Page 72 of 226 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 5635
    Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I got one once. Mother fucking telemarketers spoofed Mike’s phone number.
    What a great opportunity to tell him about Mike's thoughts on the matter. And to reach out to who still matters as a reminder of his spirit. Maybe he was spamming you for a reason? Hmmmmm....
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    UGG's makes basically a version of that.
    I have the UGG Tasman. Those Merrells appear to have a more rugged sole. Better on icy/slick stuff.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Why did the back button thingie on my mouse die today? The pointer and scroll wheel work perfectly. Yes, I've deleted the driver and reinstalled. Hmm, annoying perhaps, but more perplexing.

That the UGG you mentioned? Looks comfy!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

LaCrosse makes some really nice slip on boots. I have the Aero Insulators for when it's particularly sloppy. They have a better heel pocket than Mucks, so they're a bit easier to walk long distances in. If you need a steel shank or safety toe type features, Dunlop Purofort, FTMFW.

I'm a fan of Blundstones for everyday use. Durable, comfortable, easy to put on/take off, and they're really grippy on wet surfaces. They aren't the best on snow and ice, but they also aren't waterproof or insulated. Although on that note, my feet have never gotten wet in my Blundstones even when I've been slogging through mud and water a few inches deep in them. That single piece leather upper really doesn't leak.

I got to 14 before I got to C. Didn't have the heart to go further.
    Geez, that's nuts. I don't think i even knew 14 people who are now dead, and that's including my grandparents. Certainly not 14 since the advent of cell phones. Wait, are you Bill Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    LaCrosse makes some really nice slip on boots. I have the Aero Insulators for when it's particularly sloppy. They have a better heel pocket than Mucks, so they're a bit easier to walk long distances in. If you need a steel shank or safety toe type features, Dunlop Purofort, FTMFW.

I'm a fan of Blundstones for everyday use. Durable, comfortable, easy to put on/take off, and they're really grippy on wet surfaces. They aren't the best on snow and ice, but they also aren't waterproof or insulated. Although on that note, my feet have never gotten wet in my Blundstones even when I've been slogging through mud and water a few inches deep in them. That single piece leather upper really doesn't leak.
    I’m going to second the lacrosse recommendation, but have never worn Mucks. I have a pair of their Alpha Range boot with the non-metallic protective toe.

Very comfortable fit, heel pocket helps with the normal sliding around, warm, etc.

I got to 14 before I got to C. Didn't have the heart to go further.
    Geez, that's nuts. I don't think i even knew 14 people who are now dead, and that's including my grandparents. Certainly not 14 since the advent of cell phones. Wait, are you Bill Clinton

Anyone around here a realtor in SLC?

Wife's start date is July 1. The realtor recommended by her new boss has waning interest since they found out we are not spending 1M+.

Why did the back button thingie on my mouse die today? The pointer and scroll wheel work perfectly. Yes, I've deleted the driver and reinstalled. Hmm, annoying perhaps, but more perplexing.
    I kept knocking my mouse off the standing desk and eventually the right click button died. It was old too.

I ordered a cheap one from Amazon/China and it is like half the size.

My house has a handful of outlets that are installed upside-down.

I attributed it to having an old house with homeowner electrical work.

I recently noticed that our town's new (built in the last 3-4 years) Elementary School also has some upside-down outlets.

What gives? Is there a reason for this??

School was definitely done by pros..

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post

I recently noticed that our town's new (built in the last 3-4 years) Elementary School also has some upside-down outlets.

No electrician, but I seem to recall some years ago the placing the grounding outlet at the top provided some form of protection in specific circumstances. i.e. if the plug was partially exposed, contacting the hot and neutral leads was less likely with the ground in the way.

If something metal falls between the outlet and the plug it hits the ground prong and not the hot prongs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Do they not make duck boots out west?

Northeast/Great Lakes winters, sloppy southern springs, and just about everything in-between, lined, not lined, waterproof, slip on slip off, and you don't look like you're trying to get on a new boat after drinking yourself off the last one, or like a line cook in crocs.
    Don't they all come from China? So we get them first before the east coast does. But yeah, we've heard of duck boots in the west. Mine are lined, lace up, for snow not deep enough for Sorels. (Those are still made in Canada, eh?)

Nope. Sorels they haven't been made in Canada for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Do they not make duck boots out west?

Northeast/Great Lakes winters, sloppy southern springs, and just about everything in-between, lined, not lined, waterproof, slip on slip off, and you don't look like you're trying to get on a new boat after drinking yourself off the last one, or like a line cook in crocs.

When we bought our house all the outlets had the polarity reversed--had to have them all rewired.

Yup. I don't think parent company Columbia Sportswear makes anything in NA anymore. I just buy Kamiks now at py Tire instead of the brand name marked-up Sorels.

Would've just been cheaper to reverse the polarity at the panel box! White Black, its all copper....

Except for the wonderful Al in my house.

Some sparkys do this with switched outlets

Yup, that's my experience. Upside down outlets are usually installed that way in order to show that they're controlled by a wall switch.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

There are blundstones that are marketed as winter version (waterproof/insulated footbed). I have a pair. Although as you mentioned the regular ones are pretty weatherproof as is.

and of course Blundstones aren't made in Australia anymore either.

Somewhat oddly, earlier today I became aware of the RM Williams company, who still make their high-end Blundstone-type shoes in Australia. They look pretty nice. https://www.rmwilliams.com

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Anyone around here a realtor in SLC?

Wife's start date is July 1. The realtor recommended by her new boss has waning interest since they found out we are not spending 1M+.
    ill pm you lumpys digits
    solid dude
    lemme know if ya come visit and need a place to crash
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    There are blundstones that are marketed as winter version (waterproof/insulated footbed). I have a pair. Although as you mentioned the regular ones are pretty weatherproof as is.
    I had a pair of those and returned them. If I need a true winter boot, I'm going for something taller/with a more aggressive tread than a Blundstone. Part of the magic of Blundstones is that they're super breathable (and as a result don't ever stink) because they don't have a waterproof membrane in them. Get the 550's and change the thickness of the socks you wear depending on the weather.

Ice, those RM Williams boots are nice but I could buy 3 pairs of Blundstones for what a pair of them costs. I get 4+ years of nearly daily wear out of a pair of Blundstones, so I think they're "good enough."