Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Supply

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    impressive.

good idea for staff, customers, etc. but WOW.
    It sure is weird. The stores are pretty empty, I’ve seen lots of angry customers “ why are you even open if you don’t have X, why does it take 2 months to tune my bike”

I feel bad for the staff having to answer the same questions over and over again. We all get annoyed with the shortages and wait times but I feel a lot of the “ average clients” have no idea about all the issues right now. Think because they have money it should just be here.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I've begun to enjoy telling people that the bike they looked at yesterday sold while they were out comparison shopping and no, we won't be getting another one any time soon.

Cousin sent me a text recently looking for a bike for her son and we actually had an extra small kona lanai.

A week later she replies asking what color it is, which, by then, sorry too late.

last fall I bought a FAT bike over the phone with a visa # when I could walk again I went to pick it up, shop bro told me he could have sold it 10 times.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    It sure is weird. The stores are pretty empty, I’ve seen lots of angry customers “ why are you even open if you don’t have X, why does it take 2 months to tune my bike”

I feel bad for the staff having to answer the same questions over and over again. We all get annoyed with the shortages and wait times but I feel a lot of the “ average clients” have no idea about all the issues right now. Think because they have money it should just be here.

You are right. My mom, who is generally level headed, went to a shop looking for a commuter style e-bike. Shop guy said they had one in her size arriving in a week and she could put a deposit down. She left there grumpy thinking the guy was trying to pressure her in to buying without seeing it first. I told her that bike was going to be sold before it was unboxed due to supply issues and that if she wanted it, she should call them with her cc number. She called and it was sold already. She felt bad about it.

thing is if she^^ had bought that bike without trying it mebe didnt like the color or sft

when the bike showed up they could have just sold it to someone else

Without stereotyping it seems to be the people who are new to biking or “ getting back into it”. For the most part I think regulars have the background knowledge or friends in the industry so they are aware of the cluster fuck.

^Yeah, my kid just got a stumpy evo. He's been looking and when the shop said they have it coming in a week, he put a refundable downpayment on it. It showed up and he has a new bike. Just the way it works now...

I kind of want a gravel bike, but given the state of things, I think I'm going to settle for some new tires for my antique hardtail and call it a gravel bike. Hope I can find the tires

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    I kind of want a gravel bike, but given the state of things, I think I'm going to settle for some new tires for my antique hardtail and call it a gravel bike. Hope I can find the tires
    Right?

I mean it's a pretty narrow set of circumstances that requires a gravel bike, and I frankly I don't like to ride long gravel forest roads. My 4 current bikes are faster/better in every other situation.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I'm thinking of selling the road bike and getting a gravel bike becuz where I live is in a valley, the paved roads ( many of which are not great ) end and become gravel so there are loops that require some gravel or you are just on gravel forestry roads

We used to just ride our road bikes on gravel roads without issues.....

I rip the groomed on tele gear

I put 30c CX tires on my Roubaix, that seems to take care of most of what I'm interested in riding...and the paved roads and shoulders here in the sea to sky are generally bad enough that they work out pretty well.

CAAD 7 came with 23mm tires and they are sketchy on gravel, I changed up to 25mm which is less sketchy cuz wider tires are always less sketchy, on a pure road frame like my CAAD7 there is a limit to what width I can run, I'm not sure what that is

the tires on my touring bike which is a old mtn bike are 1.95 with a pretty good pattern which is just < 2" and they are ideal

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    We used to just ride our road bikes on gravel roads without issues.....

People used to ski pow on skinny skis too

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    on a pure road frame like my CAAD7 there is a limit to what width I can run, I'm not sure what that is
    You should be able to fit 28c on a CAAD7, slick though, no knobs at all.

yeah so do I thro good money after a set of 28c slicks for the CAAD7 or sell it (still in good shape) and just buy a new bike ?

I bought 2 new FAT bikes this year and that was pretty fun so why not buy another new bike

Heh.
    “Just buy a new bike”
    Heh.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    I've begun to enjoy telling people that the bike they looked at yesterday sold while they were out comparison shopping and no, we won't be getting another one any time soon.
    Such a guilty pleasure...especially after you've told them exactly what's been happening for a full year now and they still give you that look of disbelief.

I feel for you guys in the shops though. I wouldn't go back this spring only to be dealing with more disgruntled customers and loss of 'perks'.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Heh.
    “Just buy a new bike”
    Heh.
    DB pension, CPP, OAS they just keep sending me money

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    DB pension, CPP, OAS they just keep sending me money
    Money’s not the issue though. (This is the 2021 Supply thread, right?)

there are supply issues so it probably won't be this year maybe 2022, maybe 2023

I seem to have lots of bikes to ride already

I thought the QBP site was gonna crash when SRAM 12sp chains showed up today. I’ve never seen it so slow. Sold my last Eagle chain last night, so this timing was excellent

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    I thought the QBP site was gonna crash when SRAM 12sp chains showed up today. I’ve never seen it so slow. Sold my last Eagle chain last night, so this timing was excellent

canada is 30 days away from 12 speed.

Ha, fuck, I hope we got some. Been out of 12s sram for a week or two now. Think there are a couple of shimano ones.

I committed to getting a new cx bike. Hopefully be here in like august. Cannondale has a new one coming out but it seemed like a kona was more likely to get here before the season starts.