Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: 2021 Supply

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Elation and devastation.

“In stock”

“No shipping to this country”

ugh USA fail
    Do you know any Canajians in the Vangroovy area? I know a keen cycling maggot in the area. PM LeeLau.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Elation and devastation.

的n stock

哲o shipping to this country

ugh USA fail
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shimano-Deo...oAAOSweFlgQ4E2
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

These are legit right? no grey market business?
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Grey market in the bike world means genuine Shimano parts sold to a bike builder intended to be installed on a complete bike, not intended for retail sales. They will have no commercial packaging, just wrapped in protective shipping material from the factory.
    Still genuine product, still warranty available, just technically not for retail sales.
    Example: Hans Custom bikes applies to Shimano as a bike builder, and purchases 1500 build kits for his custom bikes. Shimano agrees to sell him kits at 澱uilder price, which is below wholesale.
    Hans really only makes 500 bikes, but needs to tell Shimano he sells 1500 to get his big discount. Hans then sells the extra 500 XT kits and 500 XTR kits at profit, probably making more from those Shimano kits than from his little bike frame business. And in return fawks the retail price of Shimano parts world wide.

I知 not saying don稚 buy them. Just explaining how there are parts online cheaper than a North American shop can buy them for at wholesale cost.

I want Hans’ phone number, maybe invite him for a ride, you know, that sort of thing.
    Become his BFF or whatever.
    Forum Cross Pollinator

My XT 12-speed derailleur finally came in Friday. Today is new(ish) bike day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Grey market in the bike world means genuine Shimano parts sold to a bike builder intended to be installed on a complete bike, not intended for retail sales. They will have no commercial packaging, just wrapped in protective shipping material from the factory.
    Still genuine product, still warranty available, just technically not for retail sales.
    Example: Hans’ Custom bikes applies to Shimano as a bike builder, and purchases 1500 build kits for his custom bikes. Shimano agrees to sell him kits at “builder price”, which is below wholesale.
    Hans really only makes 500 bikes, but needs to tell Shimano he sells 1500 to get his big discount. Hans then sells the extra 500 XT kits and 500 XTR kits at profit, probably making more from those Shimano kits than from his little bike frame business. And in return fawks the retail price of Shimano parts world wide.

I’m not saying don’t buy them. Just explaining how there are parts online cheaper than a North American shop can buy them for at wholesale cost.
    That type of shit happens in a lot of industries, it's just some are better at regulating and auditing than others. Although, it's often a cat and mouse fiasco as the players constantly change.

Back in the day I was dealing with a Ford/Lincoln dealer on some HW issue, in conversation buddy told me there were people who would pay you 100$ to buy them a new lincoln which they load into a container going to china. He knew it was happening but he couldnt do anything about it, said if he found out you were reselling cars out of the country he couldnt sell you the car or he could lose his dealer license
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

My boss up in Vancouver at my last company wanted me to car shop for him in San Diego and have the vehicle shipped up to him. He figured even with exchange rate, shipping and import costs it would still come out far cheaper than local prices. He wanted Volvo or Range Rover. Neither was very keen on shipping out of state, and only way to do it without CA sales tax and registration was to load it direct on a truck and send it straight out. No driving it, no stopping. In the end it was going to be too much hassle so he abandoned plans. I figured he could save even more by buying used in a private sale and import, but he wasn't interested.