Page 104 of 226 FirstFirst ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 5637
    Not to change the subject (ok totally want to to do that- we are discussing duvets? really?), but I just want to point out that the Colorado Rockies have the best record in baseball right now. Probably won't get another chance to ever say that again this far into the season (almost a week!) so taking my opportunity now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
    Not to change the subject (ok totally want to to do that- we are discussing duvets? really?), but I just want to point out that the Colorado Rockies have the best record in baseball right now. Probably won't get another chance to ever say that again this far into the season (almost a week!) so taking my opportunity now.
    and the unthreadworthy question is "did you ever see that coming?"?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Anyone who can fold a fitted sheet is obviously a witch and must be burned at the stake
    I know how, but I don't do it because it's stupid :P

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    This may be common knowledge but I didn't know until a couple years ago that many duvets have little strings inside the corners that you tie to the loops on the corners of many comforters. Turn the duvet inside out, tie the strings to the loops on the top corners, then pull the duvet down around the comforter, then tie the bottom corners when you get to hte bottom. Keeps the comforter from bunching up inside the duvet.
    this. get one with the ties. Easier to stuff and it doesn't shift at night too
    skid luxury

Duvets annoy me.

Forget putting them back on.
    Once assembled they still suck.

Blankets. Comforter. Done.

Oh. And fuck bed bath and beyond and all the other drug dealers that sell duvet covers.
    . . .

fuck i can hardly put mine back on when i’m high and tired

if you’re married a king with double duvet’s is the only way

ftr we use no duvet bc I find them annoying. even when tacked down in the corners they get caught up when shifting around.
    We name almost everything in our house. the blanket is named Blanket Jackson
    skid luxury

The point of duvets is you can wash them easily, unlike a big comforter. If nothing happens in your bed that might get your comforter dirty, by all means skip the duvet.

I prefer several layers. Just like being outside in the winter. I grew up with a Frostline™ kit down quilt/comforter/duvet. It was necessary because my bedroom was unheated and we are talking about VT 40-50 years ago. Between that and an electric mattress pad, I was toasty if I was in bed. I used it off and on into my 20s if I lived in a cold house or when I used to go on winter road trips in my van. But now that I'm an adult and I live in a heated dwelling, I don't need one. They are too warm. And I sweat badly at night so I usually wake up with no covers anyway having kicked them off one at a time all night.

Every spring the cover would be taken off and the whole thing washed before storage. Every fall I would have to figure out how to put the cover on. I would turn the cover inside out and lay it flat on the floor. Then put the comforter on top of it and tie the ties to the loops. The trick, since it had edge loops too, was to get it on the correct side so the cover opening end ties weren't blocking the opening. It was a good spatial relationship exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    The point of duvets is you can wash them easily, unlike a big comforter. If nothing happens in your bed that might get your comforter dirty, by all means skip the duvet.
    I just wash the comforter. nbd
    skid luxury

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

King size needs a big washing machine, no?

I couldn't wash ours at home. If I was the kind of man inclined to do something like that.

duvet
    noun [ C ] UK
    US /duːˈveɪ/ UK /ˈduː.veɪ/
    (UK also continental quilt)

B1
    a large, soft, flat bag filled with feathers or artificial material used as a covering on a bed

duvet cover
    noun [ C ]
    US /duːˈveɪ ˌkʌv.ɚ/ UK /ˈduː.veɪ ˌkʌv.ər/

a cover for a duvet

well, then.

An Enlightened Equipment quilt and a 0 degree WM down bag seem to work just fine for me. I guess technically they are duvets.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I don’t get why everyone struggles. We have a king size duvet and my strategy is to just bunch the duvet down at the bottom of the bed, stuff a corner into the top corner, then do the other top corner. grab those two corners and give it a shake out or two. Stuff the bottom corners in, give it another couple shakes. Close it up and you’re good to go.

The advantage of having a king size duvet on a king sized bed is that as the down shifts in the duvet and the duvet shifts in the cover you can turn the whole thing 90 degrees every once in a while and get things properly arranged. With smaller beds you can still turn them--but you have to do a full 180.
    My wife and I don't pull the duvet off of each other because a) I've slept in enough sleeping bags in small tents that I stay in one place as I turn during the night, but more importantly b) the dog sleeps on top of the duvet, so the duvet isn't going anywhere. Unlike the dog, who has started going out to piss as many as 4 times per night.

Did that Caroline glich ski everest w a blown knee? Did someone ever call and leave her a voicemail?

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Am I the only Neanderthal that had to google what a duvet is?
    You are not alone. I have no idea what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

There are people in the duvet class who don’t buy covers with ties in all four corners?

you people are the reason we don’t get manual transmission wagons

I had a duvet tool in my golf bag

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post

You need to know more British people.
    I can categorically state that my people did not invent the duvet.

I remember their landing there as a small kid and regarding them as the height of Euro sophistication.

Two people is how to replace the cover without cursing being involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    What. The. Fuck.

Started as gay banana hammock body painting.
    Then goes full on I’m trying to break a limb doing stupid shit.

Wow.

I tip my hat to you gay banana hammock log riders.
    Holy fuck.
    . . .

Needs cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........