Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Supply

I'm thinking it might be the time to flog the Yeti 5.5 and maybe get into the Rise M20
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Wow x'r on the E. Im thinking the rise is pretty sweet. All the orbea's look great but ive been thinking the rise(60nm) has pretty close to the same tourque as my e8000(70nm) and it weighs 12-15lbs less than my decoy as is. Ive seen some really nice builds too. One dood long stroked the fork, but a shorter eye to eye coil shock(with reversed offset bushings at both ends to make the eye to eye length close to stock) but with longer stroke, and a burly 27.5 rear wheel. Just by swapping the rear wheel and rear shock he has both a 160/140 air shock 40lb 29er and a 160/152 coil shock 43lb bike.
    Good prices on their bikes too, especially when theyre a bit ahead of the game

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I'm thinking it might be the time to flog the Yeti 5.5 and maybe get into the Rise M20
    I was a little off. Here it is

my dealer sez the new rise M10 will be sub 40lbs and I like the way they are spec'd with Fox/ Shimano

I said never an e-bike but old age & injury is making me re-examine that belief

Yup 10/4 on that. It is what it is. Youll have fun and fun gets you fit. Im pretty stoked to be riding most days again. Endurance is good enough to enjoy a full day and the bike just gives a ton more options. I like the wild fs too. Think the next bike will be a bosch bike. Shimano motor is a bit like a bic pen but there ez to pic up off ebay now

I thought it was cool how our rep came in with one last week while we've been waiting months for the ones we ordered. And also there's like no chance of me getting an alma any time soon.

Wuts an alma?

An orbea you have to pedal all by yourself.

Ah copy that. I hear theyve got good customer service if you do get one. Just that supply thing eh

Orbea Wild fs, Occam & Rallon in stock in Vernon. If somone wants my Occam M10 at a smokin deal ($5200cad cash) I'll sell it.

i take a medium and i HAVE to buy from the dealer up here

Put my wife down on a wait list for a RSD middle child complete in Feb. Was supposed to be here in April, delayed to July. Now delayed to September. Looked at other options and everything looks delayed until Sept. at the earliest.

Anyone with knowledge of current Trek or Giant supply forecasts? Was hoping to grab some sort of gravel or road hybrid for the endless miles of paved paths close by. In XL lol. Been scouring the used market, missed out on a Giant Contend AR but other than that nothing in sight in my area.

Bump.

No bueno for Ibis, Rocky Mountain, Evil, Revel, Specialized, and Intense - https://m.pinkbike.com/news/what-doe...bon-bikes.html

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Label on the SC sez china, I thot about supply issues and the Orbea I ordered that might show sometimes this winter and grabbed the SC Bullit when it came along entirely not what I was planning but it worked out and I was only bikeless for a week
    Last edited by XXX-er; 09-07-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Over the last month I have seen a lot of dentist bikes coming on the used market, and then start to tick down on price. A year ago they were selling the day they came onto the listings. I think the swing back to reality may have started, but it will be slow. Older bikes are still way above what they once were.

Reality hasn't set in here (Norcal) in the PB classifieds yet. Out of curiosity, I looked yesterday, and every single frame for sale was at or maybe $200 off original retail price. The only one more than that was a Yeti SB-130 that had been broken and repaired... and was still only like $800 below retail. Insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Reality hasn't set in here (Norcal) in the PB classifieds yet. Out of curiosity, I looked yesterday, and every single frame for sale was at or maybe $200 off original retail price. The only one more than that was a Yeti SB-130 that had been broken and repaired... and was still only like $800 below retail. Insanity.
    I was looking at that 130 yesterday…. I was blown away by the cost when you look at the damage.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hopefully this thing stays on it's projected path and doesn't veer north: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...eads-to-taiwan

Things aren't really getting better from what I see. One company I work with has had over a dozen containers sitting on the dock in Taiwan for nearly two months now because they put a cap of $25k per container and keep getting bypassed for higher bidders. They just raised prices 20% here to generate some cash so they can bump their max bid to $30k per box but dealers don't want to order when they don't know if they'll have product by March. Another had over $5million in inventory sitting there for a few weeks until they broke down and paid $28k per box to get 5 here by the end of September, they still have 4 more waiting. Turnaround from dock to warehouse used to be 21-25 days, it's a minimum of 6 weeks now and most of the time it's between 8-12 weeks. I have a few orders in that would make my year if they could ship but instead it's a trickle of a few hundred dollars here and there.

2021 Supply

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Any opinions on Polygon bikes? They seem to have some supply.
    I got Siskiu T8 and wife has Xtrada 7. Both are great as far as I’m concerned. I’m a noob to mnt biking (second season riding) so it doesn’t take much to impress me.

Polygon was the only place that had stock last fall when I wanted to buy entry level bikes. Modern geometry, dropper post. Looked like a good value for the spec too. T8 even came with metal pedals with spikes that I’m yet to upgrade. I swapped the saddle and added a chain bash guard tho.

Word is that Shimano is forecasting mid-2024 as their return to normal business/inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Hopefully this thing stays on it's projected path and doesn't veer north: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...eads-to-taiwan
    Now projected to make a direct hit on Taiwan: https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...1581631230042/

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Word is that Shimano is forecasting mid-2024 as their return to normal business/inventory.
    Forecasting anything right now is a pretty worthless endeavor.... because no one even knows what's going to happen next month with this damn pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Forecasting anything right now is a pretty worthless endeavor.... because no one even knows what's going to happen next month with this damn pandemic.
    “I tell this story to illustrate the truth of the statement I heard long ago in the Army: Plans are worthless, but planning is everything. There is a very great distinction because when you are planning for an emergency you must start with this one thing: the very definition of “emergency” is that it is unexpected, therefore it is not going to happen the way you are planning.”
    - Dwight D Eisenhauer, Nov 1957
    U.P.: up