Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun Valley Beta

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    I live in Sun Valley. Our family had COVID in October. Just got positive tests again yesterday after multiple days of feeling like shit. Wife is suffering pretty hard.

Likely spreader event was post evening skin beers at Lefty’s. Stupidly assumed I had more immunity being only 3-4 months since we had it. We were still pretty careful but having already had it we allowed ourselves the odd indulgence of normalcy. 3 others at the table got it too within a couple of days. One had already had it in March. So 2 reinfections.

I think reinfection is going to start to be a big thing, particularly with the variants.

Take that data point as you will.
    You guys both tested positive a 2nd time around? Do you know if this might be one of the new strains floating around? That really, really sucks. Hope for a speedy recovery.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    You guys both tested positive a 2nd time around? Do you know if this might be one of the new strains floating around? That really, really sucks. Hope for a speedy recovery.
    I didn’t take a test in October, had symptoms, my wife had them worse and tested positive. I was told not to bother testing and just to assume I had it.

My wife just tested positive again yesterday. I got tested today and awaiting results probably early am. I’ll edit the post.

Other guy had it in March but didn’t take at the time but had confirmed antibodies after. He picked it up again too.

Kind of think shit might get wild again as there’s a large “I’ve had it crowd” (I was one of them to a lesser extent...)

Idaho apparently isn’t checking strains so we have absolutely no data which is insane. But I think it’s got to be.

I live in Sun Valley. Our family had COVID in October. Just got positive tests again yesterday after multiple days of feeling like shit. Wife is suffering pretty hard.

Likely spreader event was post evening skin beers at Lefty’s. Stupidly assumed I had more immunity being only 3-4 months since we had it. We were still pretty careful but having already had it we allowed ourselves the odd indulgence of normalcy. 3 others at the table got it too within a couple of days. One had already had it in March. So 2 reinfections.

I think reinfection is going to start to be a big thing, particularly with the variants.

Take that data point as you will.

Not the first time Lefty's was the covid transmission site. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Russet Burbank View Post
    Not the first time Lefty's was the covid transmission site. Hoping for a speedy recovery.
    Yeah...That’s the truth.

Thanks dude.

Shit that’s alarming. I’m just under 65, my wife is over 65. We have been ultra careful, and we are banging our heads against the wall trying to get vaccinated without success.

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    Shit that’s alarming. I’m just under 65, my wife is over 65. We have been ultra careful, and we are banging our heads against the wall trying to get vaccinated without success.

250,000 over 65 in Idaho and it's expected to take 10 weeks. The new variants are 30-40% more transmissible and the vaccines perhaps are not effective agaisnt them. We've cut down even further on our exposure. I can see mask wearing/social distancing going beyond the time we're vaccinated and covid boosters being added to the yearly flu shot for many years. There will be lots of reservoirs of this disease to continually mutate and travel back around to reignite hotspots.

Buddies got shots today and tomorrow in Pocky, Chubbock, and Twin.

if you're in idaho, this is hard to believe. fwiw, i believe that idaho is vaxxing anyone over 65 who makes an appt and shows up. you don't even need to be a resident. my neighbors here in utah drove up to Pocatello last week and got vaxxed no problem.

Are they all going home? I hope so. This week was nuts.

i'll be in sun valley in three weeks. probably the opposite of beta that anyone here would give a shit about.....but at the lodge pools are they being pretty strict about the 1 hour reservation thing?

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    i'll be in sun valley in three weeks. probably the opposite of beta that anyone here would give a shit about.....but at the lodge pools are they being pretty strict about the 1 hour reservation thing?
    Any SVCo facility w an attendant I would imagine is strictly enforced, the ski locker rooms otoh not so much.

Are they all going home? I hope so. This week was nuts.
    They're not going home - they live here now.... At least most of 'em don't ski where we do.

CK

Quote Originally Posted by da klixter View Post
    They're not going home - they live here now.... At least most of 'em don't ski where we do.

CK

Much better today!

Heading up next weekend to use my Snowbasin days. My wife has shown interest in skiing her one half day of the year next weekend.

Anyone have a connection on cheap lift tickets for a day?

Heading up next weekend to use my Snowbasin days. My wife has shown interest in skiing her one half day of the year next weekend.

Check KSL

I can help you out w a 50% off (looks like $75/day including the discount)friends and family. Shoot me a pm if interested. I have to call for the details, haven't used them before. It's daylight savings next weekend too, sunrise and softer snow will be an hour later next Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    I can help you out w a 50% off (looks like $75/day including the discount)friends and family. Shoot me a pm if interested. I have to call for the details, haven't used them before. It's daylight savings next weekend too, sunrise and softer snow will be an hour later next Sunday.
    Thanks! I have the same deal w/ my snowbasin pass so if anyone wants 50% here it's an open offer and I have 5 that won't get used.

I have a local friend in hailey I am waiting to hear back from but may take you up on this. I'll move to PM. Thanks!

Also KSL suprisingly a ghost town, but boise craigslist has a few...

31 degrees at 9am - even with the time change. Today's the day for corn!

CK

31 degrees at 9am - even with the time change. Today's the day for corn!

CK

The wind finally laid down too.

What a surprise today. My best day of the year (so far).

CK

We visited SV last year just around when covid was getting going. One of our favorite hills for sure. On the POSH factor it was pretty much the top tier for ski places we've been to. The piste terrain was awesome too. The town was pricey ... but with great food.

Deb Armstrong and Mike Hattrup ski interview. Pretty easy to recognize the place in the video once you see them on the chair together. Hattrup seems like a very down-to-earth and approachable fellow. Good to see Deb doing so much on moguls lately too.

Just wanted to share this for those that don't follow Deb.

OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Sun Valley’s a great hill!

I think Mike missed out in 8th grade.

What a surprise today. My best day of the year (so far).

CK
    Yesterday at SV did not suck.

As Mike Brunetto once said "The worst day of skiing I ever had was not that bad".

CK

The flyer on my car in the warm spring parking lot said it closed at 6 pm.

Wonder if they pulled it off?

Saw a man in a suit stuff 5 dozen oysters in in a back bag and head up .

Love the valley of the sun !