Page 45 of 224 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 5590
    Soft boomerang.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I disagree. He means every word.

I can replace the cord, although it looks like the alligator clip design was discontinued in 2001--so unsafe?
    My question is--is there any motor or battery related things that would cause the cord to overheat. At this point I'm assuming bad cord. In taking off the insulation I think I see why. If the design is bad I'm not sure I want to fix it.

The cord is soldered to the clip and there are copper wings on the clip that pinch the cord to hold it in place. I think the wings were pinched too tight or otherwise worked their way through the insulation and into the cord over the years.

Hmm, I can't imagine that they used the wrong gauge for the motor current draw. It's possible that the plasticizer in the insulation was lost over time (you see that often in older electric appliances, like radios from the 70s, where the cord is all cracked). Newer appliances, well, they're not as old, but they also have better plasticizers and stabilizers. It's also possible that due to repeated flexing cycles some copper strands broke and all the current was flowing through a reduced number of them, creating a hot spot.

I checked online and apparently it's preferred now to either hard-wire trolling motors, or to use plugs instead of alligator clips.

If you just want to keep it the same way you could get something like this 20 amp heavy duty alligator clip cord (I don't know how big your motor is, I saw that an average small trolling motor is 6 amps, so this one should be OK), clip off the banana plugs and splice the cables. But it depends on how comfortable you are in using a motor with such a repair.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Heat protective cover for the shelf next to the grill?
    Ted, if the mag collective can't get this one, maybe try posting here: https://www.reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing/

It’s an oven mitt for Flipper.

Q on using Venmo - if the sender pays with a credit card, who pays the fee for using the card? Sender or recipient?

I need to set up Venmo to collect money for a bike club order, and don't want to get stuck with fees.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    What's this thing?
    Incontinence pad for a Harley rider. Gotta protect that leather, and chaps are assless.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Q on using Venmo - if the sender pays with a credit card, who pays the fee for using the card? Sender or recipient?

I need to set up Venmo to collect money for a bike club order, and don't want to get stuck with fees.
    Sender I believe

What's this thing?
    Looks like a cover for a surf foil. Does it unzip?

Does it light up or make any noises?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

What's this thing?
    Kayak seat back pad for Lars Erickssong?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    It’s an oven mitt for Flipper.
    That's good

No pockets, zipper, etc. That's just a fold down the middle, and the other side is exactly the same.

What I do know is that it came with something I bought, as a bonus freebie, (with no explanation). But it's been so long I can't remember which thing it was.

What's this thing?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing/
    you'll have your answer in about 10 mins.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Fofo View Post
    Hmm, I can't imagine that they used the wrong gauge for the motor current draw. It's possible that the plasticizer in the insulation was lost over time (you see that often in older electric appliances, like radios from the 70s, where the cord is all cracked). Newer appliances, well, they're not as old, but they also have better plasticizers and stabilizers. It's also possible that due to repeated flexing cycles some copper strands broke and all the current was flowing through a reduced number of them, creating a hot spot.

I checked online and apparently it's preferred now to either hard-wire trolling motors, or to use plugs instead of alligator clips.

If you just want to keep it the same way you could get something like this 20 amp heavy duty alligator clip cord (I don't know how big your motor is, I saw that an average small trolling motor is 6 amps, so this one should be OK), clip off the banana plugs and splice the cables. But it depends on how comfortable you are in using a motor with such a repair.
    Yeah--the plug in cord permanently attached to the battery looks much safer to me. I'm just going to reuse the clip I have , cut off the bad section of cord, and solder it to the other leg of the clip. Just need to find some insulation for the second leg of the clip, or buy a new set of clips for 5 bucks. But in the long run getting a safer motor seems wise. OTOH I'm trying to convince my wife that I'm too old and decrepit to be lifting a heavy battery into a rocking sailboat while standing the wake-boarding boat waves.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I'm now taking over/under bets on the 5 year survival of this tree. Before you wager, you should know the following;

- Physics was not my strong suit in high school
    - Yes, that's a floor jack
    - I used screws AND nails for double the securingness
    - The feet are not sunk or otherwise sitting on concrete
    - No, I'm not gonna cut the excess off the top of each leg because ....
    - And yes, the theme to Sanford and Sons was playing in the background
    - Fun was had.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 4.46.26 PM.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	692.5 KB 
ID:	380146

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 4.46.36 PM.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1,000.0 KB 
ID:	380147

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 4.46.48 PM.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	380148

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 4.46.57 PM.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1,018.5 KB 
ID:	380149

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Sender I believe
    Thanks - I'm setting up my Venmo account now, and that's what it looks like during setup.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

can you define "survival?" 'cause while the big stem looks troubled, it appears that it's sprouting from the roots.

Has the "Skip Ads" button gone missing in the YouTube app for anyone else recently? Some googling shows that this issue has been documented before, but always related to using YouTube on the web in a browser. I can't find anything about it in the mobile app. It's been like this on my phone for about a week now. Phone restart does nothing.

I'm aware that some ads cannot be skipped, that's not what I'm talking about. What's happening is that an ad starts, the "You can skip this ad in 5, 4, 3..." countdown appears, but when the countdown finishes the "Skip Ad" button never appears. It's a minor annoyance when it's a 30 second ad, but a huge PITA when the ad is minutes long.

Just tried it with the youtube app on android 11 and the skip button appeared after the countdown as per normal, so maybe an issue on your device?

Do people who utilize nervous laughter, actually think it works?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Do people who utilize nervous laughter, actually think it works?
    I think they think it works for them.

But I could be wrong.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Hahaha

Ha

Heh

Heh

Hoooo
    . . .

People see ads on Youtube? That must suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Hahaha

Ha

Heh

Heh

Hoooo
    Why so serious?

Do you wash clothes with DEET in them in the regular wash, or separate/double wash etc?