Page 114 of 226 FirstFirst ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 5634
    That's all I can gather from his useless review.

In this day and age when small mom and pop restaurants, especially in towns like Troy, NY, are just trying to make it out of the pandemic, who does that kind of shit full-well knowing that the 800lb gorilla in Ted's Fish Fry is right across the street just hoping to dominate the local food scene and drive out competition.

Unconscionable.
    I still call it The Jake.

Let's fuck with Rocky. We need a plan.

I've got plenty of dogshit, TR can get to Troy, now we need to know what Rocky drives. TR I'll meet you at the weed store in Great Barrington at 4:00 for the handoff. Wear gloves.

Ok but for all we know, he/she/ze could be one of us. That road is the gateway to world class skiing in S.VT.

I just Googled Rocky HD. I dunno about this ice. This has all the makings of a bad plan.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 285
Size:  52.9 KB
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    world class skiing in S.VT.
    Wait, wuht?

I dunno, we tend to be a little wordier than Rocky.

Wait, do you think Rocky runs the big drill at a certain S.Vt ski area?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Wait, wuht?
    What did you not understand?

Dog poop bags. As I was walking the pooch last night, it occurred to me that when in a city/community, you never see dog poop bags just sitting on the edge of the sidewalk, but hiking on a trail a mile away, they are rampant. I know dogs are walking the streets and pooping, so why do those poop bags not get left? Surely some of those owners are doing an "out and back" and could think they'll pick it up on the way back (to preempt the common answer for leaving poop bags).

Do owners fear more enforcement in a municipality, either from police or neighbors? Are we on that razor-thin of a margin between lawfulness and anarchy?
    Do owners think there's a poop fairy on the trails that whisks the poop bags away?
    Do owners not want to leave poop bags in their figurative "backyard" but leaving on a trail is no big deal?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    What did you not understand?
    The part about there being world class skiing south of US Route 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Dog poop bags. As I was walking the pooch last night, it occurred to me that when in a city/community, you never see dog poop bags just sitting on the edge of the sidewalk, but hiking on a trail a mile away, they are rampant. I know dogs are walking the streets and pooping, so why do those poop bags not get left? Surely some of those owners are doing an "out and back" and could think they'll pick it up on the way back (to preempt the common answer for leaving poop bags).

Do owners fear more enforcement in a municipality, either from police or neighbors? Are we on that razor-thin of a margin between lawfulness and anarchy?
    Do owners think there's a poop fairy on the trails that whisks the poop bags away?
    Do owners not want to leave poop bags in their figurative "backyard" but leaving on a trail is no big deal?
    You haven't walked in my neighborhood. And then there are the ones who don't use a bag. Just leave the poop.
    A lot of night time dog walkers. What happens under the cover of darkness shall not be revealed.
    If no one sees you, did you really do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    You haven't walked in my neighborhood. And then there are the ones who don't use a bag. Just leave the poop.
    A lot of night time dog walkers. What happens under the cover of darkness shall not be revealed.
    If no one sees you, did you really do it?
    Well, in my neighborhood, I never see poop bags on the sidewalk, and I also rarely see poop, or at least rare relative to the number of dogs I see walked. Most dog owners are picking up their poop around here.

Gotta have a flashlight for the nighttime pickup. Without it, you're doomed. You'd think you would be able to pick up poop given that you saw exactly where your dog pooped, but it's amazing how dark brown poop disappears when it's dark.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Well, in my neighborhood, I never see poop bags on the sidewalk, and I also rarely see poop, or at least rare relative to the number of dogs I see walked. Most dog owners are picking up their poop around here.

Gotta have a flashlight for the nighttime pickup. Without it, you're doomed. You'd think you would be able to pick up poop given that you saw exactly where your dog pooped, but it's amazing how dark brown poop disappears when it's dark.
    Just stomp around in the general area, you'll find it right quick.

As a dog owner that picks up my dog’s poop, I think I may be in the demographic most likely to step in some other dog’s shit

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Just stomp around in the general area, you'll find it right quick.
    You can also find it by getting down on your hands and knees and sniffing around. When our dog was a puppy and had the occasional incident on the highly patterned Persian rug this is what we did.

Whats the posted speed limit on that street?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Is there a nationwide hash brown shortage? Shelf has been light for a few months and zero bags on the shelf today.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    The gf's apt complex has a parking garage. There are reserved spots intermingled with non, designated by a reserved sign. She gets home after a long day of work and parks in a non designated spot. Turns out sign had fallen off of wall and was laying face down on the ground. No reason to not park in a non, they are just as close to door and on same level. Resident whose spot was blocked has her towed. Shouldn't management have to get involved before towing? Wouldn't they be liable for sign not mounted to wall?
    Too late for the gf, but maybe still a useful article? https://www.cpr.org/2022/06/08/tow-c...otice-new-law/

And trying to hold a leash, a phone in flashlight mode, and a poop bag at once is also a challenge.

I try to step close enough during the deposit that my toe points at the poo. It helps, but only so much, especially when the dog decides to move between deposits.

I'll also admit that if you don't want to clear out the leaves near the sidewalk and I can't find the poop, I'm not going to feel too bad about it. The size of poop my pomsky usually drops looks remarkably like a curled leaf at and beyond dusk.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Is there a nationwide hash brown shortage? Shelf has been light for a few months and zero bags on the shelf today.
    Are you referring to a potato shortage, or are you buying some kind of pre-made, bagged "hashbrowns"?

Buy potatoes.

Make hash browns.

#problemsolved

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Headlamp.

I know that I'm far more concerned about dealing with a poop bag for a longer hike versus a shorter walk around town. On an out and back hike, I'm more inclined to try to remember to pick it up on the way back to the car, but I won't bag it until I'm ready to pick it up, either.

I've also managed to leave both dog poo bags and dirty diapers (from my kids, not the dog) in the enclosed bed of my truck for multiple days. Not a big deal in the winter, but seriously less than ideal in the summer.

So door bell rings. Kid at the door asks me if I drive the old Suburban I have. Not much. He then goes into how he has $$ cash and would like to buy it. Long story short, I don't need the car and his situation is - kicked out of house, sort of staying with friends - basically homeless. Needs Suburban to sleep in and drive to work. Honestly seemed like an ok kid. He's 16 fucking years old. Shitty situation. I considered selling it to him but he's a freakin minor who will probably never register it and potentially run someone over because he's 16 and that vehicle is a handful. Told him I'll get back to him but probably no. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    So door bell rings. Kid at the door asks me if I drive the old Suburban I have. Not much. He then goes into how he has $$ cash and would like to buy it. Long story short, I don't need the car and his situation is - kicked out of house, sort of staying with friends - basically homeless. Needs Suburban to sleep in and drive to work. Honestly seemed like an ok kid. He's 16 fucking years old. Shitty situation. I considered selling it to him but he's a freakin minor who will probably never register it and potentially run someone over because he's 16 and that vehicle is a handful. Told him I'll get back to him but probably no. Thoughts?
    I've gotten a call from a garage asking if I was going to pay the tow fees on a vehicle I'd sold a month before it got totaled. If you sell it, I'd make damn sure you have documentation that you did and at least full info (name, DOB, cell number) for the guy you sell it to.

Yup, maybe go to the dmv to complete the sale?

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    I've gotten a call from a garage asking if I was going to pay the tow fees on a vehicle I'd sold a month before it got totaled. If you sell it, I'd make damn sure you have documentation that you did and at least full info (name, DOB, cell number) for the guy you sell it to.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Even more so, I don't know if a contract can be enforced with a minor. I saw that on People's Court so I'm trusting Judge Wapner.