Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Supply

I’m guessing Specialized is no different than anyone else here?

Only reason I’m asking is I’ve got my eye set on a particular bike. But if their prod/distribution is fucked as well will probably just buy used to get through the year.

I just rode with an Orbea sponsored pro who told me that they are sold out through 2022 and are now taking orders for 2023 delivery. All signs point to it being as bad as we think across the industry.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I’m guessing Specialized is no different than anyone else here?

Only reason I’m asking is I’ve got my eye set on a particular bike. But if their prod/distribution is fucked as well will probably just buy used to get through the year.
    The Spec' dealers I know are getting bikes in on a regular basis. If you know what you really want, it's worth going to a shop and putting your name down for that bike. If you don't want it by the time it arrives they will sell it to someone else.
    My buddy says he calls the first guy on the list and says "An Epic Evo in Large arrived today, do you still want it? Can you come in in the next 24hrs, or pay over the phone now?, or I'll call the next guy in line"
    His quote was "I don't make may extra calls".

I literally spent a day calling every bike shop across western US looking for a Spur. Was very helpful to hear directly from shops that have a finger on the pulse of delivery. Found one at Salt Cycles in Salt Lake....drove 16hr round trip next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    My buddy says he calls the first guy on the list and says "An Epic Evo in Large arrived today, do you still want it? Can you come in in the next 24hrs, or pay over the phone now?, or I'll call the next guy in line"
    i did that with with my dealer made an agreement to call by 10am the next day to confirm

its kinda getting like trying to score dope
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I ordered a bike in Aug that the company has yet to produce any photos, no product launch, only thing that is shared with the dealer is the geos and color way.
    Trust us, it will be great. “Spring delivery”
    Let’s just say I’ll be preparing my old bike to ride this spring, not to sell.

True lies !
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The Spec' dealers I know are getting bikes in on a regular basis. If you know what you really want, it's worth going to a shop and putting your name down for that bike. If you don't want it by the time it arrives they will sell it to someone else.
    Yep. Specializeds are definitely still flowing in (I've seen Stumpy's, stumpy evos, enduros and epic evos in local shops, bought a stumpy myself), but the "when" is a big question mark. Local shop indicated they get at most a 1-2 day warning for Specialized in terms of incoming bikes (regardless of what was ordered). They said Giant was the most communicative as many of theirs you could trace to ports/containers.

Also - the tools on the site are reasonably accurate around inventory in the area, but definitely double-check the less "techy" ones for inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    What's the chance of being able to pickup a full drivetrain right now? What would be the best way to even do this?
    If you can wait ~6 weeks, I'll have an XTR setup to sell. I'm warrantying the cassette right now. Will have shifter with both clamp and EV mounts, 2 chains, derailleur, and cassette. Everything but the cassette will have about 600 miles on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    If you can wait ~6 weeks, I'll have an XTR setup to sell. I'm warrantying the cassette right now. Will have shifter with both clamp and EV mounts, 2 chains, derailleur, and cassette. Everything but the cassette will have about 600 miles on it.
    Is 6 weeks when you will get a 10-51 XTR 9100 cassette from Shimano? The current inventory ETA for North America (for dealers who have had them on back order for 12 weeks) is 8/16/21

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Yeah no update from kona yet.
    LBS just got the last box to finish my Hei Hei build, hope brakes and pedals.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4151.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	143.6 KB 
ID:	365116Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4150.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	161.3 KB 
ID:	365117
    Drink to remember not to forget!
    Fourisight Wines

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    i did that with with my dealer made an agreement to call by 10am the next day to confirm

its kinda getting like trying to score dope
    Getting dope is easier.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I just rode with an Orbea sponsored pro who told me that they are sold out through 2022 and are now taking orders for 2023 delivery. All signs point to it being as bad as we think across the industry.
    Orbea is one of the bikes I sell and can confirm.

