Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Supply

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    It went to a guy who was looking to get a friend into MTB, at full asking price. When he told me that I went through all my gear to see what else I could give a new rider... old Camelback pack, extra tires, 26" tubes, chain lube I don't use any more, chain brush, multi-tool, spare pump and shock pump, spare gloves. He really only needs a helmet now to get going. He was stoked!
    Awesome job. Way to get someone totally psyched.

I just sold my 2009 Ibis MojoSL. Posted the ad 2pm Sunday, had 20 replies by that evening. Half of which were lowballs. Replied to a couple of the first responders who seemed capable of complete sentences and didn't offer a price without seeing the bike.

It went to a guy who was looking to get a friend into MTB, at full asking price. When he told me that I went through all my gear to see what else I could give a new rider... old Camelback pack, extra tires, 26" tubes, chain lube I don't use any more, chain brush, multi-tool, spare pump and shock pump, spare gloves. He really only needs a helmet now to get going. He was stoked!
    I did something similar, sold my old mojo to my neighbor that was on a yard sale special and biked everyday. So great getting random texts from him now as he cleaned his first log and is starting to up the tempo on his riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I'm selling a kids bike. It has *very* nice parts (including a barely-used top-shelf 2021 MY fork) and I'm asking what I feel is an entirely reasonable price (it's listed at 40% less than an equivalent new bike from Norco, and has better wheels).
    SHIT....this just happened last night.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e bike.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	359981

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    You deserve a “World’s best dad!” coffee cup.

So does DTM

This gives me hope for humanity and ‘murica in particular
    U.P.: up

No cause for concern, the bike I have is a dirt jumper. Nice work. Even after it goes through both kids that bike will still be worth well north of a grand. Think of it more like a long-term rental with a substantial refundable deposit.

Quote Originally Posted by stradissimo View Post
    You deserve a “World’s best dad!” coffee cup.
    r
    Well, when the singletrack is only a few blocks from the house and the kids don't want to play organized sports because they only want to ski and bike, why not, right? Hell of a lot cheaper than a single season of travelling hockey.

Hell of a lot cheaper than a single season of travelling hockey.
    Definitely one of the better aspects of the pandemic, especially here in 'hockey centric' Alberta, is seeing all the parents getting out of the arena and out being much more active with their kids and realizing life isn't all about grooming the next hockey wannabe.

Check Walmart online for parts. I had to order pedals, and a couple tools yesterday. The pedals were 25.00 less than anywhere else and the tools were cheaper as well. I've never had that happen before. Maybe their vendor requirements are causing them to lag on the need to increase pricing?

2021 Supply

Hah, little bro has the "this will be mine one day" smile

On another note, the local and regional online retailers were low on inventory, but I successfully ebay ordered what I wanted from overseas on the shimano front and it arrived a month before the end of the shipping estimate.

I also recently sold a spawn that was stomped on by two baby gorillas for a very decent price but didn’t want to get too ridiculous with asking price
    Last edited by klauss; 01-28-2021 at 09:39 PM.

Yeah I know a kid with a 16" spawn and i think it has got him riding further/faster... totally worth it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

This is making the rounds on an industry FB page...

“ When you ordered for 2021 back in September of 2020 and haven't seen those bikes yet and then they send you a notice for Pre-Launch Ordering for 2022:
    ====================
    What are the conditions?
    This is an early launch or pre-launch that will initially maintain the same commercial conditions as the 2021 range.
    Due to the long timeline before the 2022 range becomes available and the unpredictability of a changing market, you will not be able to see dates or prices. "Brand" will share this information as soon as possible.
    You will not be able to view specs or photos of the models.
    How can you order?
    You can only place orders through the QUICK ORDER button where the icon of the colors is visible. Do not select the VIEW MODEL button, as photos of the various models, colors, specs or options are not available and you won’t be able to view or order from this button.
    ====================
    I mean, I just can't anymore... smh”
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/Sa...xk2qkFlyieKQfk

"New saddle orders are taking 400 days"
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Velo, the company with the 400 day lead time, traditionally has 90+ day lead times anyways because they are a large OE. They make saddles for almost everyone.

I think the biggest bummer is that probably at least 1/3 of the saddles they make never get ridden and go straight into the landfill or a closet when people pull them off of new bikes. It'd be rad to see brands sell some of these types of parts a la carte to avoid waste...and give the local dealers a shot to make some extra money by fitting a saddle properly. Wishful thinking though.

Yeah I had that thought too: big distributors like SC, Spec, etc. are completely inflexible in their build kits, even on totally irrelevant parts like saddles, stems, grips, bars. Hell, maybe even tires or wheels. I'm surprised they haven't started giving to dealers to up-spec (most likely, or down spec) some parts if it means taking delivery sooner.

Other companies like GG and to a lesser extent Ibis are changing their build kits constantly now to keep moving bikes out the door.

I emailed Revel a few weeks ago. Frames and forks ready to go soon, full builds.... Fall.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I emailed Revel a few weeks ago. Frames and forks ready to go soon, full builds.... Fall.
    Can confirm, Ranger frame ordered by LBS on a Friday arrived the following Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Will they sell just a frame + fork package?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

have been seeing other bike shops, online, get new bikes, but missing parts like cassettes

Brands are calling them with "I have bike XYZ in stock, except for a cassette, you want it for the discount on the MIA parts" most stores are saying yes, cuz its that or no bikes at all.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    That is my understanding.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    That’s what I bought. RS supply is an issue, my fork got downgraded from ultimate to select but they adjusted the price accordingly.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

They also have DVO at same price as the standard RS offering. I've had and liked both, but DVO has great customer service and is local in Socal.

When I sent my SID back for bushing wear and topping out RS replied they could not replicate the issue and sent it back. So I guess I just wait til its so bad they can no longer deny it? When I had a bushing issue with DVO they took care of it, no issues.

^^ I wanted to go DVO but it didn't make sense on a Ranger based on configurations. The 120 Sapphire is 44offset and if I go to a 130 they recommend a 51, plus I think that Sapphire is only 120 or 140. Pretty sure I'm going to want 130 when it's all done

It's so hard to be a white mountain biker in America these days
    Last edited by ticketchecker; 02-13-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Yeah for the Ranger I'd stick with the SID if you can, they work great on the spur. I was looking at the Rail, DVO makes more sense there.

Yeah for the Ranger I'd stick with the SID if you can, they work great on the spur. I was looking at the Rail, DVO makes more sense there.
    I done did that