Name:	IMG_0870.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	368295
    Gravel roads...here I come... once I’m cleared lol

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

2021 Supply

Was looking at that new Poc helmet that was released a couple of weeks ago and the sandstone colour was sold out in less then a day and is not even on their website anymore. I know somewhat trivial but this would have never happened 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Transition Spur, Large, green. Any build. Not even pre-orderable. No shops with stock. Fanatik has an XL frame but wtf am I supposed to do with that if the forks are backordered? I vote we pool our resources and organize a deep sea rescue expedition. What's a little rust and crab poop?

https://www.wired.com/story/where-sh...k-ocean-floor/
    Just saw the bike your looking for posted on a Tranny owners FB page.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1749780815302018/

Edit -moved

Ah, shit. Thought I was in ask expert thread.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    My ACL rehab panic buy

Gravel roads...here I come... once I’m cleared lol

yeah I kind of did the same thing buying the fat bike, I didnt ride it much cuz the PT (a pretty avid biker) said it wasnt a good idea in case i fall off which is likely in the snow so he was right
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Container ship that holds 20,388 TEUs (20ft container equivalents) has run aground and is blocking the Suez Canal, causing a massive traffic jam.

An evergreen metaphor for 2021 supply issues.

well at least they are still all nicely stacked I have been seeing a lot of ships with containers all knocked over like bowling pins

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Container ship that holds 20,388 TEUs (20ft container equivalents) has run aground and is blocking the Suez Canal, causing a massive traffic jam.

My parts are on that ship.... I can sense it.... like Luke talking about Darth Vader.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well at least they are still all nicely stacked I have been seeing a lot of ships with containers all knocked over like bowling pins
    That’s just propaganda to make excuses for supply chain issues.
    My friend in the microchip world is blaming cargo container ships, so is my friend in the textiles/garment manufacturing.

The USA imports approximately 20 million shipping containers per year.
    Between 2008 and 2016 an average of 568 containers were lost at sea each year (excluding catastrophic accidents). When you count the catastrophic events into the average it increases to 1582 lost containers per year.
    USA receives less than 10% of the of all world wide containers shipped, of the 300 million containers shipped
    300,000,000 shipped
    1,500 lost per year
    .0005% of containers are lost.
    .00005% of containers to USA are lost.

One coud do the math to show what the chances are there is a Shimano shipment being held up by container but the reality is simple, the containers not were they should be due to the covid thing

Suez Canal containers have bike parts destined for the Euro grey market. Fuck that shit - although that might be my only outlet for Shimano parts in 4 months.

there are 20million containers circling the globe and you don't have a clue what is in any of those ^^ in the pict

the real probelm is that the 20 million containers are not circling the globe properly as they did pre-covid

actualy it doesnt matter if your parts are on that particular ship cuz until that ship gets unstuck nothing in any of the ships waiting to pass thru the Suez canal are moving so its the same difference, I wonder if any of them will start going around the tip of Africa ?

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post

Anyone notice the excavator on the bank by the bow? Man those ships are giant.

This is awesome the ship drew a cock n balls with it's route tracker whatever thing prior to the canal incident

https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkdj...pic-ever-given

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    This is awesome the ship drew a cock n balls with it's route tracker whatever thing prior to the canal incident

https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkdj...pic-ever-given
    "If you thought this was a dick move, you won't believe what happens next!"

That grounding happened due to heavy weather, the water would have been flatter than piss on a plate but a 50 km wind hitting it broadside sent it sideways, along with the incidents of toppled conatainers I been wondering if they have just made these ships too big and unseaworthy in the effort to carry more boxes and they are driving them in any weather instead of holing up ?

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Solid work, congrats!

Called the Mountain Peddler with an upgrade question about my bike, ended up getting an update on my wife's Ripley frame/build that should happen next month. Sounds like most of their order from Ibis is seeing additional delays as of last week, but somehow my wife's frame was not and looks to be coming on time or even early. Not holding our breath, but that would be amazing, given the circumstances and ships sitting off Longbeach.

Great dudes over there and still very happy that they could get her lined up with a bike!
    Ayyye... they were mistaken. Frame is still on a boat off Cali with the others. New ETA pushed back six weeks and now looks like late May

Hmmm. Thus far seems a fools errand but in case anyone comes across a set:
    Looking for a xt 8100 or 8120 165mm (seems like maybe there’s some 170cm out there, which not end of the world if it comes to that) crankset arms, without ring, or if with a ring - 30t. XTR also out there but much prefer the older style preload and fastening system that still exists on the xt cranks....

Anyway Hail Mary.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

https://www.kinetikcycles.com/shiman...-1x-12spd.html

I bought a pair of these just last week. Still two in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    https://www.kinetikcycles.com/shiman...-1x-12spd.html

I bought a pair of these just last week. Still two in stock.
    Elation and devastation.

“In stock”

“No shipping to this country”

ugh USA fail
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Ayyye... they were mistaken. Frame is still on a boat off Cali with the others. New ETA pushed back six weeks and now looks like late May
    Darn. I didn’t want to hear that. Waiting on a Ripmo that I ordered last fall for March delivery. Shop told me this week it would be here “soon” but they didn’t have an ETA. Small shop and he’s giving me a bit of a discount off MSRP so I’ll wait it out and try not to hassle him everyday.

My buddy will be bummed, he’s got a kid that is wants to race on my old Bronson this year. He keeps waving cash at me but I’m not giving up the old bike until I’ve got a new bike.

2021 Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    My buddy will be bummed, he’s got a kid that is wants to race on my old Bronson this year. He keeps waving cash at me but I’m not giving up the old bike until I’ve got a new bike.
    DO NOT give up an old bike until you have the new bike in your hands. Arrival dates are continuously getting pushed by suppliers.
    Shops have the best intentions on stating arrival dates, but in reality these dates are now fictional.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Shops have the best intentions on stating arrival dates, but in reality these dates are now fictional.
    I think that’s why I got told “soon” as opposed to a date and I’m ok with it. We installed solar and purchased a plug in hybrid car last year and I’m funding the purchase of the Ripmo from the tax credits. Filed over a month ago and the return is in limbo. With the IRS issues this year it’ll be a toss up on what I get first, the cash or the bike.