Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Supply

you can only make money on the parts/stock you have.

prices are NOT up 20-50% and stock is down 20-50%.

3rd location of a store in our area has shut for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Fishers is owned by the same guy who owns Bicycle Center, but I think he just got rich on the og BC location land development and now he is selling that business to his longtime manager.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I wondered what was up with that OG location, pretty slick deal to work out a sale of the land but writing in the contract to have (presumably) a killer deal on rent and a new shop built out.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Order 30 get 3, order 50 get 2... uggh I'm running out of shit to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    ya, but book now and get in 2023 (we hope)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210424_195410965.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	372594

NBD. Not really sure how this happened...but it did. Gonna try real, REAL hard not to break anything

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post

Name:	PXL_20210424_195410965.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	372594

NBD. Not really sure how this happened...but it did. Gonna try real, REAL hard not to break anything
    That’s a nice looking bike. Is that your workshop?? It’s wicked whoever’s it is!

Is that in the Transition shop? I see a few things in the photo that make me think I know the wrench.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    you can only make money on the parts/stock you have.

prices are NOT up 20-50% and stock is down 20-50%.

3rd location of a store in our area has shut for this reason.
    This ^^

Shop bro told me 2020 was huge they sold 30% more shit last year and made 30% mo money,

BUT what are they gona sell this year to pay all the expenses of keeping the place open ?

I havent talked to him in awhile
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    Is that in the Transition shop? I see a few things in the photo that make me think I know the wrench.
    Hah it is! Good eye

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Hah it is! Good eye
    He’s a buddy. I’ve spent a lot of time in his workspace, and the sticker on the stand and the logo on the hoodie are local to me, not Bellingham.

Anyone used BikeBling before? They have a great price on an Orbea Rallon M10 build I've been looking at but no set date if I pre order.

I've never ordered online from BikeBling as they're a local shop. They used to be pretty good and I'd buy a lot of parts when a friend worked there who would give me good discounts. I rarely go in now, mostly as I don't like dealing with the owner. You'll be talking to him and mid conversation he'll pick up a call on his bluetooth headset and walk away like you weren't ever there. Maybe it's your call he'd be picking up if you have questions or issues. He's been generally good to deal with when you've actually got his attention. Sorry if that doesn't help much. My only concern is why are they offering a sale price on a pre-order bike in this retail environment?

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    My only concern is why are they offering a sale price on a pre-order bike in this retail environment?
    Yeah, I was talking with the owner. He gave a date for the Rallon as end of July but was helpful with trying to figure out which models may work that were coming in sooner or that just came in. He was even offering some discount off the website price on a couple of them. May have a different option for me that just came into stock today and isn't showing up on their website.

I'm still trying to decide on whether to buy new or used. Used market doesn't seem as crazy as last year. Seeing lots of stuff stay on Pinkbike for a few weeks and lots of folks starting to drop prices. Not saying it's a buyers market, but not as heavy for sellers as I thought it would be.

I’ve bought shit off the BikeBling website for years. No issues. It’s not a friendship, it’s a store.

However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Anyone used BikeBling before? They have a great price on an Orbea Rallon M10 build I've been looking at but no set date if I pre order.
    There is a Rallon M10 in a shop in Kelowna you could have now. Great price? Not so much.

Try ordering 15 and see if you get 5 You are upping your order and reducing your fulfillment... Crazy times may make for crazy ways of trying to get inventory.

I was in the LBS yesterday. Floor and ceiling FULL of QBP bikes (salsa’s, surly’s, allcity’s)

Talking to the guys there... they said there are zero issues with getting those midrange offerings, but they’re not selling. Everyone wants to buy either a $600 fitness bike or a $6000 carbon super bike.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Yeah, I was in one of my lbs yesterday also and you could barely move. Place is full of boxes and bikes. Speaking with the manager, almost every bike is sold. They just cannot get them built fast enough. It's still unreal. They had a ton of Specialized boxes. Had a Santa Cruz Heckler ebike and a Salsa Cassidy that weren't spoken for and maybe a few more, but I didn't ask. Not in the market... thankfully

I ran into a local guy on the trail yesterday. He's like, "bro, I ordered an ebike!" and after we got through the obligatory heckling and defense ("it will let me ride every day without resting"), I asked how many years until he gets it. He's like, "No, in 4 days!" "Oh, so you bought the $10,000 model." "Uh, 10,5 actually... [shame face]". Fucking ridiculous.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 11.25.33 AM.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	536.3 KB 
ID:	373096
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

And there goes another... The e-bike company I was repping decided yesterday morning to pull out of the US. They feel that since they can't supply the market for growth of any sort for at least a year (probably more like 2) that the best solution is to consolidate to just Europe. They cancelled existing orders immediately so that's something like $30k I won't earn in the next 3 or 4 months. Uggh...

And there goes another... The e-bike company I was repping decided yesterday morning to pull out of the US. They feel that since they can't supply the market for growth of any sort for at least a year (probably more like 2) that the best solution is to consolidate to just Europe. They cancelled existing orders immediately so that's something like $30k I won't earn in the next 3 or 4 months. Uggh...
    Which one?

Name:  FAF2976D-DA75-429B-8CAB-454670EBAF69.jpeg
Views: 627
Size:  60.1 KB
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I had a little bit of a scare last night, where I thought I didn't have shifters for any of our Deviate Highlander demos (false alarm, thank god), so I started searching everywhere for SLX or XT 12-spd shifters. Looked at eBay, PB, Worldwide Cyclery, Jenson, REI, Amazon... absolutely nothing in stock anywhere. Jesus.

2021 Supply

Any opinions on Polygon bikes? They seem to have some supply.