Most of what I sell is mid level ebikes to 60+yo demographic, I'm telling people if they want a specific bike, drop some cash and I'll call when it's here (1 month to 1 year), or take whats available while you can. So far this year I've had 3 or 4 people look at a bike, shop around for a week or 2 then return for the one on the floor only to find it gone. I tell them to put down a deposit over and over, some do some don't. I had a shipment of a model show up 100% sold last week, one of non deposit people showed up and wanted the one I was building because it was obviously available now. I pointed at 50 other bikes and told them they could buy any one of those but not this one (or the 4 like it in boxes).

I get sooo many people asking, "when will xxx be here?, have you ordered xxx?, why isnt it here yet?,..... Our orders are arriving only partially filled, order 10 get 5 or 6 in 3 or 4 months is the norm. Some people just don't fucking get it.

Bike sales are up 300% for Jan/Feb over last year. Our shop is small square footage just jammed with bikes right now. I suspect we're going to have to tell people to line up outside in a month or so. I also suspect we wont be jammed with bikes in 2 months.

Beaver: where is your shop?

in Canada? BC?

Not "my" shop but I'm the defacto manager of Vernon E Ride. 98% E bike sales & service.

Is 6 weeks when you will get a 10-51 XTR 9100 cassette from Shimano? The current inventory ETA for North America (for dealers who have had them on back order for 12 weeks) is 8/16/21
    I spoke with the Shimano warranty rep, and he confirmed they have some inventory set aside for warranty replacements. The 6 weeks is my guess based on turn-around time for the last warranty. Time to mail it in to Colorado Cyclist, time for them to process it and mail it to Shimano, time for Shimano to process it and send new one to CC, then time for them to forward it to me.

Good luck. Let us know when you mail that in...

Mini thread tangent out of curiosity...

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmjoe View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4150.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	161.3 KB 
ID:	365117
    Whoa, Hope makes you pin your own pedals? What’s the advantage here? Do they ship with different length pins or something so that you can customize?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I spoke with the Shimano warranty rep, and he confirmed they have some inventory set aside for warranty replacements. The 6 weeks is my guess based on turn-around time for the last warranty. Time to mail it in to Colorado Cyclist, time for them to process it and mail it to Shimano, time for Shimano to process it and send new one to CC, then time for them to forward it to me.
    What was wrong with it, may I ask? Creaking under load?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

sram 10 speed rear dear on backorder unitl Oct 17th from my wholesaler in canada (HLC)

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    What was wrong with it, may I ask? Creaking under load?
    Every single one of the ramp teeth on the 3 largest (aluminum) cogs was heavily worn after 400 miles. Like, major shark fins. It was starting to make noise shifting on those gears, although it'd still shift. The rest of the cogs looked mint, and there was even very little paint wear on those 3 big ones aside from the ramp teeth. Whole setup was initially installed by the local shop, so I can't blame my own hack wrenching.

Edit: it was originally pointed out to me by the same mechanic when I asked him to check something else. He was like, "WTF is going on with your cassette?" I said, "You tell me, you installed it!"

I spoke with the Shimano warranty rep, and he confirmed they have some inventory set aside for warranty replacements. The 6 weeks is my guess based on turn-around time for the last warranty. .
    I just received a replacement XT derailleur (failed clutch) via Jenson, and can confirm. It took roughly 6 weeks, with regular check ins and updates from Jenson.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Mini thread tangent out of curiosity...

Whoa, Hope makes you pin your own pedals? What’s the advantage here? Do they ship with different length pins or something so that you can customize?
    Something about how you want pins placed. All were same size. The pins in center, near axle, and center outer edge can only be installed on one side. Shop asked me to do it to my preference, which was no center pins near axle for concave set up so well see. Definitely took close to 30 min and 2 beers.
    Drink to remember not to forget!
    Fourisight Wines

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmjoe View Post
    Something about how you want pins placed. All were same size. The pins in center, near axle, and center outer edge can only be installed on one side. Shop asked me to do it to my preference, which was no center pins near axle for concave set up so well see. Definitely took close to 30 min and 2 beers.
    This is 100% Hope not wanting to pay someone for that 30 minutes.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    This is 100% Hope not wanting to pay someone for that 30 minutes.
    Agreed its a money saver, and its also one step that prevents an employee/machine from stripping/fucking up a complete pedal. Let the customer break it.
    Most pedals in the this price point come with the the pins in a baggie.