Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Supply

Pins tear up a leg that is not wearing padz so maybe the end loser doesn't even want any pins ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Looking to buy a short travel 29er, what am I most likely to find/get by June/July, or am I just fucked?
    Medium, frame only
    Spur
    Epic evo
    Hei hei
    Ripley
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

If you're looking for a short travel 29er call around to local(ish) shops. I saw a new medium Hei Hei in a shop a few weeks back and there's a bike shop chain that says they have medium Epic Evo's in stock.

Call Revel also, they may have Ranger frames available.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    If you're looking for a short travel 29er call around to local(ish) shops. I saw a new medium Hei Hei in a shop a few weeks back and there's a bike shop chain that says they have medium Epic Evo's in stock.
    Yep, all depends on local shop stock. From what I've seen, anything online has been absolutely crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Looking to buy a short travel 29er, what am I most likely to find/get by June/July, or am I just fucked?
    Medium, frame only
    Spur
    Epic evo
    Hei hei
    Ripley
    As stated, call around. My friend found a full bling Hei Hei last week after spending the day on the phone. He's paying full price, of course, plus $200 "build fee" and $200 shipping. And he's liking it. (He's not a dentist, but anesthesiologists do pretty well too, last I checked.)

Spot still has their $6k build Ryve in stock. My GF bought one 3 weeks ago and it arrived in 10 days. She loves it so far, and I can say it seems nice in person, with a great spec and details.

I'd say just buy whatever you can find--now. You can sell your parts right now for a premium, so buying a full bike might work out well.

Sent from my SM-P610 using TGR Forums mobile app
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    As stated, call around. My friend found a full bling Hei Hei last week after spending the day on the phone. He's paying full price, of course, plus $200 "build fee" and $200 shipping. And he's liking it. (He's not a dentist, but anesthesiologists do pretty well too, last I checked.)

Spot still has their $6k build Ryve in stock. My GF bought one 3 weeks ago and it arrived in 10 days. She loves it so far, and I can say it seems nice in person, with a great spec and details.

I'd say just buy whatever you can find--now. You can sell your parts right now for a premium, so buying a full bike might work out well.

Good advice. Gonna start the call as soon I have the cash.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post

$200 build fee???? Charging an extra $200 to fulfill their contract with their supplier???? that is fucked. He is already paying for them to rebox and ship it for the $200 shipping charge.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Seriously, it’s a violation of the dealer agreement to sell them boxed, so this is bullshit.
    Double dipping, IMO.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Seriously, it’s a violation of the dealer agreement to sell them boxed, so this is bullshit.
    Double dipping, IMO.
    Right! If Kona's intention was to ship people bikes in boxes they would do it themselves. Super poor form on this dealers part, they cant have it both ways. The times are a changing for brick and mortar but this only accelerates them towards being unnecessary in the sales process.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    $200 build fee???? Charging an extra $200 to fulfill their contract with their supplier???? that is fucked. He is already paying for them to rebox and ship it for the $200 shipping charge.
    Late stage capitalism arrives at the LBS.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I知 guessing Specialized is no different than anyone else here?

Only reason I知 asking is I致e got my eye set on a particular bike. But if their prod/distribution is fucked as well will probably just buy used to get through the year.
    Two anecdotes for Spec, that indicate things are a bit fucked:

1) buddy reserved a Epic Evo Comp in Nov drm the biggest Spec dealer in the valley. He was given a hard Feb 2022 ETA. But the shop said bikes do tend to show up randomly

2) my neighboor/mechanic manages a large rental Spec fleet and said they池e no longer being offered the normal discounts for rental fleet purchases. They池e also limited on what they can order for demos. He was blown away, despite what痴 happened over the last year

Right! If Kona's intention was to ship people bikes in boxes they would do it themselves. Super poor form on this dealers part, they cant have it both ways. The times are a changing for brick and mortar but this only accelerates them towards being unnecessary in the sales process.
    Not to encourage Karen-like behavior, but this warrants an email to a veep or somebody at Kona.
    Although the response in this climate might be something like “you are lucky to get a bike at all, pal, pipe down!”
    Last edited by rideit; 03-01-2021 at 01:11 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

A S3 stumpy evo comp showed up today in NH if anyone's in the market

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Two anecdotes for Spec, that indicate things are a bit fucked:

1) buddy reserved a Epic Evo Comp in Nov drm the biggest Spec dealer in the valley. He was given a hard Feb 2022 ETA. But the shop said bikes do tend to show up randomly

2) my neighboor/mechanic manages a large rental Spec fleet and said they’re no longer being offered the normal discounts for rental fleet purchases. They’re also limited on what they can order for demos. He was blown away, despite what’s happened over the last year
    My buddy who owns the local shop here said specialized canceled all his demo bikes with a chance of the program returning in the 2023. Word is they are fully booked through 2022. He gets other bikes for demo as well but suspects his demo fleet will be about half of what it typically is. Lost revenue but my main takeaway is there will be some pissed off tourists in a lot of bike destinations this summer.

Formerly Rludes025

buddy just sold a well used Nomad, 3 years old for $5000 in less than 24 hours here in BC....no carbon wheels, paint wear on the frame, but fresh bearing and suspension/post service

I just called the LBS to see what the status is on AC's EVO (I put down a $800 deposit in October days after the bike launched). They couldn't give me any info on when it might arrive. The guy literally said it could be 6 days or 6 months. There's a used 2020 SB130 available that I'm strongly considering. It's $5k for a used Yeti that won't have a warranty, but desperate times....

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    buddy just sold a well used Nomad, 3 years old for $5000 in less than 24 hours here in BC....no carbon wheels, paint wear on the frame, but fresh bearing and suspension/post service
    man, my Bronson should fetch that ( or more).... so tempting

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    Agreed. Just going to hang onto mine until I ride the Ranger for awhile to see if I need both.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

My buddy who owns the local shop here said specialized canceled all his demo bikes with a chance of the program returning in the 2023. Word is they are fully booked through 2022. He gets other bikes for demo as well but suspects his demo fleet will be about half of what it typically is. Lost revenue but my main takeaway is there will be some pissed off tourists in a lot of bike destinations this summer.
    I can confirm.... getting demo bikes these days is pretty damn tough. Luckily I secured some last fall for this spring, but I doubt I'll be selling them this year since who knows if I can get more for 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I just called the LBS to see what the status is on AC's EVO (I put down a $800 deposit in October days after the bike launched). They couldn't give me any info on when it might arrive. The guy literally said it could be 6 days or 6 months. There's a used 2020 SB130 available that I'm strongly considering. It's $5k for a used Yeti that won't have a warranty, but desperate times....
    What size? I'll buy/ship the s3 from here if you want...

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    What size? I'll buy/ship the s3 from here if you want...
    S2 unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    I woke up this morning, checked the specialized website for who they said had an epic evo comp in stock near me, looked on the website and they claimed they had it, called and yes in fact they had one, and now it痴 in my basement.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Fox wins one long running patent dispute:
    https://www.bicycleretailer.com/indu...m#.YD2Y4mQ8IlQ

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    be sure you have the new one in hand first! ha...I briefly considered selling mine Bronson MY2019, but frankly, it's still in great shape and I put a new lyrik and reserve wheels on it last June, with the fresh XT drivetrain sitting on the shelf it should do me just fine for another couple.