Page 119 of 226 FirstFirst ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 5634
    Do people actually use Discover Cards?

Why are probiotic pills marketed as “vegetarian”

So vegetarians will buy them.

Hypocrites

Now that you mention it, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Do people actually use Discover Cards?
    I do, when the rewards are good.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm not sure I've ever actually seen one.

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220702_041456920.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	420484
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I need to see the other side before I believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220702_041456920.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	420484
    Purple, like royalty. Can’t imagine the respect earned when you plonk that thing down.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Purple, like royalty. Can’t imagine the respect earned when you plonk that thing down.
    You try to impress people with your credit card?

It's not the respect I'm earning, it's the 5% cash back.

I like the respect I get when I plonk down my Wells Fargo visa card in France--and salespeople go nuts over the picture of the stagecoach. You know how the PBS crowd goes nuts over everything English (especially my wife)? It's like that in Europe with cowboys and Indians. The most popular author in Germany is Karl May, who wrote about the Old West. We have a German friend who's seriously into line dancing, with full Western regalia. It's very very big over there.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I like the respect I get when I plonk down my Wells Fargo visa card in France--and salespeople go nuts over the picture of the stagecoach. You know how the PBS crowd goes nuts over everything English (especially my wife)? It's like that in Europe with cowboys and Indians. The most popular author in Germany is Karl May, who wrote about the Old West. We have a German friend who's seriously into line dancing, with full Western regalia. It's very very big over there.
    When I was in the wine industry a lot out of my French customers were like that. They wanted to go to these dude ranches, or at least experience the “West”.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's not the respect I'm earning, it's the 5% cash back.
    I've considered one for exactly that reason. Is it working for you?

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    I've considered one for exactly that reason. Is it working for you?
    I definitely play the rewards game. So I have my standard 2% card which is used for everything that isn't an extra reward item, I have a US Bank Cash+ card that gives me 5% on utilities and streaming services, Costco card for costco-gas-restaurants-travel, Amex Blue for groceries, Amazon card for amazon stuff, and Discover for the rotating categories. It's pretty simple once you get used to it, and it does make me carry around a few cards (Costanza wallet). Discover is the most challenging one to use, since the categories change every quarter, but it's still worth it to pay attention and get 5% back on groceries for 3 months, or 5% back on all restaurants for 3 months.

It absolutely works. Many hundreds of dollars over the course of the year, I cash them in when money is tight or when I'm going on vacation.

I have a Chase Freedom that has rotating 5% rewards, plus 2% on all purchases (if memory serves correctly). It’s blue though, not purple, so nobody’s impressed.

When I’ve been in Europe and used credit cards people seem more confused than anything: You don’t have a PIN number? It says here we need to get your signature?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Doesn't Wells still charge foreign transaction fees?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

How many identity theft and credit monitoring services can a person have running concurrently?

I've been getting notices of data breaches almost monthly the last year or two. The most recent ones are from Capital One and a previous mortgage company. Most seem to offer free credit monitoring after it happens or as part of a settlement in the inevitable lawsuit that follows.

credit monitoring

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    How many identity theft and credit monitoring services can a person have running concurrently?

I've been getting notices of data breaches almost monthly the last year or two. The most recent ones are from Capital One and a previous mortgage company. Most seem to offer free credit monitoring after it happens or as part of a settlement in the inevitable lawsuit that follows.
    I think it can be infinite, you should probably try asking them to stop following you.

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Since it was recently referenced in another thread, when/why/how did eating ass become a thing?
    As in “She’s so hot, I would eat her ass!”? Pretty sure I first thought that in 1990. Can’t speak for the collective.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

What kinda peppers are these? Tag said cayenne but the shape isn't correct.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220705_142732-01.jpeg 
Views:	64 
Size:	192.0 KB 
ID:	420765
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

What size are they? Could be habanero maybe?

Initially I guessed habaneros too but they're a little bigger than that. Nowhere near bell pepper size but very similar shape. Maybe a touch more than 2" long.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Not a habanero. Could be a still growing bell pepper? Pick one, take a big bite, then report back.