I can give you a tow up the backside tomorrow, if needed?

I can give you a tow up the backside tomorrow, if needed?
    Is that the same as a kick in the ass?