Check Out Our Shop
Page 228 of 230 FirstFirst ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 LastLast
Results 5,676 to 5,700 of 5733
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    You've tried propping the door open, right?
    There it is!
    I see hydraulic turtles.

sonos — i know people hate on it, but it does it’s one job pretty well

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    You've tried propping the door open, right?
    Ha. Yeah. The closet is in the back of the house in the mudroom, the bluetooth signal from the front of the house (living/dining areas) would have to go through like three walls before it gets to the closet. Wifi gets in there fine but bluetooth not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    sonos — i know people hate on it, but it does it’s one job pretty well
    Yeah I was trying to avoid that but it may be the only answer.

The answer is a properly sized box fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    So the stereo receiver is in a closet. It has to stay there, the speaker wires run to the closet. The wifi router is also in the same closet. I want to stream music from my phone but Bluetooth isn't strong enough to get into the closet even with a good Bluetooth receiver. I currently stream from an ipad that's in the closet but it's a pain in the ass sometimes.

How do I stream music from my phone in this situation? Is there like a bluetooth receiver that can connect to wifi that I could put out in the living area? Or can I somehow maybe get the ipad to be a slave to my phone and just mirror what I do on my phone? Or something? Help a brutha out.
    Sounds like you need a Chromecast Audio: http://amazon.com/Google-Chromecast-..._df_B0BFXMQYJF

I'm pretty sure Google doesn't manufacture these anymore, so not sure how much runway you would have left. But there's got to be an equivalent product from someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    The answer is a properly sized box fan.
    Sorry, there are no working box fans available, moose out front shoulda told you.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Sounds like you need a Chromecast Audio: http://amazon.com/Google-Chromecast-..._df_B0BFXMQYJF

I'm pretty sure Google doesn't manufacture these anymore, so not sure how much runway you would have left. But there's got to be an equivalent product from someone else.
    Update: the internet says that the Wiim Mini is the best replacement for the Chromecast Audio

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I can remember when a 32 in TV was massive.

We like our Rokus for our older TV's. One of them is an older stick model that is sometimes too slow but it looks like that one is discontinued.

We have a huge DVD collection we rarely watch but last night we realized the TV we've had for 2 years doesn't have AV inputs. (I guess they make AV to HDMI converters. Should work for the VHS player too. )
    Did not remember seeing this before, so have a few things you could do. 2 options for the AV- get a new DVD drive that has HDMI interface. They are out there, and I picked one up a bit back for probably much less than the AV to HDMI converters cost. You could also step up to a Blu-Ray player that can do DVD's and CD's also. Those are a bit more money (even used) but coming down in price like most technology. They also have Internet capability and more capabilities than just a plain DVD player.

Sonos.

The best part is having music without phone interruptions
    The worst part is paying for premium Spotify.
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

So the stereo receiver is in a closet. It has to stay there, the speaker wires run to the closet. The wifi router is also in the same closet. I want to stream music from my phone but Bluetooth isn't strong enough to get into the closet even with a good Bluetooth receiver. I currently stream from an ipad that's in the closet but it's a pain in the ass sometimes.

How do I stream music from my phone in this situation? Is there like a bluetooth receiver that can connect to wifi that I could put out in the living area? Or can I somehow maybe get the ipad to be a slave to my phone and just mirror what I do on my phone? Or something? Help a brutha out.

Extend the speak wires out of the closet?

Pyle wifi audio receiver. Around $80

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1718154321.196586.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	596.2 KB 
ID:	494886

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yeah I was trying to avoid that but it may be the only answer.
    This little thing will add wifi connectivity (airplay 2) to your current stereo https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-SoundF.../dp/B094LGLJB9. “Belkin soundform connect” is the name - in case that link dies.

I almost went office space on my Bluetooth/TV speakers for their shitty connection strength (audioengine hd6), but that dongle basically makes them connect the same as a sonos setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dude chill its the padded room. -AKPM

Did your mom collect gas station kitchen knives?

The kind with flimsy serrated blades and cheesy plastic handles that sometimes came off after too many hot rinse cycles?

Did she reproach any suggestion of getting gas at lower prices rather than obtaining another matching blade? A keening in her eye?

I remember long legs of winter rolling through 2 lane tree bordered highways of northern Wisconsin where outposts were sparse, eschewing a stop when the gas gauge loomed left near an inferior mart, veering off into the night with the proper petroleum purveyor only a few dark leagues away. Or hot sticky rubber heat dream slaps down waffling concrete ribbons and off ramps to the plastic neon slushies and straws.

But woe unto occupants of a car that had stopped, but the blade had gone missing, slipping between the textured vinyl seats to join single socks and innocent ignorance.
    What satisfaction, what muted glee shone on adding another knife to the set.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Update: the internet says that the Wiim Mini is the best replacement for the Chromecast Audio
    Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    Pyle wifi audio receiver. Around $80
    Quote Originally Posted by house View Post
    This little thing will add wifi connectivity (airplay 2) to your current stereo https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-SoundForm-Connect-AirPlay-Receiver-Streaming-3-5mm-Speaker-other-AirPlay-enabled/dp/B094LGLJB9. “Belkin soundform connect” is the name - in case that link dies.
    Nice. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Did your mom collect gas station kitchen knives?

The kind with flimsy serrated blades and cheesy plastic handles that sometimes came off after too many hot rinse cycles?

Did she reproach any suggestion of getting gas at lower prices rather than obtaining another matching blade? A keening in her eye?

I remember long legs of winter rolling through 2 lane tree bordered highways of northern Wisconsin where outposts were sparse, eschewing a stop when the gas gauge loomed left near an inferior mart, veering off into the night with the proper petroleum purveyor only a few dark leagues away. Or hot sticky rubber heat dream slaps down waffling concrete ribbons and off ramps to the plastic neon slushies and straws.

But woe unto occupants of a car that had stopped, but the blade had gone missing, slipping between the textured vinyl seats to join single socks and innocent ignorance.
    What satisfaction, what muted glee shone on adding another knife to the set.
    That's poetry.

Does leaving water out overnight actually allow a significant amount of chlorine and other dissolved gasses to evaporate?
    Does a simple Britta style filter do more/less?-

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Nice. Thanks.

That's poetry.
    Or AI generated maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Does leaving water out overnight actually allow a significant amount of chlorine and other dissolved gasses to evaporate?
    Does a simple Britta style filter do more/less?-
    Project farm did a good video on filters.

As for the evaporation, my guess based on maintaining pools/hot tubs is it would take longer than overnight. Probably more like days.

Why don't they call it Happy Motherfucker Day?

I mean, y'know, to be a father, well...
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Why don't they call it Happy Motherfucker Day?

I mean, y'know, to be a father, well...
    All those in favor, say aye.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    All those in favor, say aye.
    Eye aye

It would be nice to reclaim that word. Much like gays embraced faggot and queer and African Americans took over the word that cannot be said or typed.

I did start Father’s Day by mother fucking their mother. Followed by a great afternoon of fishing with my boys.
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

If one would want to complement a lady in a gym, is it better to say ‘nice yoga pants’ or ‘nice tights’? Asking for a friend of course!

Does that cameltoe come with one hump or two

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    If one would want to complement a lady in a gym, is it better to say ‘nice yoga pants’ or ‘nice tights’? Asking for a friend of course!
    Lvovsky: :Excuse me m'am but those are really nice yoga pants" (wink wink)
    Female Gym Member: "What? Do you think the camel toe came withe these here tights?"

Best advice is to keep your eyes on the prize and keep working out. They know how nice the yoga pants look.