Page 21 of 224 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    A 50 gal "tall" is around 5 ft tall and a little under 2 ft wide.

A 50 "short" is about 4 ft and a little over 2 ft wide.

Or tankless on demand...
    May have been covered elsewhere but. My water supply is from a well and is too cold for most on demand heaters. I was thinking about keeping the current too small tank heater and plumbing in on demand heaters for Bathroom A and Bathroom B that draw their supply from the tank.

Overkill?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    May have been covered elsewhere but. My water supply is from a well and is too cold for most on demand heaters. I was thinking about keeping the current too small tank heater and plumbing in on demand heaters for Bathroom A and Bathroom B that draw their supply from the tank.

Overkill?
    Well. Heh. That depends.

Seriously, having a tank of some size gets you past the one drawback from at least my (Rinnai) on demand heater. It takes a while for water to get hot. I wish I had 10 or 20 gallons of prewarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    of course, and I expect either person would pay.

Person A posts in thread: "I'll take it!" Does nothing further, perhaps waiting for a response from me?
    Person B doesn't post, but sends a PM saying "I think someone else may have gotten it, but if not I'll take it!"

What is your move?
    Here's what I do:

Post a "dibs, check pm's" in the thread.

Send PM with my name and address and ask what their paypal addy is.

Usually done in a few minutes.

If I'm on the other end (I've never sold anything, just given it away), then I wait for a pm with an addy, they go on the list of my shit to do, and when I get around to sending it I'll pm them how much the shipping is. I've got a meat grinder boxed up to a guy up in ME that is taking up way too much space on my floor. Thanks for the reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    jesus dude I might be a pervert but I'm not a dick. ofc she knows. she saw me browsing the Ullr thread, asked what it was about, and then asked if she could contribute. she's more concerned with tgr's financial impact on our shared accounts than she is with being seen naked - a very european sensibility.

and re:water heater...goddammit. i don't even think i can fit a 50gallon in our utility room.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    No kids? Crank that fucker all the way up.

Probably should at least inform the wife when you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

Overkill?
    I'd ask a local plumber that you trust, i.e. one that isn't trying to sell you something.

That said, if it were me the first thing I'd look at is how old the current tank is and if it's getting close to the end of its life I'd probably just replace it with a bigger one.

And does the power go out regularly where you live? If the tank is gas you'll still have hot water, whereas unless things have changed recently, I don't think there's a tankless that doesn't require electricity. (although, with a well I assume you have a backup)

It takes more energy in the winter, but heats up the water sufficiently. A big tankless is different than the little undersink modules. Not sure if well water would be colder. Not sure how it could be really. Our (personal and city) lines run about 3-5 feet below grade, which seems it would be colder than a deep well? Not sure.
    That said its had a good life, getting a little tired and due to be replaced. I’m pondering switching to electric because when you’re trying to shower, do laundry, and run the furnace, just not enough gas to do it all. I had the utility turn up the flow at the main one time and it helped a little, but still not enough.
    Last edited by Rideski; 02-27-2021 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    It takes more energy in the winter, but heats up the water sufficiently. A big tankless is different than the little undersink modules. Not sure if well water would be colder. Not sure how it could be really. Our (personal and city) lines run about 3-5 feet below grade, which seems it would be colder than a deep well? Not sure.
    That said its had a good life, getting a little tired and due to be replaced. I’m pondering switching to electric because when you’re trying to shower, do laundry, and run the furnace, just not enough gas to do it all. I had the utility turn up the flow at the main one time and it helped a little, but still not enough.
    I'm no gas expert, but I don't think you should ever run into supply issues like that? My last house was gas everything like yours and I never had an issue, but my laundry is almost always cold water.

My new house is electric everything, you should be aware that electric water heaters are significantly more expensive to run and have longer recovery times. I also have a huge tub and walk-in shower with two sets of wall jets. It would be nice to be able to use the shower and tub at the same time but I'm not sure that's practical without spending a shit ton of money. At a minimum I need to do a bigger water heater as I can't fill the big tub all the way.

The size of the gas lines in your house can definitely be an issue, but that's just an issue of upgrading those lines inside the house, there's plenty of gas at the main.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Weird, the gas company guy said the pressure was higher than average once he turned it up, and the pipes in the house are all new from when I gutted it.

It was a fairly cheap $600 unit, so I imagine that’s the main problem. Not an issue for 8 months of the year.

Snowaddict, yeah I def wash all clothes on hot. Gets the oils out yo.

When I replaced my electric stove and added a gas stove, and already had a furnace, water heater, and dryer on the gas line, I recall the plumber having to do some calculation to determine whether my gas line was big enough or did it have to be upgraded.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yeah it’s about time to do some research. Probably should upgrade this coming Fall. I’ll put it on the (long) list.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Why is shit one of the most popular topics here? And why is it so funny?
    Shit is inherently either very funny or very tragic which invokes the classic truism: “When it happens to you it’s comedy but when it happens to me it’s tragedy” so even a tragic shit story is mainly funny for the rest of us.

My wife said I can buy a motorcycle if she can get a cat. I've been pretending to be allergic to cats for 15 yrs. What should I do?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    My wife said I can buy a motorcycle if she can get a cat. I've been pretending to be allergic to cats for 15 yrs. What should I do?
    You dug that hole pretty darn derp. Get a bigger excavator?

She's sending me pictures of cats from the local shelter every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    She's sending me pictures of cats from the local shelter every day.
    Somebody here once posted an epic story about banging some chick and how her cat scratched his ballsack right in the middle of the main event.

How much do you really want a motorcycle?

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Somebody here once posted an epic story about banging some chick and how her cat scratched his ballsack right in the middle of the main event.

Lol, I remember that. Let’s tap our new Search Function Expert, ::: :::, to dig it up.

TR, tell you you can get an outside cat. Bring one home, it may stick around long enough for you to take delight your bike.
    I still call it The Jake.

^I guess I could run over it with the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    How long do these midlife crisis's generally last?

We have a tankless water heater in Truckee. In the winter the cold water is 42 degrees. The tankless has no problem handling that, with up to three showers going. It is CA, so 2gpm shower heads. 199,000 BTU's. It's a skiers' house so the ability to run multiple showers endlessly is nice. Waiting for hot water in the kitchen is not nice. Recirculating is wasteful, undersink unit doesn't look like it would be able to raise the water temp enough, so we batch dishwashing, save the cold water for watering plants, filling the espresso machine, etc.
    From an environmental standpoint a tankless is not much more energy efficient than a new energy star tank water heater and certainly more expensive.

I have a one year old Dell laptop running preinstalled windows.
    Recently clicked a button under duress of brown water.
    Now when I power up, it’s grabbing one particular photo from gallery and displaying before log in. Once I log in, it goes away. Searched around start up boot up display etc and can’t find a default.

I have a one year old Dell laptop running preinstalled windows.
    Recently clicked a button under duress of brown water.
    Now when I power up, it’s grabbing one particular photo from gallery and displaying before log in. Once I log in, it goes away. Searched around start up boot up display etc and can’t find a default.
    Do we want to ask for the pic?

indubitably

Settings > Personalization> Lock Screen

That would be it. I was able to change the lock screen default pic, but not seeing how to delete the image in Question.

That would be it. I see how to change it, but not how to delete the image in Question.
    What gallery/directory is it pointing to?

https://improveandrepeat.com/2019/08...images-stored/