Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Supply

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Ha, fuck, I hope we got some. Been out of 12s sram for a week or two now. Think there are a couple of shimano ones.

I committed to getting a new cx bike. Hopefully be here in like august. Cannondale has a new one coming out but it seemed like a kona was more likely to get here before the season starts.
    Major Jake? If you actually end up getting one, I'd be curious to hear what tires it'll clear. That bike checks a lot of boxes for me as a potential do everything drop bar bike. The only unknown is tire clearance, I've heard 700x40 and 700x42 published. Really if it cleared 700x43 gravel king sks I think it'd be the perfect bike for the riding I do.

You mean you guy's aren't hoarding chains and brake pads?

I have a fine selection of 12 speed chains and brake pads. Only one cassette though....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

I've only got 6 pair of brake pads, no chains. My chain is new and dipped in queso so I should be good for a while.

What happens if we get a cheese shortage though? The dairy market is quite volatile

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    What happens if we get a cheese shortage though? The dairy market is quite volatile
    Pull aged cheddar out of the caves, drawing down the strategic reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Some people like marinara but I find the viscosity off. I prefer pesto for my climate. Chimmichuri is my race day mix. I think guac can work in colder temps so worth looking into. It's been awhile since I've ran out of cheese though.

PSA: Ripmo XT build in stock at competitive cyclist right now in L and XL

Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    PSA: Ripmo XT build in stock at competitive cyclist right now in L and XL
    Either your fuckin’ with us, or they’re already gone

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Either your fuckin’ with us, or they’re already gone
    Already gone, there were 3 in size L at 1:30 PST today and some XL. WOW.

Name:  unnamed (1).jpeg
Views: 1187
Size:  31.5 KB

So, anyone need a 2019 carbon Sentinel X01 build?

Sounds like I should pick up an eagle chain while they are in stock.
    Any suggestions on what code pads to buy? I err towards sintered and was planning on trying trucker co or disco brakes but they are both out currently. Should have been more on my game for ordering

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Any suggestions on what code pads to buy? I err towards sintered and was planning on trying trucker co or disco brakes but they are both out currently. Should have been more on my game for ordering
    you should get what ever pads are in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by s_squatch View Post
    Major Jake? If you actually end up getting one, I'd be curious to hear what tires it'll clear. That bike checks a lot of boxes for me as a potential do everything drop bar bike. The only unknown is tire clearance, I've heard 700x40 and 700x42 published. Really if it cleared 700x43 gravel king sks I think it'd be the perfect bike for the riding I do.
    Yeah, seems like those are going to be the best chance, although I kind of wanted a new orbea terra. No idea if there are changes to geo or spec but I hope it's the same. I hear black for color maybe.

I don't know about the biggest tires. Friend has 40 nanos on hers and they seem to work fine. On a 23mm wide wheel I think they come out in the 42-43 range. If I remember I'll measure tomorrow. I'm already thinking I should buy some hubs to build race wheels and these won't be here until august at best.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    I've got a couple Code pads - ended up with them by mistake. Lemme' check which variety...
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Man, it just took me like a month to find a single +23mm post mount adapter. Had to ride on an old 180mm rotor that was squealing like crazy.

Also, looking for a GX group... am I screwed or is SRAM still sort of keeping up with production? Should I go back to friction shifting?

just go back to single speed everyone.

Hahaha

Sourced the parts for my hardtail build last may, seems like I got in just under the wire. Tried to order a backup rim, because hardtail, from Spank in July, no dice. Didn't become available again till till two days ago.

Built up a hardtail for the GF in the fall and had a real hard time. Had to go with a 130 travel fork and looked high and low for 150 air shaft to lengthen it. Lucked out with a SRAM OE build kit though a connection at backcountry. If not for that I;m sure I'd still be sourcing parts.

Have a couple sets of CODE pads and three Eagle chains in my stockpile. Phew!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    just go back to single speed everyone.
    With coaster brakes. Everyone gunna be on klunkers in a couple months.

SLC mags-Fisher Cycles is going out of business, Guthrie bought most of their Chains, but they have Code pads in stock. Bought two tools, some bike wash, degreaser, 2x bar tape, 3x sram brake padsand a balance bike for my goddaughter, out the door for $230
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

How is a bike shop going out of business right now??? Bike shops here are basically printing money and selling out of stock faster than they can get it.

Developers, man. prime real estate. And, those guys were always kind of dicks to me, and they didn't know that code and guide pads were not interchangeable today when I went in.....
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Fishers is owned by the same guy who owns Bicycle Center, but I think he just got rich on the og BC location land development and now he is selling that business to his longtime manager.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums