Page 47 of 226 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 5637
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    wtf did I just see? A bright object in the sky, orange-red and flickering, it seemed to be on fire. Roughly kite-shaped and appeared to be traveling slowly and perhaps rising or else traveling level. Hard to ay how far away it was but it seemed like a couple of miles or so. Freaky as hell for sure.
    Chinese [sky] lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Chinese [sky] lantern.
    huh. maybe so.

go to about 4:45

It would help to know what drugs, if any, that you were on when you saw this thing on fire.

wtf did I just see? A bright object in the sky, orange-red and flickering, it seemed to be on fire. Roughly kite-shaped and appeared to be traveling slowly and perhaps rising or else traveling level. Hard to ay how far away it was but it seemed like a couple of miles or so. Freaky as hell for sure.
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Roughly kite-shaped
    missed this part. likely not Bezos as he only travels in roughly penis-shaped vehicles.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    "time to die"

In the life imitates art file, Rutger Hauer died the same year as Roy Batty died in Blade Runner. 2019

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    It would help to know what drugs, if any, that you were on when you saw this thing on fire.
    And send some to me.

What do you do with worn out memorabilia T-shirt’s? Winning seasons of a team you were on, races you entered, etc.

Rags. Although no team I was on ever won anything.

There's people who will make them into a quilt for you for a fee.

Reader glasses inserts for goggles - anyone tried them? Good? Bad? Indifferent? Checking phone on the chair is getting annoyingly difficult without glasses… same goes for bike riding…

How come we're still using pennies? I mean, isn't it time to just start rounding up or down on small cash transactions? Haven't other countries with similar currency values stopped using them?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    How come we're still using pennies? I mean, isn't it time to just start rounding up or down on small cash transactions? Haven't other countries with similar currency values stopped using them?
    From what I've heard, the zinc lobby is very powerful (newer pennies are copper plated zinc, 97.5% zinc and 2.5% copper).

We Canucks gave up the physical penny a few years ago now. It only exists for electronic money, the price is just rounded to the nearest $.05 for cash transactions. Seems to work alright. The odd penny still makes an appearance when cleaning out desk drawers or storage boxes.

Don't nickel and dime me, bro.

A Canadian penny was like 0.007 US.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

So much for change for a nickel

What’s that in Ogdens?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    How else would someone be able to ask if you "have change for a nickel?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    So much for change for a nickel
    who knew the TRG lobby was so powerful?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    who knew the TRG lobby was so powerful?
    More powerful than the server room fan!

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    We Canucks gave up the physical penny a few years ago now. It only exists for electronic money, the price is just rounded to the nearest $.05 for cash transactions. Seems to work alright. The odd penny still makes an appearance when cleaning out desk drawers or storage boxes.
    Hmm.

Sounds familiar

Name:  Image1627937704.954254.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  77.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Reader glasses inserts for goggles - anyone tried them? Good? Bad? Indifferent? Checking phone on the chair is getting annoyingly difficult without glasses… same goes for bike riding…
    There’s pince nez readers that you peel and stick to the back of your phone.
    They are handy.

https://www.thinoptics.com/readers/r...-universal-pod

Or for skiing a fresnel lens magnifying credit card can punch a hole in it and put on your season pass lanyard around your neck.
    . . .

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    anyone ever deal with inner ear vertigo funk
    its been a hell week for me with a couple days of imbalance and vertigo to the point of puking
    monday sucked, tues i managed to work but it sucked weds i was wrecked again one of the wifes pt friends came to the house with these funky goggles that can detect eye movement tied to inner ear imbalance and did some tests which at the time didnt do much
    went into the clinic that night for more tests one of which was like riding the tilt a whirl most of the way into a 5th of booze
    Finally i guess the crystals went back in the canal/home they should be and i feel better the last couple days but still suffering a bit and feel like ass
    Sposed to try another treatment tonight
    anybody ever deal with this shit?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    anyone ever deal with inner ear vertigo funk
    its been a hell week for me with a couple days of imbalance and vertigo to the point of puking
    monday sucked, tues i managed to work but it sucked weds i was wrecked again one of the wifes pt friends came to the house with these funky goggles that can detect eye movement tied to inner ear imbalance and did some tests which at the time didnt do much
    went into the clinic that night for more tests one of which was like riding the tilt a whirl most of the way into a 5th of booze
    Finally i guess the crystals went back in the canal/home they should be and i feel better the last couple days but still suffering a bit and feel like ass
    Sposed to try another treatment tonight
    anybody ever deal with this shit?
    I have had BPPV and it sucks ass. Sorry, mang. At my worst I recall crawling on the floor to open the back door to let the dog out.

Definitely find people who specialize in this shit, the Eppley Maneuver did wonders for me the first time (I think that's the name of it), and the next time a PT gave me some at-home things to do that also helped it subside. Haven't had it in a while now. *knocks wood* The first doc I saw couldn't do shit, although he luckily did connect me with the guy who did the Eppley thing.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy