Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Supply

I was talking to the guy from Felt last night and like so many others they are already sold out for the year. They have bikes coming to fill most of the orders placed last summer but aren't taking any new orders until September because the soonest anything could be delivered is spring 2022. I also talked to 3 other bike co's last week and they're in the same position, order books are straight up closed until early '22. There's also a fair chance that a large quantity of drivetrain parts were in a group of containers that dumped off a boat recently as OE availability from a critical parts manufacturer got pushed back 8-12 months yesterday and a little sleuthing has led to this conclusion. It also looks like Bell/Giro may have lost a few containers to this same problem last week.

So they are really going with a "it fell off a boat" excuse?

Sure they did. Sure.
    Live Free or Die

It did happen on two ships. I have a couple clients in panic with lost inventory. Brutal luck if it hits your bike companies who had already Handled all of this poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I was talking to the guy from Felt last night and like so many others they are already sold out for the year. They have bikes coming to fill most of the orders placed last summer but aren't taking any new orders until September because the soonest anything could be delivered is spring 2022. I also talked to 3 other bike co's last week and they're in the same position, order books are straight up closed until early '22. There's also a fair chance that a large quantity of drivetrain parts were in a group of containers that dumped off a boat recently as OE availability from a critical parts manufacturer got pushed back 8-12 months yesterday and a little sleuthing has led to this conclusion. It also looks like Bell/Giro may have lost a few containers to this same problem last week.
    Holy shit that’s brutal. How many nut punches can this industry take? Do ebikes get priority spec in 2021 and beyond?
    bumps are for poor people

Have any of you heard anything about Kona’s ordering?
    I requested just a Hei-Hei frame recently, but it’s been radio silence.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

2021 Supply

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Not sure about right now but I was able to get one. Early December order after a month of LBS reaching out 2x times a week, delivery was mid January.

Thought i saw another mag(frorider) order a XL frame in last couple weeks(end of jan), in 2021 bikes that make your shorts tight thread.
    Drink to remember not to forget!
    Fourisight Wines

Our delivery dates aren’t supposed to be until May, not sure if that affects ordering capability now.
    But thanks!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    It did happen on two ships. I have a couple clients in panic with lost inventory. Brutal luck if it hits your bike companies who had already Handled all of this poorly.
    The parts that were lost weren't even on a trans Pacific shipment, this was on (off ) a smaller boat somewhere in SE Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    A friend was trying recently and finally found one in Portland after calling like 40 Kona dealers. Obviously he paid full retail but it sounds like the dealer was cool.

We were looking for a "downcountry" bike for the last couple of months and have been told by most manufacturers that no industry deals are available this season. I'm glad I snagged the Ripley last year when I could.

I did finally get a replacement XT rear der (failed clutch) after a 2 month wait, so some Shimano stuff is working its way through. I'm really stoked to have a full drivetrain for spares.... I'll prob grab a couple of chains and maybe some tires so that we'll be all set for 2021, no matter how much we ride.

Sent from my SM-P610 using TGR Forums mobile app
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

PSA: Jenson showing Ibis Ripmo AF, SLX build, size L and XL, in stock next week.
    https://www.jensonusa.com/Ibis-Ripmo-AF-SLX-Bike-2021

I may or may not have ordered a large...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

i bought the last Norco bigfoot 3 over the phone last sept cha-ching so they put it in the basement

i picked it up 2 months later and shop bro told me he could have sold it 10 times
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Well fuck me... Just reached out to Jensen for a wishful update on my wife's Ripley v4 GX order - placed in Oct with a late June delivery date. Sales guy (who has been awful to work with) just got back to me saying it looks like Feb 2022.

I'm sure this has to do with drivetrain parts delay, but fucking sucks. Time to start calling Ibis dealers!

^ have you asked about an incomplete build? Many brands are shipping without complete parts, abs crediting the store for the missing chain or shifter.
    It’s allowing shops to have bikes on the floor and slowing them to source/spec the missing component.

Yeah, I’ll ask on that. Jensen, and this sales guy, have been challenging to say the least, regardless of the pandemic/delays.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Yeah, I’ll ask on that. Jensen, and this sales guy, have been challenging to say the least, regardless of the pandemic/delays.

Cancel your order and go with something from a small guy like GG or Revel. You'll get it this year at least (much sooner with GG).

Norco just (like within the last week) jacked up the price of their kids' full suspension bikes by $600 across the board, even though they are totally unobtanium right now. Jesus Christ. Glad I got one for my kid three weeks ago.

The RSD fat bike frame I ordered in early December has been pushed back for a third time to mid-March and the price went up too. I'd cancel the order but there just aren't any frames out there. The pile of parts for it will continue to sit in the garage.

On the bright side, I put a few old drivetrain parts, stems and bars on eBay and got offers on nearly everything within a few hours. Now's the time to sell your old bike shit.

I have a deposit on a Norco Optic C2 Shimano. Was $4449 when I bought and last I checked, now $5099. Good thing I got in on order earlier, assuming it ever arrives...

What's the chance of being able to pickup a full drivetrain right now? What would be the best way to even do this?

Crisis hopefully averted. We called around to a bunch of Ibis dealers and Mountain Peddler in Eagle ended up having one in-bound in April, GX with Carbon S28’s as she wanted. We put $500 down so it should be in the works.

Big ups to Mountain Peddler. The guy there was awesome and super helpful. Sounds like they have good inventory of drivetrains as well fwiw

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    What's the chance of being able to pickup a full drivetrain right now? What would be the best way to even do this?
    It's about $100-150 more than it should be, but here you go:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2020-Sh...QAAOSwGYNfOhcv

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Big ups to Mountain Peddler Eagle. The guy there was awesome and super helpful. Sounds like they have good inventory of drivetrains as well fwiw
    These are really good guys.

2021 Supply

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    PSA: Jenson showing Ibis Ripmo AF, SLX build, size L and XL, in stock next week.
    https://www.jensonusa.com/Ibis-Ripmo-AF-SLX-Bike-2021

I may or may not have ordered a large...
    Good luck. Jenson pushed my Ripmo order out from November ‘20, to June ‘21, then to August. So I cancelled and got a different frame.

I buy from Jenson all the time. But I wouldn’t trust a lead time from any bike retailer at this time...

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

2021 Supply

I ordered a bike last Thurs. Deposit given Monday after confirming with manufacturer. Malpracticing dentist build. LBS says 3-4 weeks subject to part availability/shipping delays/moon cycles/ whims of the rep etc etc. Consider me highly skeptical.
    Posting here purely so I can come back later and complain about it being delayed.
    If I get to ride it this summer I’ll be stoked. If it pushes to fall or later I’ll cancel and ride old steed one more year.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmjoe View Post
    Not sure about right now but I was able to get one. Early December order after a month of LBS reaching out 2x times a week, delivery was mid January.

Thought i saw another mag(frorider) order a XL frame in last couple weeks(end of jan), in 2021 bikes that make your shorts tight thread.
    Yeah no update from kona yet.