Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I swear by the Athleta masks. Perfect combo of "breathable" material, but still 3 layers and protective. Metal nose piece too. Have worn them skiing with no fogging issues.

https://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=100364

I picked up a Ubertube in the medium weight and it is great. Warm, no fog, and the space around the mouth and nose is great.

Huh...that’s good to know...my family of females are Athleta customers of the year...lol...Their pictures should be on the damn website with the amount of money they spend on there...

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Huh...that’s good to know...my family of females are Athleta customers of the year...lol...Their pictures should be on the damn website with the amount of money they spend on there...
    May not want them in print though. Lady C’s catalogs are some of my favorite parts of taking a dump even though I’m pretty sure the lady surfers don’t probably own the the Landcruiser props.

in the time it took me to pull up my mask. ski through the maze and get on the lift I literally couldn't see.

IDK about anybody else but I'd rather have the 0.000000000001% chance of contracting covid 6' away from someone outdoors than nobody being able to see. Sigh. I'll try a few see what works I guess.
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    in the time it took me to pull up my mask. ski through the maze and get on the lift I literally couldn't see.

IDK about anybody else but I'd rather have the 0.000000000001% chance of contracting covid 6' away from someone outdoors than nobody being able to see. Sigh. I'll try a few see what works I guess.
    Just buy the OR lightweight tube Karen! It’s so legit I’ll be ordering more so that I’ll have them after COVID. Zero need to pull mask down.

Face mask that doesn't fog up goggles

Bit of a critique of OR lightweight Uber tube.

Once it gets wetted out, it’s breathability degrades rapidly. With several hours of pnwet snow falling and exhaled moisture I found myself sucking the fabric in with heavy breathing when pulling it up and still breathing heavily from an Alpy top to bottom beat down.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

You guys just need to start gluing fans onto your goggles.

Face mask that doesn't fog up goggles

I have BlackStrap Balaclavas....and have used them. I can make them work...but there is fogging mitigation going on.....and would need to change out if stayed longer....

Anybody have the OR Midweight Ubertube....u guys are claiming Lightweight works?,...how bout the Midweight (just assume it works too, just heavier)
    Last edited by BC.; 12-18-2020 at 02:25 PM.

we just purchased one of those OR tubes, and will see how it works for me, the wife, and the kiddo.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I wonder if I could just wear a snorkel with a piece of cloth over the end instead of the mask
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    I swear by the Athleta masks. Perfect combo of "breathable" material, but still 3 layers and protective. Metal nose piece too. Have worn them skiing with no fogging issues.

https://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=100364
    I have this mask, but haven't tried it while skiing. Maybe test it tomorrow. It fits well, and with the microfilter insert should provided added COVID protection.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    I wonder if I could just wear a snorkel with a piece of cloth over the end instead of the mask
    You would need to wear it with a nose clip.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by HHTELE View Post
    Actually, sometimes scrambling pretty hard. Try swapping of on compressions for 20 minutes.
    But, even so, it takes a bit of experimentation to find combos that work.
    Fuck yeah. ICU nurse here: I’ve been working in COVID only pt environments and in a general icu the last year and we fucking rock with our n95s and CAPRs on. Raging in codes and shit, sure it’s not as athletic as skiing lifts but damn we work hard sometimes. Fucking people all trying to die on you and shit and you’ll wear a mask with a face shield for hours straight.

Smith turbofan?

Get one of these:
    https://www.seirus.com/original-masque-6120.html

And cut off the lower half of it, leaving the nose part and a small strip right under your nose. Fits in a chest pocket. Lets you actually breath. Doesn't fog. No excess material bunched up around your neck. Quick on-off while you're on the lift to prevent frostbite. If you need a face mask for while you're skiing, that's a different story, but I don't think you're asking about that.

I’ve been doubling-up/overlapping my single layer buff. I use the bottom foam of my goggles to hold it in place. Had it that way for maybe 7 hours on Saturday with a 30 minute lunch break. No fogging, low humidity, jacket collar was open. I’m thinking it’ll be a different story on moist storm days. The family did the same yesterday without problems. We stayed outside the whole time. I’m feeling like I should wear a more substantial mask when I go indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Get one of these:

And cut off the lower half of it, leaving the nose part and a small strip right under your nose. Fits in a chest pocket. Lets you actually breath. Doesn't fog. No excess material bunched up around your neck. Quick on-off while you're on the lift to prevent frostbite. If you need a face mask for while you're skiing, that's a different story, but I don't think you're asking about that.
    Maybe I am not understanding, but how does that qualify as a face mask?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Maybe I am not understanding, but how does that qualify as a face mask?
    If you're talking about being COVID compliant, it's not. If you want something to keep frostbite away when on the lift, or if it's really cold, this works.

Is there a consensus on the OR Ubertube lightweight vs midweight? Heavy moisture shouldn't be a big issue here in the midwest, but cold will be.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I’ve been doubling-up/overlapping my single layer buff. I use the bottom foam of my goggles to hold it in place. Had it that way for maybe 7 hours on Saturday with a 30 minute lunch break. No fogging, low humidity, jacket collar was open. I’m thinking it’ll be a different story on moist storm days. The family did the same yesterday without problems. We stayed outside the whole time. I’m feeling like I should wear a more substantial mask when I go indoors.
    Try blowing out a candle with it on. I think you will find it’s not a particularly effective covid mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Get one of these:

Most resorts are requiring masks while in the lift line and of course the lodge or anywhere indoors you can't stay socially distanced. That is not going to cut it, you would have to have something without the vents at the mouth and cover the nostrils of the nose. That will keep you warmer on a cold below zero day than nothing at all on the face, but fails at Covid-19 protection.

Quote Originally Posted by jerlane View Post
    Is there a consensus on the OR Ubertube lightweight vs midweight? Heavy moisture shouldn't be a big issue here in the midwest, but cold will be.
    I ordered the thicker one today to add to light one

25 off code 25ORFACEMASK

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Try blowing out a candle with it on. I think you will find it’s not a particularly effective covid mask.
    Is candle blowing the test for a covid effective mask? That’s not a rhetorical question.

I have multiple real Covid masks. I have a livinguard mask that I can only stroll in. It otherwise does not allow enough air to transfer across for more rapid breathing. It gets worn frequently in town.

Two layer buff seem pretty lightweight to me, I agree. What’d that MIT study conclude that was performed for Alta? What’s the hazard outdoors at the ski hill when everybody is distancing?

+1 or 2 on the ubertube midweight have several days on them. Not a mask person at all, as in never. was a bit concerned with skiing this year as a result. Pros - minimal to no fogging, fabric generally keeps off of face, overall pretty comfortable. cons - as mentioned, does wet out with heavy breathing after a bit. Have ordered the lightweight version to see if it mitigates this is better.

I also tried the OR adrenaline sport on a warmer day, the mask itself is see through if it does not have the filter installed, but without the filter you cannot blow out a candle or feel any meaningful breath. The whole contraption sits off your face, except for the seal around the outer edges, so may be an option on those warm days.